Planned Forum Maintenance - 24th May 2018

We will be doing maintenance on 24th May 2018. The forums will be read-only until the maintenance is finished.

Causual Penaty?????

A 24 hour ban for leaving a match in CMM ???? Seriously! Isn't that the whole point of casual? People have @$!# to do sometimes

Comments

• Wait what? 24H? wtf i swear even ranked doesnt have that sort of leaving penalty. This was introduced in this weeks update? This has to be some sort of bug right

• NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,534

never heard of a 24hr ban for leaving a match, if so must be a bug

moop
  • I don't think so, tech support told me i could voice my "opinion" on the forum. That statement makes me think this is a policy rather than a "bug". Either way it's BS.

• That's excessive. It's casual for God's sake, not a commitment.

• Didnt knew that. I claimed before that casual is casual enough, but I almost never drop my matches. There should be only small penalty for leaving, like karma in Fallout that can be restored for doing good choices. 24 hours is good for ranked.

• now hold on a minute, quitters in pubs are one of the reason why newbies calling unbalanced matches...

isnt this what we need?

Hammock - Oh the Bliss (Reinterpretation) | Far Cry 5

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,131

@GatoCommodore said:
    now hold on a minute, quitters in pubs are one of the reason why newbies calling unbalanced matches...

isnt this what we need?

Yeah, but it's CASUAL for goodness sakes. I still have that bug that kicks me out randomly, and if technical issues are considered leaves, then that's just dumb.

• NOT 24 HOURS!

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,206Moderator

A friend got a penality for no reason at all while he never left a match. A lot more players are complaining about bans for no reasons or incredibly long bans. There is probably something wrong with the penality system.

Even if you don't think it's a bug, I highly recommend you to report it there : http://forums.dirtybomb.com/categories/bug-reporting

Better be safe than sorry.

• AFAIR even ranked had an increasing penalty. Started with 15 minutes, next time 1 hour, then 24 hours or something like that. After a week without leaving the timer reset.

I did abuse it though occasionally for leaving in case we had 2 or more crappy snipers and I got bored teabagging and not reviving them. ;)

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• @Eox said:
    A friend got a penality for no reason at all while he never left a match. A lot more players are complaining about bans for no reasons or incredibly long bans. There is probably something wrong with the penality system.

Even if you don't think it's a bug, I highly recommend you to report it there : http://forums.dirtybomb.com/categories/bug-reporting

Better be safe than sorry.

It's not a bug.

"It is because CM is currently being tested openly and leaving the game also affects the other players too. You can try using Server Browser instead CM to avoid possible penalties in the future." - Dirty Bomb Support Team

i wouldn't use CMM except that in the US the server browser doesn't have objective mode.

• Yet another reason to not use CMM. I literally have not used the system since a week after release and this only confirms my theory that SD wants Dirty Bomb to be more like Overwatch in it's matchmaking which is disgusting. It sucks too because now the only mode I play is stopwatch because they got rid of execution and ruined objective.

Please SD, don't make Dirty Bomb Overwatch.

Too glam to give a damn.
    In game as Seebetterfromadistance.

• I just lost my streak for the Mk. III case, I got penalized twice in a row, the first time without a reason, today when I was finally able to play the first match I joined had server issues having an annoying ping, and unable to play I left. Now I got another penalty... this is starting to kill it for me

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,212

This must be a bug. I've left many CMM matches (aka every time it sends me to Chapel) without penalty. The fact that a penatly warning appears at all in CMM is what makes me suspicious that CMM is a flat copy/paste of the Ranked matchmaking program. I bet turning off Ranked for now made the penalty system embedded in CMM's code start freaking out.

• @bgyoshi said:
    This must be a bug. I've left many CMM matches (aka every time it sends me to Chapel) without penalty. The fact that a penatly warning appears at all in CMM is what makes me suspicious that CMM is a flat copy/paste of the Ranked matchmaking program. I bet turning off Ranked for now made the penalty system embedded in CMM's code start freaking out.

Maybe deselect chapel from the cmm map options instead of quitting and ruining everyone's time?

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419
    edited September 2017

So either play against a possible hacker or get a temp ban wtf why was this was my only choice the other day. Of course i took the ban asni didnt know inwould get banned.

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• "a possible hacker" So you're not even sure if he's actually cheating or if he's just a good player, great attitude to leave because of that :smiley:

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,212

@blufflord said:

Maybe deselect chapel from the cmm map options instead of quitting and ruining everyone's time?

lmfao do you honestly think I have it selected? The first thing I did on CMM's release was deselect it.

• @bgyoshi said:

@blufflord said:

lmfao do you honestly think I have it selected? The first thing I did on CMM's release was deselect it.

So what you are saying is the map filter doesn't work. Report that @$!#.. :tongue:

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419

@neverplayseriou said:
    "a possible hacker" So you're not even sure if he's actually cheating or if he's just a good player, great attitude to leave because of that :smiley:

Well i wasnt the only one suspecting . Besides we were getting spawn camped realy hard. Who wants to stick around for that

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here