Some buff to Fragger?

He is worst merc i have in my crew, he is the only one with a AOE ability that takes so much time to recharge and also is not that strong wile Fletcher, Nader can spam their lower damage AOE ability's all game and Proxy and Arty have one hit kill AOE ability's and two charges also he does not have any side ability such as ammo packs (arty) or engineer (Proxy, Fletcher), so he is useless for the team after he trows that grenade and good luck survive that much until its recharges.

I would suggest give him back 2 grenades or reduce the time he has to recharge maybe to the same time as Nader have to wait for its grenades but Nader still have the advantage of have more grenades to spam and give him some side ability such ammo packs/ammo station.

I think he could be a good merc for clear close areas, so far only Nader is the one to be more useful for that role.

Comments

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,806

That speaks volumes more about you as a player than about Fragger as a merc, because for many people he is essential, vital, mandatory for team composition. He is like the Soldier in TF2 in that regard.

My recommendation is learn how to use the spawn timer, learn the spawn locations, and learn how to read these bits of information to land a perfect nade.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • @watsyurdeal said:
    That speaks volumes more about you as a player than about Fragger as a merc, because for many people he is essential, vital, mandatory for team composition. He is like the Soldier in TF2 in that regard.

My recommendation is learn how to use the spawn timer, learn the spawn locations, and learn how to read these bits of information to land a perfect nade.

He have nothing to do with soldier, if he is that essential why i am the only one in the server that play with him? i tried hard to use him because i buy the explosive bundle, from all i see its painful to play with him, i can do way better with a Nader and Fletcher to clear objectives and yes it took not enough time to realize how to use hes nades perfectly, any fps player will figure it out, is not like rocket science, but i so far o only score 3 kill with 3 light mercs together in a hall, in most times i have to stare at the enemy faces until my grenade refill, if i got one kill by a direct hit that means nothing because i still have the hole team behind him to fight and all i have is a rifle and +30 of health wile others mercs can kill me with either one hit or 2 from their ability.

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,806
    edited July 2017

Because you're playing on pubs and people do not care. But that doesn't mean Fragger is not still a strong merc. You're playing mercs that are arguably easier to use, and not trying to use Fragger to his full potential.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • How do you kill more than two or more people spread-out around the objective in a space little than 17 seconds?

What does fragger without hes grenade do over Thunder without hes grenade? -30in HP?
    What about Sky Hammer and Arty without hes support? just +20 HP? thats nothing, and they have ammo packs and their ability's are more effective.
    What about Stoker with out hes incendiary? +20 HP? he has ammo station.
    All they have Rifles, and all that he is above is +20 for 3 mercs which is not a big thing and he still die really fast.

He is far from a strong merc, he is overshadow in ability and overall combat by any other merc.

• SaulWolfdenSaulWolfden Posts: 796
    edited July 2017

The only buff Fragger needs is for his LMG, alternatively, burst fire nerfs.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

more ammo on his LMG

Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side

• MrHaaaxMrHaaax Posts: 53

The thing is you seem to forget about everything else Fragger has. His frag grenade is infrequent, sure, but it can kill anyone that isn't Rhino and has a massive AoE compared to Nader's and Fletcher, which means you are getting a free kill, even two, three or a teamwipe every 17 seconds. People are calling him to be nerfed because he has a 17 second nuke, not the other way around.

He also has 20 more HP compared to Nader and 30 more compared to Fletcher, that means he can survive one or two more shots or can still be alive after getting bombarded with explosives whereas both Nader and Fletcher would be long dead, especially if Unshakeable comes into play.

He also has access to one of the most broken weapons in the game, the BR16.

To play devil's advocate, what advantage does Nader have over Fragger? 5 eggs instead of one nuke, sure, she can spam it all day long, and she is definitely better at breaking Aura/(Turtle) camps in this regard. Unfortunately she can only use SMGs, and sure the Crotzni is powerful, it's no rifle; it fails over longer distances. And the Lactic-40 doesn't work in close range like Fragger's nades. And 20 less HP means she dies quicker; you may say it's only one less shot compared to Fragger so it doesn't matter, but it does; more often than not I have escaped with a silver of health left as Fragger, had it not for the extra HP I would be long dead.

And Fletcher? He has 10 less HP, which means he can take even less punishment. He can spam stickies, sure, he is broken in that regard even, but his primaries are limited to shotguns and the Blishlok which means his range is also much limited (granted the Blishlok does have a good range.) His stickies cannot bounce off walls which means he need direct LoS to his targets to do anything, more often than not if you are not sticking balls on people then it's wasted, and sticking it in people's face is no easy job.

You are simply not playing him to his full potential.

TL;DR: git gud.

@MrHaaax said:
    The thing is you seem to forget about everything else Fragger has. His frag grenade is infrequent, sure, but it can kill anyone that isn't Rhino and has a massive AoE compared to Nader's and Fletcher, which means you are getting a free kill, even two, three or a teamwipe every 17 seconds. People are calling him to be nerfed because he has a 17 second nuke, not the other way around.

He also has 20 more HP compared to Nader and 30 more compared to Fletcher, that means he can survive one or two more shots or can still be alive after getting bombarded with explosives whereas both Nader and Fletcher would be long dead, especially if Unshakeable comes into play.

To play devil's advocate, what advantage does Nader have over Fragger? 5 eggs instead of one nuke, sure, she can spam it all day long, and she is definitely better at breaking Aura/(Turtle) camps in this regard. Unfortunately she can only use SMGs, and sure the Crotzni is powerful, it's no rifle; it fails over longer distances. And the Lactic-40 doesn't work in close range like Fragger's nades. And 20 less HP means she dies quicker; you may say it's only one less shot compared to Fragger so it doesn't matter, but it does; more often than not I have escaped with a silver of health left as Fragger, had it not for the extra HP I would be long dead.

And Fletcher? He has 10 less HP, which means he can take even less punishment. He can spam stickies, sure, he is broken in that regard even, but his primaries are limited to shotguns and the Blishlok which means his range is also much limited (granted the Blishlok does have a good range.) His stickies cannot bounce off walls which means he need direct LoS to his targets to do anything, more often than not if you are not sticking balls on people then it's wasted, and sticking it in people's face is no easy job.

fletcher has machinepistole as sidearms

bush, turtle, and fletcher has same HP but somehow fletcher gets the better speed?

nerf fletcher HP to 100 because only static mercs gets +HP

edited July 2017

@GatoCommodore said:

@MrHaaax said:

fletcher has machinepistole as sidearms

bush, turtle, and fletcher has same HP but somehow fletcher gets the better speed?

nerf fletcher HP to 100 because only static mercs gets +HP

That's exactly what I was thinking. Fletcher SHOULD be the lowest HP male engineer given he's the most offensive (he'd be closer to a glass cannon with 100 HP). Bush and Turtle are both defensive so it makes sense they'd have more HP than him.

• Just take thunder over Fragger in overall combat, yes he does not have a 1 hit kill grenade but he eat bullets and can sustain combat allot longer, rater have more HP than a one time use grenade.

@roquethegamer said:
    Just take thunder over Fragger in overall combat, yes he does not have a 1 hit kill grenade but he eat bullets and can sustain combat allot longer, rater have more HP than a one time use grenade.

Thing is.. Thunder is outright OP. Fragger is more or less balanced.

edited July 2017

@MrHaaax said:

@roquethegamer said:
    Just take thunder over Fragger in overall combat, yes he does not have a 1 hit kill grenade but he eat bullets and can sustain combat allot longer, rater have more HP than a one time use grenade.

Stark + Concussion = OP.

Fragger at least has to deal with enemies normally not affected by a concussion grenade when he uses the BR16.

@SaulWolfden said:

@MrHaaax said:

@roquethegamer said:

Stark + Concussion = OP.

Fragger at least has to deal with enemies normally not affected by a concussion grenade when he uses the BR16.

Don't forget the ludicrous health pool. Remove the Stark and you still have the second most beefiest merc that isn't gimped at range like Rhino.. that said Rhino does have revolvers.

If anything reduces his HP down to 150-160 would be more reasonable.

• DawnlazyDawnlazy Posts: 1,157
    edited July 2017

Fragger was OP for a very long time, but after the nerfs he's pretty much perfect at the moment. You get beefy HP, a grenade that can do wonders, and some of the best weapons in the game. Literally just take some gitgud pills.

@frostyvampire said:

@roquethegamer said:
    He is worst merc i have in my crew, he is the only one with a AOE ability that takes so much time to recharge

I stopped reading here.
    If 17 seconds is too long for you then what about Skyhammer?

To be fair Skyhammer isn't exactly top tier.

• frostyvampirefrostyvampire Posts: 1,187

@MrHaaax said:

@frostyvampire said:

@roquethegamer said:
    He is worst merc i have in my crew, he is the only one with a AOE ability that takes so much time to recharge

I stopped reading here.
    If 17 seconds is too long for you then what about Skyhammer?

To be fair Skyhammer isn't exactly top tier.

But his cooldown is like 75 seconds or so (not sure exactly). That was my point

• LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 2,056

70 seconds. Just play Arty instead who can get 3 and a half strikes off before Skyhammer calls in a strike, and has the Stark. :'D

Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • GuziolGuziol Posts: 363
    edited July 2017

I can tell you why i don't play fragger in pubs. It's mostly because he is pretty much mandatory in any serious play so i want a break and play something more fun. Fragger is top tier and im honestly tired of him. I understand he needs to be the way he is with how the game operates right now but i just highly dislike him.
    Also, pls buff skyhammer.

@Guziol said:
    I can tell you why i don't play fragger in pubs. It's mostly because he is pretty much mandatory in any serious play so i want a break and play something more fun. Fragger is top tier and im honestly tired of him. I understand he needs to be the way he is with how the game operates right now but i just highly dislike him.

make the cooldown on 60 sec would be good,

right now it feels too long.

but yknow, that means the ev will get destroyed every minute

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,131

@GatoCommodore said:

@Guziol said:

make the cooldown on 60 sec would be good,

right now it feels too long.

but yknow, that means the ev will get destroyed every minute

Engineers repair it in under 7 or so seconds. Sounds good to me.

• DefaultSettingsDefaultSettings Posts: 168
    edited July 2017

@roquethegamer said:
    why i am the only one in the server that play with him?

Very true statement. According to graphs, nobody plays Fragger on Pubs. Please buff.

Trust me, you should be more than happy that you do not face more fraggers in public. Cause Fragger mains are competitve oriented and terribly annoying when decent. He is, in the hands of a good player, the most terrifying merc after Recons maybe cause this guy can longspawn half the enemy team each spawn.
    Do you know how it feels to die after 4 seconds each spawn with at least one other team mate, several times in a row ?

Not to mention his HP (which has been nerfed already), his weapon pool and his taunts.

You're just not playing him right.

Post edited by DefaultSettings on

fragger need speed buff

• Cgz27Cgz27 Posts: 77

So nice seeing all these opinions hehe

Would be funny if this guy was just trolling us with the interesting comments he makes lol

• kopyrightkopyright Posts: 540
    edited July 2017

@SaulWolfden said:
    Bush and Turtle are both defensive so it makes sense they'd have more HP than him.

Let's not forget their magnificent beards.