[Merc] Pierce

2»

Comments

• gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
    Wow. This merc has gotten more views than any other merc in this section in the shortest amount of time. Good job, man!

P.S. If you want, I can draw up some basic clothing sketches. I've done a few before but I'm not that good, I'd rate myself a 5/10.

KEK is love, KEK is life.
  • N8oN8o Posts: 1,430
    I want some kind of character that can do bleed damage. I don't know why, but it seems it would be cool. Maybe if his arrows did something like that, it would bring a cool change of pace into the game :-)
    Check out my YouTube channel if you love me. I will be posting guides on how to play mercs in pub and comp settings.
    cHxK5wl.png
  • Scientist with a bow? I could see a more technologically advanced gun rather than a bow with advanced shots. Like lets say, beam rifle?
  • FobiwaFobiwa Posts: 19
    @gg2ez Thank you man, if you want to draw some sketches for Peirce it would really mean a lot. I honestly have no idea what i want him to like but there are 2 thing i really want him to have. Round glasses and an orange vest. Again, you guys are amazing for helping me with this
    edited November 2015
    @RadicalMac the reason he uses a bow is because he is a full blown @$!# and seeing an arrow pierce makes his spine tingle a bit. In all honesty tho a merc with some sort of beam weapon would be a fun idea. Maybe I can have that as a second project but as of now Peirce will have all of my attention
    Post edited by Fobiwa on
  • i kinda forgot for half a second how tracking works in dirty bomb, so when you mentioned the radiarrow and rad tracker, i imagined looking at a black enviroment for low-rad, and shiny skies as well as peppered shiny bits on the ground and walls for hi-rad. also the gas tunnels being shiny and trying to figure out which shiny bits are rad bits stuck on enemy mercs and which are just stuck to the wall.
    then i continued onto the part where he cant use his weapons while on the rad tracker and then i remembered.
    while a pretty smart way to track targets, its...kinda useless. because why would i want to know where a certain someone went? i just want to make sure no one trods over to the EV or bomb spot or flag-objective-thing.
    well, for the last one, it might be smart to stick some rad bits onto the deliverable obj and watch its movements that way(if it actually works that way), but if im reading this right, it only lasts 20 seconds?
    and that's for the delivery obj. EV and bomb site dont need radiarrows and radetectors as far as i can tell. maaaaybe if you add the bit where you have to make out shiny and non-shiny and paint the bomb site with rads and watch for an outline of a non-rad person in the room, but that's basically redeye's IR goggles with some really big limitations. and it doesnt mark people.
    QgEMw04.jpg
    @TheRyderShotgun you kinda got it wrong dude. Say that you have been hit with radioactive shrapnel and when you are you can easily get spotted once Peirce pick up hid rad tracker. Tho you have given me an interesting idea on how to improve his tracking mechanic so thank you for that.
  • HunterAssassin5HunterAssassin5 Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2015
    your welcome i guess but again, the way this tracking system works, you mark specific individuals that are within the radiarrow's AOE as it goes off, correct?

the radiarrow and radetector tracks specific individuals, which, again, is useful for tracking deliveries, but for everything else, not so much.

(i'd like to point out what comes next came up as i was typing, so dont get mad at me for not mentioning it sooner, sorry!)
    HOWEVER. there is one way that it could help.
    ill call it "painting" for now. basically, you paint, say, a doorway. it gets covered in radibits. people walk over said radibits and collect them on their boots. then he can track those radibits on the enemies.
    saves on having to shoot at a group you can see, since recons are always squishy squishy.
    QgEMw04.jpg
  • HunterAssassin5HunterAssassin5 Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2015
    also, i'd like to ask a question, how can he not use his weapons when the radetector is active? im imagining using both hands to hold up some goggles or a tablet computer, but that's boring.

traditionally, radiation is detected and calculated with something called a "Geiger Counter". i had to google that. you point the detector thing at something, and it tells you how irradiated that something is. far as i know, there isnt a camera that can "see" radiation, unless you want to get smart with me and point out visible light is a form of radiation and we have plenty of cameras that can see light.

anyways, say he has 1 of those detector things on each shoulder for triangulation, and he has the geiger counter along with a miniature computer for the calculations to do the triangulation, tracking, and differentiating between radbits on enemies and other rads in the environment, all powered by a hand-cranked electric generator, and he just pulls out this giant hand crank going "ready, set, science!" or something and starts cranking, which would make a funnier reason for why he cant shoot while using the tracker.

this is a funny bit i thought up, since he seems like a funny guy. feel free to ignore this one, tho.

EDIT: okay, after a quick google search, turns out there are cameras that can see radiation. oh well.
    QgEMw04.jpg
    also, i'd like to ask a question, how can he not use his weapons when the radetector is active? im imagining using both hands to hold up some goggles or a tablet computer, but that's boring.

traditionally, radiation is detected and calculated with something called a "Geiger Counter". i had to google that. you point the detector thing at something, and it tells you how irradiated that something is. far as i know, there isnt a camera that can "see" radiation, unless you want to get smart with me and point out visible light is a form of radiation and we have plenty of cameras that can see light.

anyways, say he has 1 of those detector things on each shoulder for triangulation, and he has the geiger counter along with a miniature computer for the calculations to do the triangulation, tracking, and differentiating between radbits on enemies and other rads in the environment, all powered by a hand-cranked electric generator, and he just pulls out this giant hand crank going "ready, set, science!" or something and starts cranking, which would make a funnier reason for why he cant shoot while using the tracker.

this is a funny bit i thought up, since he seems like a funny guy. feel free to ignore this one, tho.

EDIT: okay, after a quick google search, turns out there are cameras that can see radiation. oh well.

Only an ignorant fool would ignore this. I will probebly just buff him and I have a few ideas hon how to change his tracker for the better but thank you for your help. Also the only "paint" he might use is red O__O
  • I literally made an account just to comment on this. I like this idea and, in my opinion this is the best looking archer merc so far. The way I see the tracking ability working though, since it's more situational then throwing out a heartbeat sensor or looking around with red eye, is that who ever lives through the blast Aoe of the arrow and is thus irradiated would then be able to be tracked no matter where till they die and respawn. I also imagine that tracker would be just a click of a button, that way it matches the highspeed intensity of the game and doesn't take up your run gunning fun.

I also imagine the bow firing around half the speed of the driess ar at minimum draw. The driess does around 26 dam so it could keep in in the realm of balanced as long as it's bullet time and drop aren't too crazy.

(P.S. gotta have that deep irish red hair and I'll buy that merc)
  • "he"
    dropped
    waifus only
  • you'd rather have a bat-@$!# crazy mad scientist waifu girl? i'd rather not. im scared of yanderes.
    QgEMw04.jpg