Planned Forum Maintenance - 24th May 2018

We will be doing maintenance on 24th May 2018. The forums will be read-only until the maintenance is finished.

List all your frustrations with current Dirty Bomb

BooryDarthNaderBooryDarthNader Posts: 643
edited May 15 in General Chat

I just want a list so I can see what infuriates people so I can make a final comic before quitting for a while

bullet points appreciated

I don't actively play DB anymore but I visit these forums every once in a while. Subject to change

Comments

• XernyXerny Posts: 76

Tryhards in non ranked matches (Sure every competitive game is infested by those types of players but honestly, those guys are one of the many banes of every FPS.)

Lvl 1-3 Skybro/Aura being lost in spawn (It's probably the most aggrivating thing i've ever seen.)

Trash talkers in any match (People that say "F**k you" or other crap when they get killed by someone.)

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,208
    • Too many explosives
    • Too many explosives classes
    • Explosives are too powerful
    • No way to play with friends without manually server browsing and praying you join fast enough
    • Impossible to guarantee playing on the same team with friends
    • 7v7 exists
    • Playerbase is too scattered between varying modes and team sizes
    • Stopwatch is slow and bad and should be 2 rounds of objective as mentioned
    • 5v5 or 6v6 FF on should be the only mode(s) that exist and should exist in Ranked
  • Mr.CuddlesworthMr.Cuddlesworth Posts: 386

Those who want to nerf explosives

Those who want to nerf shotguns

Those who want to nerf melee

Those who want to keep changing maps

Those who throw ranked matches

No more 8vs8

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,344
    • MP nerfs.
    • Phantom rework
    • Constant complaints

MakeMachinePistolsGoodAgain

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,744
    • people who tap out before I can revive them
    • people who keep dodging ammo/medpacks
    • when your airstrike marker lands under a weird piece of geometry and doesn't go off
    • when any support merc doesn't help their team
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,413
    edited May 15

Miss murder isnt a comunity manager any more
    Raz isnt a comunity manager any more
    Crap join replaced cmm
    Terminal sucks

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,125
    edited May 15
    • @$!# servers to the point no one care anymore (bad ping, bad tick rate, tons of warps because they never restart them)
    • Goddamn EV collisions
    • Explosive spam
    • Unbalance between mercs "types" (Light / Medium / Heavy) in favour of 110 hp and above mercs
    • People who beg for funnel maps and also pissed on old Dome
    • Kids that troll and get me mad on the AIE server to the point I finally ban them after multiple warns and a kick because they don't respect anything
    edited May 15

@B_Montiel said:

Sorry man, old Dome was an easy attacker roll on all modes (5v5 Ranked - 8v8 Casual) after Obj 1. It had to change. I can't actually remember a single game I lost when attacking that map after winning Obj 1. The game basically ended in under 5 minutes after that, every time.

• B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,125
    edited May 15

@bgyoshi said:

@B_Montiel said:

Sorry man, old Dome was an easy attacker roll on all modes (5v5 Ranked - 8v8 Casual) after Obj 1. It had to change. I can't actually remember a single game I lost when attacking that map after winning Obj 1. The game basically ended in under 5 minutes after that, every time.

It's not the map itself I miss, more the idea it held of what a dirty bomb map could be. All objectives were crap indeed, but making a broad map with large different routes was something they never really put in place again in newer maps. Even Vault is a massive funnel (hold the objective and you're set there).

In my view, all the maps we currently have promote TDM style playing, which is not what dirty bomb should do.

edited May 15

@B_Montiel said:
    In my view, all the maps we currently have promote TDM style playing, which is not what dirty bomb should do.

A fair point, but in all honesty I found that the very fact that it being a broad map with large different routes was why it was so easy to win as attackers. It just wasn't possible to cover all routes at once so any concerted attacker effort to push any single route as a team resulted in an easy win. The fact that it was funnelled down made it possible to defend.

DB just isn't a game for big open maps and lots of different routes. It's too reliant on kill advantage to allow that kind of play.

• ThePigVomitThePigVomit Posts: 380

I can't polish my ugly weapon skins.

• HadronZodiacHadronZodiac Posts: 326

I literally wrote an entire essay, want me to paste it here?

• BooryDarthNaderBooryDarthNader Posts: 643

@HadronZodiac Sure, in bullet points

I don't actively play DB anymore but I visit these forums every once in a while. Subject to change

• Begin2018Begin2018 Posts: 194
    edited May 22
    • Phantom
    • Javelin
    • Vote shuffle
    • Vote restart

This need to be removed from game.

Post edited by Begin2018 on
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,250
    edited May 18
    • no autoshuffle after lobby (despite overwhelming support in Shoe’s poll)
    • when a 6v6 server is shuffled into a 7v5
    • EV collision and lag
    • Stopwatch commander switches sides during the ‚briefing’
    • 5v5 servers with no respawn queue implemented - nothing feels better than 3/4v59! those
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 671
    • explosives > gun play
    • one shot kills (snipers, shot guns)
    • shields, flash bangs and invisible Phantom destroying the flow and speed of the game
    • no medic no engi meta
    • EV multi repairs
    • people destroying generators with C4 instead of explosives
    • 3+ recons per team
    • SD still thinking in-game toxicity is unrelated to their bad design decisions
    • SD's apparent lack of vision, creativity and quality assurance concerning match making

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• Match balance complaints

Just tacking that directly onto my list again

• CyberVonCyberusCyberVonCyberus Posts: 221
    • Horrendous servers quality (my connection is absolute crap but I don't lag nearly as much in other games)

• Loadout cards lootboxes (just bad bussiness, mate. The odds to get what you want are terrible, even the Ivara farm in Warframe has less RNG involved)

• Some recent mercs having no clear roles and being weird badly designed hybrids with no ability synergy coughGuardian cough

• SD taking years to add basic features such as matchmaking and somehow @$!# it up, while other studios of comparable size do better

• Phantom becoming Noob bait merc V2

• Unreasonable nerfs on what shouldn't be nerfed (the recent BR nerf was bullshit)

• SD not communicating with its community

• SD lack of transparency

• SD not knowing what it wants to do with its game anymore

• SD literally removing features they took 3 bloody years to make without a warning

• SD obvious lack of love for its game nowadays

• SD messing up most updates as if it wants to slowly choke out its game...

• JShug07JShug07 Posts: 41
    1. Balance
    2. That's it
  • -OCB-Wildcard-OCB-Wildcard Posts: 295
    edited May 19

@Lord_Coctus said:
    This one's a stupid one but still bothers me.

• Guardian wasn't able to have a cool reveal trailer but Hunter was.

I believe this ties into many people's issues with where they are inconsistent in their design choices.

As for me I'd say my biggest gripes are:

• Players who don't seem to understand the concept of sprinting
      It's not a complicated concept and most PC games that use a WASD movement system handle it the same way; Shift makes you move faster, this shouldn't require explanation unless you're seriously that mentally inept.

• People asking for Ammo or a Medic only to avoid every Ammo or Med Pack thrown at them
      This includes the ones who call for a Medic to get revived only to tap out; potentially getting the Medic long-spawned in the process.

• Players who completely ignore any constructive commentary given
      This encompasses, among other things, the players who end up being one of those three (3) redundant recons. These are the same players who, even when asked to swap, won't even respond with a reason if they refuse to swap Mercs; it also includes the ones who mindlessly charge into death and then blame you for their mistake, despite repeated warnings and call-outs of enemy positions.

• Players who absolutely refuse to do their Merc's role without any explanation given
      I'm not against having fun or goofing off, on the contrary, but it isn't unreasonable to ask for fair warning from the players in question either; it helps immensely to know ahead of time that the player can't be relied on to do specific tasks so that they can be compensated for in the team composition.

• Players who take casual matches far too seriously and attempt to kick players over it
      This shouldn't require much explanation, given the previous bullet point, but I digress. I have nothing against having fun but the people who abuse the Kick System over trivial things such as this really just piss me off.

• Players who abuse the shuffle system
      Similar issue to the prior bullet point; however this encompasses the ones who save a shuffle til the absolute last second, among other similar instances, and generally just abuse the system out of spite.

• The shuffle system overall
      I believe I've said this so many times that I'll avoid a long-winded explanation. The current Shuffle System is a barely functional, bare-bones, anemic mess; one that seldom improves or even alters the balance of the match to any positive benefit without excessive use (often requiring multiple shuffles to have any impact).

Post edited by -OCB-Wildcard on
  • HadronZodiacHadronZodiac Posts: 326

A - Stop overnerfing things, want some examples?
    Stark
    Br16
    Dreiss
    PDP
    Grand
    Dreiss
    Phantom
    Guardian (@$!# to begin with tbh)
    Fragger
    Mp400
    MP's in general

B - Make things people actually want to buy (gj on the weapon skins)

No one wants to spend 8 dollars on a crate expecting at least a gold, and they get a silver vasilli..............

C - Make leveling up actually worth my time

I expect at least a prime case or rads

Not a god damn bronze card

D - Any plans on making balance a thing?

Proxy nuke pancakes
    Vasilli rhinos
    Alahuahkbar Nader
    Proxy in general tbh

not ok ^

E - Purge the bugs.......

I get that new updates mean more bugs, so truly eradicating is impossible, but lets be serious

We've had the ev bug for so long
    We've had the chrome (distorted) mercs for so long
    We've had the chrome (distorted) weapons for so long
    We've had the slenderman bug for so long

Actually do something

F - Remember when you guys were getting in trouble by the government for what evs for the gambling? (I live in america so idk)

And they did what to fix that?

G - Stop thinking things are worth more than they actually are

Value is based on amount and presentation
    A cobalt is seen as amazing because it is presented as the best and very hard to get
    SE cards are seen as pretty, limited time, hard to get, and shown as best

yet, heres the thing.

50k credits, and 20k fragments for a cobalt? come on........

The new crappy loadout cases are 5k, for an almost 100% chance of a bronze (every time i get a bronze so idc anymore)

Now that there are no leads, it means the value of the bronze has gone down as well. So why make it cost 5k?

H - Make up your mind about phantom!

First he's a basic run around and kill
    Then he gets nerfed into a potatoe
    Then he comes with this new emp
    Then he comes with an emp burst and a SUPER visible cloak

Many people are just saying remove him, and tbh Im kinda with that....

I - Can i ask how this got past you guys?

Hunter's arrow literally gets caught on everything, walls, floors, accessories to the map, etc...........................

I got more comin............

• MuddyGrenadeMuddyGrenade Posts: 439
    • Little to no lore recently (at least give all the mercs names, DOBs, and birth locations like you did Phantom and Hunter)
    • Bugs that should never slip through, slip through
    • Drop-and-pop Proxy

Honestly, the lore bites are the things that I want the most. It baffles me that this Top Tier (apparently) London company is so busy designing Obsidians for mercs that already have Obsidians (seriously, give Sparks a f*cking Obsidian, not Skyhammer and definitely not Proxy), that they can't take an intern and say, "Sit down and start giving the mercs names and DOBs."

• LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 2,070
    edited May 20

@MuddyGrenade said:

• Little to no lore recently (at least give all the mercs names, DOBs, and birth locations like you did Phantom and Hunter)

Prob cause Pinflux left the company. We also never got back the nexon-era map/merc profiles.

Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,892
    • Net-code
    • Audio
    • GPU chokes due to net-code processing
    • EAC... they are so schitt, everytime DB makes an update, Win10 crashes
  • XernyXerny Posts: 76
    • People that say Guardian's sky shield should block Kira's laser.
    • The game's geometry.
    • Shotguns.
    • Nader's that constantly waste their nades at a chockpoint.
    • People that are at the bottom of the scoreboard calling everyone bad.
  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,538

@bgyoshi said:

@B_Montiel said:

A fair point, but in all honesty I found that the very fact that it being a broad map with large different routes was why it was so easy to win as attackers. It just wasn't possible to cover all routes at once so any concerted attacker effort to push any single route as a team resulted in an easy win. The fact that it was funnelled down made it possible to defend.

DB just isn't a game for big open maps and lots of different routes. It's too reliant on kill advantage to allow that kind of play.

Wasn't easy to cover routes? More like everyone wants to pew pew so they all ran to the route where the action was and people would leave it open for ninja delivery and would rage and blame the map for their own failure.

• Sefuh_FRSefuh_FR Posts: 52
    • Shotgun headshot multiplier removal : 2X was too much...but headshots should always been rewarded...just balance dmg/hs multiplier
    • MP400 nerf : There was no reason to nerf it....
    • The lack of visual effects from explosion / shoots etc...DB isn't really appealing...
    • Hybrid mercs aren't worth it ( Guardian / Javelin ) : The sky shield doesn't last enough time...
    • People only playing Assault / Snipers
    • Proxys going "Allah ahkbar" style with their mines
    • Can't QuickJoin with friends anymore : it won't help DB gain popularity...
    • The entire circlejerk about aimpunch...
    • People whining about how SD is incompetent / is turning this game into @$!# / are bad dev /etc without explaining why...
    • Stopwatch games are way too long for being competitive.
    • The visual of most of the maps being dull.
  • teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 671
    • The broken voice chat that makes most players sound too quiet to understand.
    • The lack of an option to hear for yourself how quiet you sound in the voice chat
    • The lack of an option to increase the microphone volume of your voice chat

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,755Special Editor

@BooryDarthNader said:
    @HadronZodiac Sure, in bullet points

NO! THAT WAS A MISTAKE! :c

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.