Fine Tuning Update Release Notes - 4th September, 2017 - UPDATED!

stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 517Administrator, Moderator, Developer
edited September 4 in Announcements

Hey all!

This Fine Tuning Update contains a selection of bug fixes across the board, including:

UI

  • Temporarily changed the in-game font for localisation testing in more languages

    • This change will affect all players temporarily - In a future update, fonts will change depending on the language chosen by the player
  • Altered the colors in the Play menu, so that Casual Mode better aligns with the game's visual language

  • Players will now automatically announce in chat when changing Merc, to keep teammates informed
  • This is the first iteration of this system, and will be improved with future updates

    • Players using quick chat commands will now have their V-say combinations displayed in the chat
  • Slightly increased the font size for items in the Home Screen, Store, and Scoreboard in the Post-Game Lobby

  • Added Active Missions to the Profile tab at the bottom left of the menus, allowing you to view them from the In-Game Lobby

Bug Fixes

  • Fixed bug where the screen could briefly be obstructed by the gun when spawning
  • Fixed bug where players would remain in the matchmaking search for a short period after closing the game
  • Fixed bug where it was difficult to see Javelin’s rocket when firing her Rocket Launcher straight ahead
  • Fixed bug where Commander voice lines would not play when destroying pylon A on Dome
  • Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP
  • Fixed bug where the Shar-C reload animation was not playing correctly in third person
  • Fixed bug where the Tactical Combat Axe would clip into Javelin’s hands
  • Fixed bug where the scoreboard was not sorted by XP in the post-game lobby
  • Fixed bug where team chat would appear in the wrong color in the pre-game lobby
  • Fixed bug where players were sometimes prompted to “accept” Casual Matchmaking games
  • Fixed bug where players could not change Mercs in a ranked lobby
  • Fixed bug where the Update Notification pop up was overlapped by the Play Button
  • Fixed bug where player names would disappear from the chat messages in the post-game lobby
  • Fixed bug where players could get stuck in a searching-for-match state
  • Fixed bug where more than 6 players could join a party
  • Fixed bug where Vote to surrender would be enabled after 3 min instead of 5 min

Known issues

  • Chat will not pop up telling players why matchmaking searches are cancelled

    • This can happen when searching with a penalty, or if no servers are found
  • There are some font kerning and alignment issues in certain languages, along with some broken characters

    • Font changes in a future update will resolve these issues

Enjoy!
shoe.

Post edited by stayfreshshoe on
«1

Comments

  • Finally fixed bug where you get stuck at searching for a match screen, one of most annoying bugs ever

  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,447

    is Javelin's rocket now misfiring?

  • @K1X455 said:
    is Javelin's rocket now misfiring?

    Thank God that's a fine nerf

    Kappa

  • _milla_milla Posts: 15

    Axe is broken

  • MelinderMelinder Posts: 671

    @stayfreshshoe

    Are you guys at all aware that Weapon Kits can't be used with Javelin? Is this intentional? I've struggled to get an answer from anybody, despite how many individual people I've asked, and posting in the Bug Megathreads.

    Yo, Big Shaq, the one and only
    Man's not hot, never hot
    Skrrat, skidi-kat-kat
    Boom

    Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths
    Everyday man's on the block, smoke trees
    See your girl in the park, that girl is a uckers
    When the ting went quack-quack-quack, you man were ducking (you man ducked)
    Hold tight, Asznee (my brudda), he's got the pumpy (big ting)
    Hold tight, my man (my guy), he's got the frisbee
    I trap, trap, trap on the phone, movin' that cornflakes
    Rice Krispies, hold tight my girl Whitney (my G)
    On the road doin' ten toes, like my toes (like my toes)
    You man thought I froze, I see a peng girl, then I pose (chilin')
    If she ain't on it, I ghost, hah, look at your nose (check your nose, fam)
    You donut, nose long like garden hose

    I tell her man's not hot, I tell her man's not hot
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)

    Hop out the four-door with the .44, it was one, two, three and four (us man)
    Chillin' in the corridor (yo), your dad is forty-four
    And he's still callin' man for a draw (look at him), let him know
    When I see him, I'm gonna spin his jaw (finished)
    Take man's Twix by force (take it), send man's shop by force (send him)
    Your girl knows I've got the sauce (flexin'), no ketchup (none)
    Just sauce (saucy), raw sauce
    Ah, yo, boom, ah

    The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

    I tell her man's not hot (man's not), I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot"

    Man can never be hot (never hot), perspiration ting (spray dat)
    Lynx Effect (come on), you didn't hear me, did you? (nah)
    Use roll-on (use that), or spray
    But either way, A-B-C-D (alphabet ting)

    The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

    Big Shaq, man's not hot
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    40 degrees and man's not hot (come on)
    Yo, in the sauna, man's not hot (never hot)
    Yeah, skidika-pap-pap

  • stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 517Administrator, Moderator, Developer

    @Melinder said:
    @stayfreshshoe

    Are you guys at all aware that Weapon Kits can't be used with Javelin? Is this intentional? I've struggled to get an answer from anybody, despite how many individual people I've asked, and posting in the Bug Megathreads.

    This definitely sounds like a bug to me. Will pass it on

  • blufflordblufflord Posts: 577

    @nokiII said:
    Why don't you mention the font change at all? It's a pretty big change...

    Any chance the UI font changes etc weren't meant to be in this update?

  • @nokiII said:
    Why don't you mention the font change at all? It's a pretty big change...

    Indeed. Especially for me, as now it doesn't support Polish unicode so my translation is broken af, SD fix this please

  • GhosteyGhostGhosteyGhost Posts: 47
    edited September 4

    Phantom's obsidian operative is visually bugged for me. If I kill someone with katana it then turns around, nearly every time...

  • I hate to be a noob but, what does this mean?
    "Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP"
    Phantom's EMP?

  • Why you don't mention bug with not geting kills in profile menu?

  • R4pingTr4inR4pingTr4in Posts: 12
    edited September 4

    What about the statistics bug? It's been in the game for a month and still hasn't been fixed. wow

  • @R4pingTr4in said:
    What about the statistics bug? It's been in the game for a month and still hasn't been fixed. wow

    Anyway it's too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

  • blufflordblufflord Posts: 577

    @DynoSauR said:
    I hate to be a noob but, what does this mean?
    "Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP"
    Phantom's EMP?

    When phantom activates his refractive amour ability to go "invisible", he also generators an emp radius around him. Any deployables in that radius get disables, such as mines, turrets and supposedly Jav's ammo ability also.

  • R4pingTr4inR4pingTr4in Posts: 12
    edited September 4

    @Unrivaled said:

    @R4pingTr4in said:
    What about the statistics bug? It's been in the game for a month and still hasn't been fixed. wow

    Anyway it's too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

    I don't think so. Reseting stats? Why? I am lvl 83 and I wouldn't be happy if they removed everything. I was playing this game during both of these simmilar statistics bugs. If you are developping yourself, you should be fine, because the more you play, the more relevant the statistics will be. It isn't that much of a deal. It simply annoys me, because SD doesn't even know about this bug, which is very strange considering a fact, that it's a pretty old bug.

  • X-RaY19X-RaY19 Posts: 1

    Fix the bug when you are in a party and wnat to start casual game and it asked from you if you want to leave the party.

  • frostyvampirefrostyvampire Posts: 1,067

    You can now see quickchat messages used by the enemy team (at least while dead. I'm unsure about being alive) and also Javelin's axe looks weird and the hitboxes got worse (especially against deployables)

  • This new Font looks horrid, and being able to see quick chat codes clutters the screen and is distracting due to how big and clunky it is. Please remove the the quickchat letter number combination and pick different font, or at least have an option to pick a font, because its disgusting currently.

  • FabiopxKFabiopxK Posts: 78

    @GhosteyGhost said:
    Phantom's obsidian operative is visually bugged for me. If I kill someone with katana it then turns around, nearly every time...

    Not sure if trolling or not, but in case not i'm going to assume you're refering to the animation that plays after you kill someone with the katana. That is intentional and was added about 2 patches ago i think...it's not a bug, it's a new animation lol

    not gonna lie...before, when it was slower, it looked way better ;)

  • DagasawrDagasawr Posts: 372

    @TheOmniscient said:
    This new Font looks horrid, and being able to see quick chat codes clutters the screen and is distracting due to how big and clunky it is. Please remove the the quickchat letter number combination and pick different font, or at least have an option to pick a font, because its disgusting currently.

    I wouldnt say its clunky if you get used to the combinations.

  • DanNnexDanNnex Posts: 6

    @_milla said:
    Axe is broken

    The axe is indeed broken, it now has the same range as the stiletto which makes no sense and the cut is way off. you have to look up in the sky to hit a merc in the chest,plz fix

  • bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 801

    Axe range is SUPER busted
    The in game text that shows up when someone switches class is incredibly obnoxious
    I've been killed by airstrikes while underground
    You can't send text in the end-game chat box at the end of rounds

    Hot fix QUICK

  • MelinderMelinder Posts: 671
    edited September 4

    @X-RaY19 said:
    Fix the bug when you are in a party and wnat to start casual game and it asked from you if you want to leave the party.

    That may not be a bug. Casual Matchmaking isn't available in all regions. As far as I know, North America and parts of Europe are eligible.

    Yo, Big Shaq, the one and only
    Man's not hot, never hot
    Skrrat, skidi-kat-kat
    Boom

    Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths
    Everyday man's on the block, smoke trees
    See your girl in the park, that girl is a uckers
    When the ting went quack-quack-quack, you man were ducking (you man ducked)
    Hold tight, Asznee (my brudda), he's got the pumpy (big ting)
    Hold tight, my man (my guy), he's got the frisbee
    I trap, trap, trap on the phone, movin' that cornflakes
    Rice Krispies, hold tight my girl Whitney (my G)
    On the road doin' ten toes, like my toes (like my toes)
    You man thought I froze, I see a peng girl, then I pose (chilin')
    If she ain't on it, I ghost, hah, look at your nose (check your nose, fam)
    You donut, nose long like garden hose

    I tell her man's not hot, I tell her man's not hot
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)

    Hop out the four-door with the .44, it was one, two, three and four (us man)
    Chillin' in the corridor (yo), your dad is forty-four
    And he's still callin' man for a draw (look at him), let him know
    When I see him, I'm gonna spin his jaw (finished)
    Take man's Twix by force (take it), send man's shop by force (send him)
    Your girl knows I've got the sauce (flexin'), no ketchup (none)
    Just sauce (saucy), raw sauce
    Ah, yo, boom, ah

    The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

    I tell her man's not hot (man's not), I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot"

    Man can never be hot (never hot), perspiration ting (spray dat)
    Lynx Effect (come on), you didn't hear me, did you? (nah)
    Use roll-on (use that), or spray
    But either way, A-B-C-D (alphabet ting)

    The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

    Big Shaq, man's not hot
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    40 degrees and man's not hot (come on)
    Yo, in the sauna, man's not hot (never hot)
    Yeah, skidika-pap-pap

  • Anyone notice that Javelin's axe attacking range is reduced? Now its short as hell. U cant even finish a laid-down foe while standing with that axe

  • @R4pingTr4in said:

    @Unrivaled said:

    @R4pingTr4in said:
    What about the statistics bug? It's been in the game for a month and still hasn't been fixed. wow

    Anyway it's too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

    I don't think so. Reseting stats? Why? I am lvl 83 and I wouldn't be happy if they removed everything. I was playing this game during both of these simmilar statistics bugs. If you are developping yourself, you should be fine, because the more you play, the more relevant the statistics will be. It isn't that much of a deal. It simply annoys me, because SD doesn't even know about this bug, which is very strange considering a fact, that it's a pretty old bug.

    Well yeah then they should give us the possibility to reset them. The previous stats bug didn't matter at all, none of the stats were working so it didn't impact anything. For this one it's very different.

    What do you mean by "if you're developping yourself"? I mean, stats are not shown to anybody, so the only purpose of them is to see what mercs you're the most deadly/efficient/useful/etc with. I almost exclusively played Sparks over the past month, and it's now my 4th most played merc. I had around 2.0 kills per minute before the bug, I now have 0.4. I have over 30 hours of playtime with her I believe, so it's needless to say that my stats for Sparks are now ruined forever. To make the stats somewhat relevant again, I'd need to "develop myself" all the time for years, so that the time I played with her during the bug (more than 20 hours I guess) becomes negligible. And that's an insane amount of time.

    So now, how am I supposed to compare, for example, my killing ability with Sparks as my killing ability with the other medics? And that's something I would really like to know, because of how different Sparks's gameplay is.

    And btw SD does know about this bug, they have commented on a youtube video that they were aware of it, and that was weeks ago, maybe even more than a month ago.

    So, yeah, I understand that you want to keep yours, so they shouldn't reset them for everyone, but they should give us the possibility to do so imo.

  • @Unrivaled said:

    @R4pingTr4in said:

    @Unrivaled said:

    @R4pingTr4in said:
    What about the statistics bug? It's been in the game for a month and still hasn't been fixed. wow

    Anyway it's too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

    I don't think so. Reseting stats? Why? I am lvl 83 and I wouldn't be happy if they removed everything. I was playing this game during both of these simmilar statistics bugs. If you are developping yourself, you should be fine, because the more you play, the more relevant the statistics will be. It isn't that much of a deal. It simply annoys me, because SD doesn't even know about this bug, which is very strange considering a fact, that it's a pretty old bug.

    Well yeah then they should give us the possibility to reset them. The previous stats bug didn't matter at all, none of the stats were working so it didn't impact anything. For this one it's very different.

    What do you mean by "if you're developping yourself"? I mean, stats are not shown to anybody, so the only purpose of them is to see what mercs you're the most deadly/efficient/useful/etc with. I almost exclusively played Sparks over the past month, and it's now my 4th most played merc. I had around 2.0 kills per minute before the bug, I now have 0.4. I have over 30 hours of playtime with her I believe, so it's needless to say that my stats for Sparks are now ruined forever. To make the stats somewhat relevant again, I'd need to "develop myself" all the time for years, so that the time I played with her during the bug (more than 20 hours I guess) becomes negligible. And that's an insane amount of time.

    So now, how am I supposed to compare, for example, my killing ability with Sparks as my killing ability with the other medics? And that's something I would really like to know, because of how different Sparks's gameplay is.

    And btw SD does know about this bug, they have commented on a youtube video that they were aware of it, and that was weeks ago, maybe even more than a month ago.

    So, yeah, I understand that you want to keep yours, so they shouldn't reset them for everyone, but they should give us the possibility to do so imo.

    By "developing yourself" I mean that you have to be getting better and better. I know that the statistics won't be relevant, but seriously, it's not that much of a deal (as I said). I found this comment, it was posted two weeks ago, so it makes our situation even stranger. I hope that not only for me. The best solution is to remove the playtime since the bug appeared, but I am quite sure it isn't possible.

    They know about this bug, they haven't fixed it and it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed soon. With every hotfix I hope to see it in "fixed bugs" section, but every time they let me down and it hasn't been written in "known bugs" section either. This behaviour is really interesting and annoying at the same time, because SD doen's care about it or at least it doesn't look like they care.

    Btw I was writing my post to emphasise the fact that SD hasn't fixed it yet, not to whine about my irrelevant statistics.

  • Stats were already @$!# before this, cause there were several months when gibbing and shooting deployables counted as missed shots.

    This is just another disappointing update. Bullshit-features that noone needs, and well more bugs created than fixed.

    And about the javelin weapon kit. Seriously? Shoe reads it the first time? There s like 20 threads only on steam about that.

  • Splash Damage, you NEED to put US & EU objective servers back in the server browser, or boot up some more servers for US & EU objective that are not excluded from the server browser as it takes 3-7 minutes for the queue to place people in a server when we could previously do just that ourselves in less than 30 seconds with the server browser. The removal of said US & EU servers along with Javelin's legitimately overpowered rocket launcher have made quite a lot of players very unhappy, some enough to boycott your game until you've rectified the issues, despite how much they've liked your game before the update. Need proof? Just take a good look at the forums here on the DB website, the discussions on DB's Steam community, and comments on your Steam news releases.

  • I preffered the old font. Just cant get used to the new yet :/

Sign In or Register to comment.