Nader is next.

RiberoRibero Posts: 151
edited April 2015 in Mercenary Discussion

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quake-wars-dev-s-next-shooter-adds-new-mode-map-an/1100-6426766/

-

Also news on Execution.

Execution is Dirty Bomb's take on the classic "bombing run" game mode, with a series of attacking and defending rounds and one life per player. It's a fairly familiar ruleset for shooter players, but when you add in our Merc synergy and energetic action, it really feels like something different… suddenly a single Merc ability use can change an entire round, be it a timely revive on Proxy or Bushwhacker, a Heartbeat Sensor that reveals an enemy rush to a particular bombsite, or an Airstrike that wipes out an entire enemy team. Add the ability to swap Mercs in between rounds to counter the enemy's strategy, and it really makes for an interesting tactical battle outside of the moment-to-moment gameplay.

Hype.

Comments

• ReddeadcapReddeadcap Posts: 1,297
    Execution mode and the somewhat mentioned previously Team Deathmatch modes dont really feel fitting for dirty bomb, considering how abilities can lay waste to an entire team.
  • RiberoRibero Posts: 151
    edited April 2015
    They say it's like "Bombing Run".

That to me means the mode from UT, with the Bomb, Goals, Passing, and Scoring etc.

For some reason what the article describes makes me think more of what CS has, or "Seek and Destroy" (I think it's called) in the COD Franchise.*

(*Yes I'm sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don't know an earlier example.)
    Kovacs wrote: »

That to me means the mode from UT, with the Bomb, Goals, Passing, and Scoring etc.

For some reason what the article describes makes me think more of what CS has, or "Seek and Destroy" (I think it's called) in the COD Franchise.*

(*Yes I'm sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don't know an earlier example.)
    was that the one with the large hoop where players had to pass that ball thing to each other?
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,187
    cant make the roll call video work : (
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • RiberoRibero Posts: 151
    edited April 2015
    Redcap wrote: »

was that the one with the large hoop where players had to pass that ball thing to each other?

Yes, that fantastic game mode (Which Uplink on COD:AW is trying to bring back, it seems.)
    Szakalot wrote: »

It basically says "Spam nades"
  • HumbugHumbug Posts: 301
    this mode sounds awesome!!
  • EoxEox FrancePosts: 2,996Moderator
    I'll certainly hate that new gamemode (it's just that "one lives" gamemodes are clearly not my cup of team), however, I can't wait to try out Nader.
  • Guess im saving my credz for nader instead of fragger
    Explains that nader was a business lawyer before becoming a merc, her ability; the grenade launcher works like a grenade launcher in games like quake, they have a quick cooldown but cant befired at too close a range, her alt ability is to suicide bomb herself when she's down insta-gibbing players too close to her, promotes indirect fire and to try to use the martyrdom as a last resort when pushing in.

Then explains how to fight nader, she isn't good at longer ranges and for an assault she has a rather low hp for an assault at 100 at the moment, when the next lowest HP assault is Fragger, dont worry of going close and personally, count her grenades and finish her off right away or stay away when she's down.
  • Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    Great. Incoming spam non-stop on all DB servers now + suiciders. Can't wait (sarcasm).

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • ZenityZenity Posts: 438
    edited April 2015

Yes I think they mean the latter. In a way it makes sense... since it is a mode in which you run with a bomb. ;)

A round based mode with a ton of spam that can wipe you out instantly out of nowhere... I think that's a first? It's not something I would intuitively expect to work, but I am really looking forward to trying this out. If the rounds are fast enough (and I expect they will be, given the nature of the game), then the occasional spam death may not be such a big deal, and it could be a pretty exciting mode.

If nothing else, this is definitely going to be a new experience...
    Thanks everyone for explanations, managed to see it in the end : )

There will be more spam, but one more nader means one less proxy or arty, so in the end the average spammage won't be that much crazier.

At least mines and healing stations will be all blown up with ease.
    First!

• HumbugHumbug Posts: 301
    Zenity wrote: »

Yes I think they mean the latter. In a way it makes sense... since it is a mode in which you run with a bomb. ;)

A round based mode with a ton of spam that can wipe you out instantly out of nowhere... I think that's a first? It's not something I would intuitively expect to work, but I am really looking forward to trying this out. If the rounds are fast enough (and I expect they will be, given the nature of the game), then the occasional spam death may not be such a big deal, and it could be a pretty exciting mode.

If nothing else, this is definitely going to be a new experience...

sounds 1000 times better than what we currently have to me
  • B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,010
    "Elite Cases (which contain higher rarity Loadout Cards)"
    Urrrrrrrghhhhh ! I'm gonna vomit if those are not gold copies. Massive P2W issue here...
  • ZenityZenity Posts: 438
    B. Montiel wrote: »
    "Elite Cases (which contain higher rarity Loadout Cards)"
    Urrrrrrrghhhhh ! I'm gonna vomit if those are not gold copies. Massive P2W issue here...

Well first things first, current crates drop mostly Lead so I expect there will be some crates which drop Bronze as minimum or something like that. There definitely need to be more crates with more interesting contents, and they just need to continue the path of keeping power decoupled from rarity.
  • einstyleeinstyle Posts: 273
    the real question here is: will Bushwhacker remain 50k? will Nader ship at 75k? I'm stoked to find out
  • GaspolineGaspoline Posts: 46
    awwyisss, always loved nader. hopefully not too much has changed with her though
  • Look at 22-23 seconds of nader role call. Does Vasili have this kind of weapon? It looks like m4 or somthing like that.
    Look at 22-23 seconds of nader role call. Does Vasili have this kind of weapon? It looks like m4 or somthing like that.

I think its the auto-sniper: PDP-70
    First!

• unbleachedCoconutunbleachedCoconut Posts: 22
    edited April 2015
    Look at 22-23 seconds of nader role call. Does Vasili have this kind of weapon? It looks like m4 or somthing like that.

with reflex sight? No way. All of Vasili's weapons (at least primary) have sniper scope. It's MP-400. now i see it.
  • god1god1 Posts: 363
    edited April 2015
    the real question here is: will Bushwhacker remain 50k? will Nader ship at 75k? I'm stoked to find out
    They said something about every new merc being more expensive than the 30k priced "core" mercs in a stream just recently. They also said that they may drop the prices some time in the future which probably means that it doesn't happen until the game is on life support.
  • B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,010
    edited April 2015
    god1 wrote: »
    They said something about every new merc being more expensive than the 30k priced "core" mercs in a stream just recently. They also said that they may drop the prices some time in the future which probably means that it doesn't happen until the game is on life support.
    On that one, I guess they are just following the original strategy of League of Legends. Once they will have added enough characters to the game, they will inevitably reduce the pricing on some characters to add them to the "core" merc pool. I guess they've have fixed a fraction of the total number of mercs, like 1/3 of the mercs will be at 30K credits every time. But they will have to work on totally new merc additions quite soon then...

As far as I can remember, if they follow a regular rhythm on releasing mercs, all the mercs available in the last non-steam betas (Nader, Phoenix, Stoker, Rhino, Fletcher, Red-Eye, Thunder) will be there in 3-4 months.

By the way, they still do not talk about a proper release in this interview. I really hope they are planning to do it before this summer...
  • Something tells me Nader is nadespam the pants off Fragger all day every day when she comes out of hiding.
  • mOistmOist Posts: 201
    Can't wait to try nader out she looks great , made a wallpaper in anticipation - http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/5384/nader-wallpaper#latest
  • RyuKaiserRyuKaiser Posts: 35
    With this release schedule, I don't think I'll be able to afford every merc when they come out, at least with in-game credits. I was under the assumption every merc would come out in a month or so, since it takes a month of dailies just to get 50k.

Given that Bush came out on the 9th, and it's the 21st. That's a new merc every 2 weeks. While usually I'd be hyped for that, being unable to have the chance to properly grind for it off Dailies like I do in Heroes of the storm kinda chafes me in the wrong way.
  • Milky MacMilky Mac Posts: 40

with reflex sight? No way. All of Vasili's weapons (at least primary) have sniper scope. It's MP-400. now i see it.

Its his sidearm bud the machine pistol MP400.
  • mOistmOist Posts: 201
    @CeciliaCain sadly atm dailys don't even reward the credits the claim they do.
  • CCP115CCP115 Posts: 1,426
    Never in my entire gaming lifetime have I ever heard the term "Bombing run" except in Sniper Elite V2, in which it made perfect sense.
  • riptideriptide Posts: 117
    Never in my entire gaming lifetime have I ever heard the term "Bombing run" except in Sniper Elite V2, in which it made perfect sense.

It was actually a game mode in Unreal tournament 2004. It was also nothing like execution mode will be.
  • DiositoDiosito Posts: 293
    edited April 2015
    <3 Nader <3

I have 90k credits to spend on her :p

Y'all gonna hate me o:)

Abbadon
    Abaddon