RIP Video Games, 'cept humble Indies.

TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 2,173

Much like LEGO toys, I used to play it in the past. Same fate goes to video games...

Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

Comments

  • henki000henki000 Posts: 425

    Let the kids gamble. It's their parents liability to monitor gambling obsession. If you make it illegal, it will only increase under-the-counter gambling. I know those odds are crap, but business is business. Better have that business under control and collect tax for common good than let mafia run it.

  • AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,131
    edited March 9

    A corrupt aristocracy and clergy, undermining and abusing or even outright ignoring the efforts and suffering of the peasants and non noble clerics, while the comfy landowners stay out of royal politics enjoy their simple lives.

    Soon, everything would crumble and fall, everyone from the shining crown to the bruised and filthy toes would suffer from their system, and a violent overthrowing of society commences. From the rubble shall rise charismatic leaders and reformist warriors, all with grand designs of a republic, where the peasants would die, and the lower class are reborn as proud laborers for the new banner.

    Not too long after, the once docile peasants are now better educated and well fed, but are just as greedy and unsatisfied. They too would nibble and chomp on the system that had saved them, causing a collapse from all the tension and strife. The people call for someone smart, someone great, someone charming and trustworthy to lead them through the chaos and bring order for generations to come, only to come back to their old monarch, then nobles, then feudals. All has gone full circle, for such is man: a backwards fool and a forthcoming genius, forever running in the hamster wheel they made themselves.
    .
    .
    .
    Now replace the nouns with "AAA" and "Indies".

    Edit: help I'm bleeding from the edge

  • AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,131

    @henki000 said:
    Let the kids gamble. It's their parents liability to monitor gambling obsession. If you make it illegal, it will only increase under-the-counter gambling. I know those odds are crap, but business is business. Better have that business under control and collect tax for common good than let mafia run it.

    For any Americans reading this: Prohibition much?

  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 2,173

    @AlbinMatt said:
    A corrupt aristocracy and clergy, undermining and abusing or even outright ignoring the efforts and suffering of the peasants and non noble clerics, while the comfy landowners stay out of royal politics enjoy their simple lives.

    Soon, everything would crumble and fall, everyone from the shining crown to the bruised and filthy toes would suffer from their system, and a violent overthrowing of society commences. From the rubble shall rise charismatic leaders and reformist warriors, all with grand designs of a republic, where the peasants would die, and the lower class are reborn as proud laborers for the new banner.

    Not too long after, the once docile peasants are now better educated and well fed, but are just as greedy and unsatisfied. They too would nibble and chomp on the system that had saved them, causing a collapse from all the tension and strife. The people call for someone smart, someone great, someone charming and trustworthy to lead them through the chaos and bring order for generations to come, only to come back to their old monarch, then nobles, then feudals. All has gone full circle, for such is man: a backwards fool and a forthcoming genius, forever running in the hamster wheel they made themselves.
    .
    .
    .
    Now replace the nouns with "AAA" and "Indies".

    Edit: help I'm bleeding from the edge

    We need the next Che Guevara, only in video game industry.

    Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

    @TheStrangerous said:

    @AlbinMatt said:
    A corrupt aristocracy and clergy, undermining and abusing or even outright ignoring the efforts and suffering of the peasants and non noble clerics, while the comfy landowners stay out of royal politics enjoy their simple lives.

    Soon, everything would crumble and fall, everyone from the shining crown to the bruised and filthy toes would suffer from their system, and a violent overthrowing of society commences. From the rubble shall rise charismatic leaders and reformist warriors, all with grand designs of a republic, where the peasants would die, and the lower class are reborn as proud laborers for the new banner.

    Not too long after, the once docile peasants are now better educated and well fed, but are just as greedy and unsatisfied. They too would nibble and chomp on the system that had saved them, causing a collapse from all the tension and strife. The people call for someone smart, someone great, someone charming and trustworthy to lead them through the chaos and bring order for generations to come, only to come back to their old monarch, then nobles, then feudals. All has gone full circle, for such is man: a backwards fool and a forthcoming genius, forever running in the hamster wheel they made themselves.
    .
    .
    .
    Now replace the nouns with "AAA" and "Indies".

    Edit: help I'm bleeding from the edge

    We need the next Che Guevara, only in video game industry.

    i dont want "Che Guevara of game industry" to lynch beta males and african-centric people
    but i get what youre getting at.

    Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
                                                                    
  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 2,173

    Still, it's a post apocalyptic wasteland. I feel more and more alienated each year from this hobby... :/

    Even a revolutionist wouldn't change a thing.

    Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 618

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Much like LEGO toys

    All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There's your first problem. B)

  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 2,173

    @Wintergreen said:

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Much like LEGO toys

    All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There's your first problem. B)

    Pfff... BIONICLE was DA BROWN BRICK! Although, I do wish it didn't have such convoluted continuity lockout (the lore is mind blowingly complex AF!).

    Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

  • AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,131

    @Wintergreen said:

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Much like LEGO toys

    All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There's your first problem. B)

    Either that's a brand of toys I've never heard of, or you Americans have very intimate ways of remembering your presidents.

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

    @AlbinMatt said:

    @Wintergreen said:

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Much like LEGO toys

    All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There's your first problem. B)

    Either that's a brand of toys I've never heard of, or you Americans have very intimate ways of remembering your presidents.

    he loves chopping logs

    Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
                                                                    
  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 618

    @AlbinMatt said:

    @Wintergreen said:

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Much like LEGO toys

    All the cool kids played with Lincoln Logs in their childhood. There's your first problem. B)

    Either that's a brand of toys I've never heard of, or you Americans have very intimate ways of remembering your presidents.

    Only the coolest brand, mind you.

    https://goo.gl/images/TjP1Pf

    Me and my little brothers used to build them in the yard. My grandad actually built us little mini catapults we used to try to launch marbles at each other's cabins to knock down. Eventually that led to rock throwing and fighting once someone knocked one down... lol.

  • bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,116

    I dunno man

    99% of indie games are just copycats of successful indie games

    99% of successful indie games are just reworked copycats of successful 1990s/early 2000s games

    Unique, fun games are super rare nowadays

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

    @bgyoshi said:
    I dunno man

    99% of indie games are just copycats of successful indie games

    99% of successful indie games are just reworked copycats of successful 1990s/early 2000s games

    Unique, fun games are super rare nowadays

    Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
                                                                    
Sign In or Register to comment.