Planned Forum Maintenance - 24th May 2018

We will be doing maintenance on 24th May 2018. The forums will be read-only until the maintenance is finished.

DB crashes 50% of the time a match ends

STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,745

DB has always crashed a lot on me, but this one is new, and it happens constantly. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
Especially annoying now that we get bonuses for staying after the match, but whatever..

Comments

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,388

i get these crashes since i turn on the Dx11 beta thingy

Hammock - Oh the Bliss (Reinterpretation) | Far Cry 5

• teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 671

I get them since the switch to 64 bit.

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• -OCB-Wildcard-OCB-Wildcard Posts: 295

@GatoCommodore said:
    i get these crashes since i turn on the Dx11 beta thingy

Weird, I stopped getting crashes when I launched it using the Dx11 beta, you have to select it via the steam front-end to get to it or it launches the older Dx9 version; however if I try to run it in Dx9 mode, by just launching it normally, with the preferred mode in my video settings being on Dx11 at the same time I crash after every match fairly consistently. They didn't make it very intuitive though I'll admit, for your default rendering mode to be Dx11 you can't use shortcuts or it launches with Dx9.

• henki000henki000 Posts: 458

No crashes since last summer ranked. But I can imagine, it's pretty bad if this kind of thing happens. Should be prioritised promptly.

Send ticket to support. Could be 100 reasons, why this occurs.

Look your crash reports/logs for more information:
    ...\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Logs

• PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 530

I got crashs too with DX11. Once when trying to join a server, other times at the end of a match, be it when returning to lobby or leaving it.

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,415

cant even get dx 11 to work on my pc
    restarted 20 times tried the -dx11 in properties i saw in the steam forums

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• x3mytizx3mytiz Posts: 128
    edited May 13

Courtesy of @Wo1ven

@henki000 said:

I doubt that's necessary. SD added a nifty crash reporter that automatically sends whatever information they need using the interwebs. Probably their database is already running out of space.

• FalC_16FalC_16 Posts: 933

Can confirm. I play DB since Jun 2015 and it never crashed. After turning on dx11 it crashes pretty much randomly.

• KiraysKirays Posts: 1,512Moderator
    edited May 13

The only issue I am experiencing is the game hanging when I alt-tab during the map loading using DX11, apart from that everything is running fine on my end. I suspect the crashes have something to do with Nvidia's broken drivers, I'm currently on 375.70 and it's all good there.

Post edited by Kirays on
    edited May 13

@teflonlove said:

@henki000 said:

I doubt that's necessary. SD added a nifty crash reporter that automatically sends whatever information they need using the interwebs. Probably their database is already running out of space.

This is the explanation for the lag in game. the same game servers host the database for the tickets. The high volume of crash reports are tying up system resources lol

@Kirays said:
    I suspect the crashes have something to do with Nvidia's broken drivers, I'm currently on 375.70 and it's all good there.

I'm on an ATI R260 (or something), so either their drivers are broken too or it is something else.

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,745

@Kirays said:
    The only issue I am experiencing is the game hanging when I alt-tab during the map loading using DX11, apart from that everything is running fine on my end. I suspect the crashes have something to do with Nvidia's broken drivers, I'm currently on 375.70 and it's all good there.

DB has always freaked out whenever I tried to alt-tab, but maybe I'll try updating nvidia's driver anyways. I was on 391.35, updating it to the latest one now. Worth a try at least, lol

A few months ago I was experiencing heavy fps drops after a few alt-tabs across all games. I couldn't figure out the reason for the life of me, it was driving me nuts. Initially I thought the windows fall creators update was causing the issue since that's when it started, however it turned out the issue was caused by the new drivers so instead of updating you should try the exact opposite, downgrade. :)

@Kirays said:
    A few months ago I was experiencing heavy fps drops after a few alt-tabs across all games. I couldn't figure out the reason for the life of me, it was driving me nuts. Initially I thought the windows fall creators update was causing the issue since that's when it started, however it turned out the issue was caused by the new drivers so instead of updating you should try the exact opposite, downgrade. :)

Hmm, DB has always lagged after I alt-tabbed, but I'll try that once I can get in game.
    Only problem is some of my other games that don't play nice with the older drivers, lol

Still though, thanks for the tip!

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Kirays said:

Hmm, DB has always lagged after I alt-tabbed, but I'll try that once I can get in game.
    Only problem is some of my other games that don't play nice with the older drivers, lol

Still though, thanks for the tip!

Alt tab lags horribly for 5 seconds then smooths out

Setting in borderless windowed mode solved any alt-tabbing related issue i had.

That does have the negative downside of experiencing increased input lag, though.

@Kirays said:
    That does have the negative downside of experiencing increased input lag, though.

Mmmhh, I might try again without it then.

Not going dx 11 again. I tried the dx11 beta and the thing was not smooth in game. I left for a few hrs came back and thought i was banned becuase eac progress bar was red and told me acces denied. Luckily i was able to play after doing a verify game cache. I hope i wont have any issues logging in tonight

• stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 673Administrator, Moderator, Developer

Thanks for the reports. I've passed this thread on to the dev team to review.

Heard bacK! We're aware of the issue and we're hoping to fix it in our next main update

@stayfreshshoe said:
    Heard bacK! We're aware of the issue and we're hoping to fix it in our next main update

Which issue there multiple isues raised

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,755Special Editor

@stayfreshshoe said:

Could you clarify which issues? I would assume it's the constant crashing but there were a few shared here!

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

Just an update:

DB now seems to be crashing 50% of the time I start a match from the lobby as well.

yaaaaaaay

@Xenithos said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Could you clarify which issues? I would assume it's the constant crashing but there were a few shared here!

It is the game crashing issues which we'll be fixing in the next main update

Thanks for the constant updating Shoe! You're doing great!

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

@Xenithos said:

Shhhhh.... dont praise him he will dissapear again. Lol

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

Shhhhh.... dont praise him he will dissapear again. Lol

That's why I gotta tell him NOW! :wink: