Another Time Capsule Thread

It's that time of the DB cycle! After the next merc's reveal, shall we make another bet?

Also, I'm merging 2 polls into 1 thread, to avoid redundancy.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14086967
http://www.strawpoll.me/14086979

My bet:

MERC GROUP: ASSAULT
GENDER: MALE

I know I voted for the same thing last time, but after seeing the pattern of merc release (Thunder, Aimee, Turtle, Javelin, Guardian), there hasn't been any new Assault merc released for nearly 2 years. And male, because recently we got 2 female mercs, 3rd time's a charm!

RIP DB
Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

Comments

  • GuziolGuziol Posts: 325

    My bet is a female assault. Don't know why but that's my guess.

  • jooshoyesjooshoyes Posts: 333
    edited October 2017

    Definitely has to be an assault merc, for the reason OP suggested, but I hope it is a bit different to your usual nade merc, something a bit more different, similar to Rhino, but hopefully not too similar XD.
    I wouldn't mind a robot/ cyborg, since they are pushing all this fancy tech out recently.

  • SD pls give us Jenny

    核P-MODEL-白く巨大で
                                                                    
  • @GatoCommodore said:
    SD pls give us Jenny

    Pokemon much? ;)

    Nah, just kiddin' I know what yo mean.

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • @TheStrangerous said:

    @GatoCommodore said:
    SD pls give us Jenny

    Pokemon much? ;)

    Nah, just kiddin' I know what yo mean.

    between her and misato is also fine

    核P-MODEL-白く巨大で
                                                                    
  • LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 2,028

    @Guziol said:
    My bet is a female assault. Don't know why but that's my guess.

    Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • Now let's see the time span.

    If Javelin was 09.22.2017 and Guardian was 10.10.2017. It's been 49 days or 7 weeks (every 6-7 week, like they said).

    Then the next one should be on 28th of November, presumably... Considering the worst case scenario: 7 weeks.

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,858
    edited October 2017

    I think i have a theory regarding future merc...

    You know how there's heaven and hell, yin and yang?
    What if the future merc was the opposite of Guardian, whom she's associated with angels and heaven?

    Like that merc could have sound wave ability, which shakes the ground, and have associations with hell and devil? Or some other ability related to ground manipulation?

    But what about Stoker you say? Well, he's too much of a gentlemen/candyman and Hank Hill rather than devil...

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • GuziolGuziol Posts: 325
    edited October 2017

    @TheStrangerous said:

    Like that merc could have sound wave ability, which shakes the ground

    The god of secondary objective C4's. Please no more shaking in the game.

  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,097

    @TheStrangerous said:
    I think i have a theory regarding future merc...

    You know how there's heaven and hell, yin and yang?
    What if the future merc was the opposite of Guardian, whom she's associated with angels and heaven?

    Like that merc could have sound wave ability, which shakes the ground, and have associations with hell and devil? Or some other ability related to ground manipulation?

    But what about Stoker you say? Well, he's too much of a gentlemen/candyman and Hank Hill rather than devil...

    A merc like that already exists.

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 347

    After reading @Eox post about new objectives, an idea came in my mind : there was a "hacking device" in game files that you were able to equip by typing the console command "set SGPawn secondaryWeapons (A_hackingdevice_01)" (showed in a WTSFM video in 2015, doesn't work anymore).
    So what if the next merc is a hybrid engie/recon class with this hacking device ? You place it on the ground and every ennemy deployables in radius are disabled, then after one or two seconds are reactivated but as if they were on your side ?
    Or instead of placing it on the ground, you throw and stick them like fletcher's stickies.
    If the hacking device is destroyed, deployables are deactived and reactivated as if they were placed by their original owner.

  • @Ptiloui said:
    After reading @Eox post about new objectives, an idea came in my mind : there was a "hacking device" in game files that you were able to equip by typing the console command "set SGPawn secondaryWeapons (A_hackingdevice_01)" (showed in a WTSFM video in 2015, doesn't work anymore).
    So what if the next merc is a hybrid engie/recon class with this hacking device ? You place it on the ground and every ennemy deployables in radius are disabled, then after one or two seconds are reactivated but as if they were on your side ?
    Or instead of placing it on the ground, you throw and stick them like fletcher's stickies.
    If the hacking device is destroyed, deployables are deactived and reactivated as if they were placed by their original owner.

    Or maybe create a bubble, like Guardian does?

    That's the buff I suggested for Phantom in other thread. Using his OPSAT, I mean... buttons on his glove ;)

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • Officer Jenny with Grandeur

  • My money is on an assault, but a recon is possible as well. I also want a hermaphrodite merc, preferably a snail or maybe a worm.

  • @inscrutableShow said:
    My money is on an assault, but a recon is possible as well. I also want a hermaphrodite merc, preferably a snail or maybe a worm.

    Clownfish are Hermaphrodites... or are they traps?

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,104

    @Mr.Cuddlesworth said:
    Officer Jenny with Grandeur

    Okay, so we have...

    A clone soldier
    with a dog
    and a battle rifle...

  • Recon Android. Calling it.

  • And so it happened...

    I got his gender right, unsure about the group.

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • C4te confirmed in discord Hunter is going to be a Recon.

    One out of two ain't bad.

  • JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,104

    Is he going to have a shotgun?

  • @JJMAJR said:
    Is he going to have a shotgun?

    I presume SMGs, much like Phantom.

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,104

    I wish the forum had a "feels" emote to indicate immense sadness.

  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,858
    edited November 2017

    Hmmmm... the only merc groups left for perfect 25 mercs, are Assault and Engineer...
    Now it's absolutely hard to come up with any merc...

    Unless...

    @stayfreshshoe said:
    I like the idea of a Merc with a jet pack ability. Would be an interesting mechanic. We don't have a set number of Mercs that we plan to release, but definitely don't want to add Mercs just for the hell of it. If there is a gap in gameplay which we can fill with different and interesting mechanics, we will do so.

    I wanna see a little engineer robot which you can deploy to do objectives :3 That or a Merc with throwable armed C4 (but people tell me that's crazy) or throwable C4 which all Mercs can arm faster than normal.

    @Faraleth said:
    Remember, as always, unless specifically stated as confirmed, please take everything with a grain of salt.
    Rostrum wants to make a Merc called Falcon, but needs some concept from the community to help him design them ;)

    POLISH NANOSUIT HUSSAR CONFIRMED @$!# MAĆ! :lol: jk

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,104
    edited November 2017

    What about a sniper assault with a laser sight?

    "Falcon" sounds like a sniper character.

  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,858
    edited November 2017

    @JJMAJR said:
    What about a sniper assault with a laser sight?

    "Falcon" sounds like a sniper character.

    Sure, it does.


    Falcon, the UT's Sniper rifle equivalent in Toxikk, a failed arena shooter revival game. I regret every involvement I had with this game... :confounded:

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

  • hurgyahurgya Posts: 104

    @TheStrangerous said:

    Sure, it does.
    Toxikk, a failed arena shooter revival game. I regret every involvement I had with this game...

    Why do you regret it? Wasn't the only problem with it the lack of players? (I've personally never played it)

  • @hurgya said:

    @TheStrangerous said:

    Sure, it does.
    Toxikk, a failed arena shooter revival game. I regret every involvement I had with this game...

    Why do you regret it? Wasn't the only problem with it the lack of players? (I've personally never played it)

    Brushing off the fact, that I suck at arena shooter genre and tried very hard gettin' into it. Yeah... nobody was playing it, didn't boom in popularity.
    A multiplayer game with no players is a dead game. Unless you add bots with highly advanced AI.

    RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

Sign In or Register to comment.