Frequent Reload Bugs As Of Late + Other Bug Additions

MelinderMelinder Posts: 541
edited June 30 in General Chat

As of a few days ago, myself and those who I play Dirty Bomb with have been experiencing a few bugs associated with reloading, some of which have been in the game for a while, however were very rare (at least for me), and some that I have never seen before. Note that these reports have all come from players who use the Australian servers.

Completing The Reload Animation - Not Receiving Ammunition

This has been in the game for quite a while, though it was no where near as frequent back then. I was reviewing some of my old footage, and I found a clip from the end of 2016 that included this bug. The bug is quite simple, and random. Initiate a reload, let the reload animation finish completely without attempting any kind of animation cancel, and receive no ammunition in return.

Submitted by aPa3

Submitted by Melinder

Sprint While Reloading Without Having Double-Time

To me, this is a completely new bug. I myself have never seen this before, but please do comment below if you have. Finding footage for this was quite difficult, as I tend to reload while wall-jumping. I have footage of what I believe was the bug occurring, however I can't determine whether I was moving at a running speed or a walking speed, so I will let you be the judge. @doxjq was the one who mentioned this to me, and I seemed to notice it once he had.

Card Used

60 Frames-Per-Second Version (Enable HD Quality With Cog At Bottom Right)

Ability Activation Inconsistency

A tough one to distinguish whether or not it comes down to network lagg or an actual in-game or server-side issue. I'm basing this off being told by a large amount of people in the Australian community (this may be important as it could be the servers in this region that are experiencing the issues). Unfortunately I don't have footage of this, as my internet has been cactus the past week, and the footage that I do have isn't conclusive enough to determine whether it's my internet or the game. When activating an ability, it will often not release on the first use, requiring multiple uses in order for it to come out (Heartbeat Sensors and Frag Grenades have been report the most).

Submitted by 34Gladiator | NOTE: Yellow indicator is not due to network instability, rather client-to-server distance. Additionally, the audio of "Heartbeat Sensor Deployed!" triggered.

Submitted by Melinder | 2x Speed due to length of clip

If you've experience any of these (or have experienced other bugs that you feel have popped up recently), comment below. If you have video evidence, feel free to send it to me so that I can add it to the OP.

Post edited by Melinder on

(2 + 2) - 1 = 3

Quick Maths

Comments

• pumpkinmeerkatpumpkinmeerkat Posts: 686

I've had the reload issue and other reload issues with revolvers in particular. Fel-ix still has the weird animation bug that doesn't allow you to cancel the chambering animation sometimes. Also chambering sounds are often missing from Fel-ix reload when scoped in.

The issue with the heartbeat sensor happens with other throwables as well but not as often. May be a an issue with a core mechanic that is more apparent with the heartbeat sensor because the animation is slightly out of sync or something. It takes three or four times to successfully throw sometimes with a good connection to a server.

Weapon jamming/delayed weapon firing is an issue that seems to be more common lately as well. Most obvious with bolt actions - Fel-ix in particular. Pressing mouse one to fire either does not fire at all or gun will fire a second or so later. I believe this also happens with burst rifles but I have not used them in a while so cannot confirm.

• MelinderMelinder Posts: 541
    edited June 29

Yea, a lot of what we are experiencing are bugs that have always happened every once in a while, however now we are experiencing them very frequently.

The heartbeat sensor example is one I've been experiencing a lot (because I've been playing him a hell of a lot lately), though it's not only the heartbeat sensor that's experiencing this. I've had a few people tell me that it's happening with Fragger's grenade also.

With the jamming, I am only familiar with the Burst Rifles experiencing it. It comes and goes for some of us. Some days the bursts will be fine, but some days it jams up all the time. I have footage, and despite it being inconclusive (due to the fact that the basis for the argument is that "I said so"), I'll post it anyway. It's inconclusive in the fact that it's impossible for anybody other than myself to know how frequently I was clicking mouse 1, though I can assure you I was pressing it lightning fast (also please don't call me out for Bruno Mars, was a random song rotation I swear)

(2 + 2) - 1 = 3

Quick Maths

• frostyvampirefrostyvampire Posts: 981

God the graphics of the second clip gave me aids.

I don't think I ever experienced the first bug.
    I remember I had the 2nd bug a few times but as far as I remember it only happened to me with Kira using the AUG back then (I don't have this card anymore because I'm going for full cobalts/obsidians/good special edition now) and it was pretty rare. But I don't think I ever experienced it with any other merc or any other weapon

• pumpkinmeerkatpumpkinmeerkat Posts: 686

@Melinder if you get a chance try using the Fel-ix on Vas and see if you run into any of the same issues. Difficult bugs to demonstrate but when using the weapon they should be pretty obvious.

Should post on Reddit as well with all those sweet GIFs!

• doxjqdoxjq Posts: 2,041

Fraggers nades are hugely screwed at the moment. 9/10 nades I throw don't throw after the last update. Chezky thought it was just the one Stopwatch server but I had both the double time bug and the nade cancelling bug last night on an objective server.

2-3 days straight now I have a permanent red lag symbol on the right hand side of my screen on all servers. My ping is fine, my routing is fine, and all other games are fine. Just seems to be a DB thing.

• SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,157

those ugly configs, so much tryhard sadness

First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • hawkeyeguy99hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 577

The Phoenix ability bug is one I've had for a long time, never been fixed. There are so many times I will use his ability, it'll charge all the way and then fire without giving any health or causing a cooldown. It's frustrating because I have actually had teammates die because my health ability bugged and didn't fire when they needed health. Pls fix SD.

Too glam to give a damn.
    In game as Seebetterfromadistance.

• blufflordblufflord Posts: 545

@Szakalot said:

Wanting a smoother gaming experience doesn't make someone a tryhard.

• SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,157

@blufflord said:

@Szakalot said:

Wanting a smoother gaming experience doesn't make someone a tryhard.

i do wonder how many of the potato config people really do it for the fps. Back in the day you could remove all foliage, some textures, explosions and make all enemies come out in 3 times the contrast.

Times change, fortunately.

First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,153

@doxjq said:
    2-3 days straight now I have a permanent red lag symbol on the right hand side of my screen on all servers. My ping is fine, my routing is fine, and all other games are fine. Just seems to be a DB thing.

i dont have a permanent one but it does seems to appear on 20 ping and even 5 ping

Merchant Of Mirrors                                                                  

@GatoCommodore said:

@doxjq said:

i dont have a permanent one but it does seems to appear on 20 ping and even 5 ping

Sorry when I say permanent I mean it's there every game - Not that it's there 100% of the time.

It comes and goes. It flashes on for 1-2 seconds every 5 seconds or so, but it's just non stop all game every game, regardless of server.

Getting really frustrating. Literally can't even play DB right now because every time the symbol comes up my character teleports up to 20 metres away and then all of a sudden I'm facing the wrong direction looking directly at a wall.

• bushygbushyg Posts: 209

The AUS stopwatch servers in particular have been performing terribly lately. The red ping indicator along with desync and server lag are a common occurrence. The Objective servers are suffering the same fate, just not as bad, it seems.
    Reloads are constantly doing nothing and throw-able items are cancelling even after the animation is complete, with full cooldown, along with abilities getting stuck (Phoenix's pulse heal being stuck in animation and health/ammo packs emptying out after 1 button push).

Pretty frustrating to play on and I'm not sure how many of these issues come down to the weapon swap fix that is hopefully being worked on at the moment, but it would be nice to see a fix in the near future.

Even had a game where I witnessed my Turret do nothing as enemies passed by, directly infront of it.

• stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 439Administrator, Moderator, Developer

Thanks for dropping all of the info here guys! How have the servers been since the Shell Shock update went live?

• BlackboltLWBlackboltLW Posts: 567

@stayfreshshoe said:
    Thanks for dropping all of the info here guys! How have the servers been since the Shell Shock update went live?

Some Asia server went 200 yesterday, but it works fine right now I guess

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,555

That's weird, any possibility it has to due with the connection or configs yall use?

Is there anything leading up to these bugs occurring cause I have not had this happen to me, ever. So I'm trying to figure out what the catalyst could possibly be.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • MelinderMelinder Posts: 541
    edited July 12

@stayfreshshoe said:

Still the same as they were 2-3 weeks ago i'm afraid.

(2 + 2) - 1 = 3

Quick Maths

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 873

@Melinder said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Still the same as they were 2-3 weeks ago i'm afraid.

I stopped caring about ping a month ago. Lagging almost feels natural now.

• azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 62

@BlackboltLW said:
    Some Asia server went 200 yesterday, but it works fine right now I guess

I can confirm this, the server ping goes above 200ms ping that last for like 2 minutes for most of players, only happen to me once yesterday and once today.

• n-xn-x Posts: 670

@stayfreshshoe The performance of the game decreased significantly for me after the update. The game itself feels not smooth at all and the yellow and red bad-connection-icons flash as often maybe even more often than before the update. Nothing has changed on my end. My location is Germany.