Katana (Weebstick) Issues

The main reason i'm bringing this up is because of the frustration phantom has brought. I think one of the main reasons he's op is because of his weeb stick (which kira has as well, and since she's even faster she's just BS). Looking at stats, it has the highest damage output (of course), and the furthest reach). I think the range of it should be slightly reduced (about 10%), because with kira and katana = basically sniped by a melee. This also forces phantom to be more skillful, instead of whip out ya weebstick and just swing everywhere as you long jump towards your enemy. Finally, it should reduce movement speed by 5% (maybe even 7.5%), instead of the basic 2.5%, as such a heavy (and long ranged) melee should be harder to get to your target (plus since it has a much longer range than any other melee, it makes sense to balance it with slower movement speed). This will slightly nerf weeb-stick main kiras and phantoms by enough where it isn't just blade-central.

Comments

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

    the weeb stick already have reduced move speed, slower swing and hit reg.

    if nerfed further it would become useless because beckhill would outperform it by range and hitreg.

    Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
                                                                    
  • HadronZodiacHadronZodiac Posts: 131

    No.................

    reduced, as you mean 97.5%, same as every other melee except knives

    Slower swing doesnt really matter when you realize it has insane damage (and in the end still a higher dps)

    Hit reg has nothing to do here as its a massive hitbox unlike knife...

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

    @HadronZodiac said:
    No.................

    reduced, as you mean 97.5%, same as every other melee except knives

    Slower swing doesnt really matter when you realize it has insane damage (and in the end still a higher dps)

    Hit reg has nothing to do here as its a massive hitbox unlike knife...

    if there is a duel of 2 similar high skilled
    one is given a beckhill and one is given katana

    it would end on luck based swipes because these two weapon perform real good.

    instead of asking for katana to be nerfed, instead, ask stilletto to be buffed.

    Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
                                                                    
  • HadronZodiacHadronZodiac Posts: 131

    @GatoCommodore said:

    @HadronZodiac said:
    No.................

    reduced, as you mean 97.5%, same as every other melee except knives

    Slower swing doesnt really matter when you realize it has insane damage (and in the end still a higher dps)

    Hit reg has nothing to do here as its a massive hitbox unlike knife...

    if there is a duel of 2 similar high skilled
    one is given a beckhill and one is given katana

    it would end on luck based swipes because these two weapon perform real good.

    instead of asking for katana to be nerfed, instead, ask stilletto to be buffed.

    Katana will hit first (increased range), if they are both max hp, katana user can back up and outrange them again, this isnt about stats, its about gameplay.

    Also I agree the stiletto isn't that good.

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,317

    @HadronZodiac said:

    @GatoCommodore said:

    @HadronZodiac said:
    No.................

    reduced, as you mean 97.5%, same as every other melee except knives

    Slower swing doesnt really matter when you realize it has insane damage (and in the end still a higher dps)

    Hit reg has nothing to do here as its a massive hitbox unlike knife...

    if there is a duel of 2 similar high skilled
    one is given a beckhill and one is given katana

    it would end on luck based swipes because these two weapon perform real good.

    instead of asking for katana to be nerfed, instead, ask stilletto to be buffed.

    Katana will hit first (increased range), if they are both max hp, katana user can back up and outrange them again, this isnt about stats, its about gameplay.

    Also I agree the stiletto isn't that good.

    it could hit first but the katana is not as consistent as beckhill
    i have friends who loves to play aura beckhill and we got a youtuber who use beckhill phantom on 1st gen card

    Hope County Choir - Keep Your Rifle By Your Side
                                                                    
  • GireGire Posts: 73

    Lol Katana has the same capabilities with the Cricket Bat ( 1 shotting squishies, 2 shotting 120hps )
    I could just for the hell of it equip stilnotto with chopper for Phantom and 1 shot squishies and wreck 120hps.

Sign In or Register to comment.