@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:
    That still makes her the only merc that can also punish your own teamates in the direct form of a death, which is not true with every single other example you can find in a FF-off context. And when you (ab)use of specific mechanics of that sort, which are totally off compared to similar gameplay assets, you're neither balancing things thoroughly nor constructing a good gameplay.

Exception case in video games generally hurt the readability of the overall action and turn it totally gibberish.

I don't really care about no punishing aspects or not, current mines setting is not readable and accorded to the way the rest of the game works. And that's a far bigger issue in my view.

Lets not forget mines are one of the most abused items in the game. Just drop and shoot, theres no activation delay unlike other deployables and u cant avoid them in a firefight. Either put a delay on proxy mines like bushwhackers turret or remove delays from all deployables to make it fair.

It comes in handy when I have to 1v2 a Rhino and Thunder by myself and teammates are not helping with objective.

its still abuse regardless

its not abuse if its a "Feature"

As i said, if there guna keep proxy mines without a delay remove the delay from the rest of the in game deployables as well

Nah, SD knows plenty enough that's pretty much the only way you can use them efficiently by now.
    I'd love to see some throwback weeks where abilities are reverted to their original state so you guys can see the difference. With 190 damage and bigger explosion radius, mines were very far from the cheap kill grabber it currently is, even while using the drop and shoot technique. You had way more opportunities to use them nicely. A nicely placed mine could turn the tide on many occasions, while it clearly gets way rarer today.

Ive been playing since open access/beta. Im aware

then you must have been aware that proxy do badly against a good player, no need to make her more crappy than she is now.

shes a meme pub stomping merc now

That is the point I imagine, the pub scrubs love her...and the devs often appeal to the scrubs...so keeping her mines broken fits their odd agenda perfectly.

• @Sorotia said:

That is the point I imagine, the pub scrubs love her...and the devs often appeal to the scrubs...so keeping her mines broken fits their odd agenda perfectly.

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,297

I think Redeyes smoke works against it somehow (entirely based off of one time where I threw smoke, heard mine blow up and got neutralize xp)

MakeMachinePistolsGoodAgain

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

@Lord_Coctus said:
    I think Redeyes smoke works against it somehow (entirely based off of one time where I threw smoke, heard mine blow up and got neutralize xp)

SD.....
    why?

Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,297

@GatoCommodore said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

SD.....
    why?

Don't worry I was wrong, tried it again and ate pancake.

MakeMachinePistolsGoodAgain

• Darkwolf3802Darkwolf3802 Posts: 119

@Sorotia said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:
    That still makes her the only merc that can also punish your own teamates in the direct form of a death, which is not true with every single other example you can find in a FF-off context. And when you (ab)use of specific mechanics of that sort, which are totally off compared to similar gameplay assets, you're neither balancing things thoroughly nor constructing a good gameplay.

Exception case in video games generally hurt the readability of the overall action and turn it totally gibberish.

I don't really care about no punishing aspects or not, current mines setting is not readable and accorded to the way the rest of the game works. And that's a far bigger issue in my view.

Lets not forget mines are one of the most abused items in the game. Just drop and shoot, theres no activation delay unlike other deployables and u cant avoid them in a firefight. Either put a delay on proxy mines like bushwhackers turret or remove delays from all deployables to make it fair.

It comes in handy when I have to 1v2 a Rhino and Thunder by myself and teammates are not helping with objective.

As i said, if there guna keep proxy mines without a delay remove the delay from the rest of the in game deployables as well

Nah, SD knows plenty enough that's pretty much the only way you can use them efficiently by now.
    I'd love to see some throwback weeks where abilities are reverted to their original state so you guys can see the difference. With 190 damage and bigger explosion radius, mines were very far from the cheap kill grabber it currently is, even while using the drop and shoot technique. You had way more opportunities to use them nicely. A nicely placed mine could turn the tide on many occasions, while it clearly gets way rarer today.

then you must have been aware that proxy do badly against a good player, no need to make her more crappy than she is now.

If you know how to shottie then you can use her just fine. Theres no need to play cheap to make up for what your lacking.

• SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,493

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Sorotia said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

If you know how to shottie then you can use her just fine. Theres no need to play cheap to make up for what your lacking.

Well Proxy is one of the biggest mercs who plays to the "Play it cheap to make up for what you're lacking"

Bugged pizza delivery mines and spray and pray bunny hopping is what most players do with her.

• kopyrightkopyright Posts: 537

Our angered prayers have been answered.

Other Mercs
    Fixed a bug that caused Proxy mines to not be destroyed by explosives

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

@kopyright said:

Other Mercs

when is this?

Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side

• kopyrightkopyright Posts: 537

@GatoCommodore said:

@kopyright said:

Other Mercs

when is this?

Today's update - https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/merc-serv-melee-mayhem/

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,274
    edited April 18

@kopyright said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@kopyright said:

Other Mercs

when is this?

Today's update - https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/merc-serv-melee-mayhem/

Fixed spelling error on CDA sign

Did any one even notice or care????

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,194Moderator

Great ! Look like we can now move our complaints on something else. :blush:

I'm going to close that thread since the glitch is fixed.

This discussion has been closed.