Since the FEL-IX is useless now, can Aimee got a MoA?

2»

Comments

• @GatoCommodore said:

@Ptiloui said:

@TheStrangerous said:
    Alright, food for thought:

Randomly saw a Fortnite sniper rifle gameplay, and realized the bullet is actually a projectile, instead of hit scan.

What if Sniper rifle bullets were projectiles, or heck every guns' bullets were projectiles and not hitscan?

It's already frustrating to see bottom score vassili/aimee missing everyshot, staying back and not contributing in any way to the objective. No need to add more difficulty to sniper rifles.

well thats why you could tweak the projectile speed.

it would give faster smaller hitbox mercs to dodge it (80-90 hp is justifiable now)
    and bigger normal speed mercs would still be shot like usual.

It will just be bad for the game. And will make snipers completely useless if it doesn't come with a huge damage buff that will make bodyshots do at least 110 damage. This will just make snipers bullshit

• @TheStrangerous said:
    Alright, food for thought:

Randomly saw a Fortnite sniper rifle gameplay, and realized the bullet is actually a projectile, instead of hit scan.

What if Sniper rifle bullets were projectiles, or heck every guns' bullets were projectiles and not hitscan?

Did you play with the newest Battlefield titles?
    In those every weapon shoots projectiles. What does it achieve?

• First, it requires a huge computing capacity, so the server refresh rate is 10 Hz to bypass this problem - yes, you've read right, your client only sends data to the server only 10 times a second.
    • Add to this, that there are weapons with 800-1000 RPM, and 2 bullets to the head kill you (4-5 bodyshots) which means even with 0ms ping you can get killed before you even see the enemy around the corner - and kill trades happen all the time.
    • Depending on projectile speed, kill trades can happen in a legit way even with ideal condition as well, if you shoot at the same time.

So in my experience it only adds problems and inconsistence.
    On the other hand in Battlefield the maps are huge, and you often need to cross open areas, so hitscan snipers would be OP

• @ThunderZsolt said:
    Did you play with the newest Battlefield titles?
    In those every weapon shoots projectiles. What does it achieve?

• First, it requires a huge computing capacity, so the server refresh rate is 10 Hz to bypass this problem - yes, you've read right, your client only sends data to the server only 10 times a second.
    • Add to this, that there are weapons with 800-1000 RPM, and 2 bullets to the head kill you (4-5 bodyshots) which means even with 0ms ping you can get killed before you even see the enemy around the corner - and kill trades happen all the time.
    • Depending on projectile speed, kill trades can happen in a legit way even with ideal condition as well, if you shoot at the same time.

So in my experience it only adds problems and inconsistence.
    On the other hand in Battlefield the maps are huge, and you often need to cross open areas, so hitscan snipers would be OP

Battlefield? What's that?
    /jk

This is why I mentioned Painkiller. Or heck, take any ideas from Arena Shooter genre, cause of DB's fast fast movement.

Bolt action rifles with hitscan mechanics will never have golden middle, if god like players can wipe the entire team with it.

As far as I know, bullets have drop-off in BF series, which is something I didn't suggest.

Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

• Da_MummyDa_Mummy Posts: 235

@TheStrangerous
    Wasn't there like a merc that could delete projectiles with a skyshield... nah that would just be dumb
    Like adding a medic to the game that can't heal people am I right guys..