Planned Forum Maintenance - 24th May 2018

We will be doing maintenance on 24th May 2018. The forums will be read-only until the maintenance is finished.

Update Delay and Login Rewards Event

stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 674Administrator, Moderator, Developer
edited February 20 in Announcements

Hey all!

As you may already be aware, we're unfortunately having to push back our next update by a week.

During our last round of testing we encountered a number of issues which prevent us from releasing it to you. These issues affect a number of areas including unreleased content and content you're currently enjoying, such as:

• Casual Matchmaking not correctly matching players
  • Some Proxy sound effects not playing
  • No notifications for Loadout Cases dropping at the end of matches

Fixing these issues and getting this update out to you as soon as possible is our number one priority. We're sorry for the delays this update has had so far, but we would much rather delay and fix these issues instead of releasing it and not meet your expectations.

To give you something else to look forward to over the weekend we're hosting a special log in event, where each day from Friday to Monday when you log in you'll get some goodies on us!

• Friday: 2,500 Fragments + One Hour Credit Booster
  • Saturday - 7 Day Ranked Booster + One Hour Credit Booster
  • Sunday - Loadout Case + One Hour Credit Booster
  • Monday - Weapon Case Key + One Hour Credit Booster

Rewards will be available from, and swap over at the times below:

• London (GMT): 09:30 Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th, Monday 26th
  • Los Angeles (PST): 01:30 Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th, Monday 26th
  • Sydney (AEST): 19:30 Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th, Monday 26th

Thank you for your patience. It is much appreciated while we work towards the next big update for you all to enjoy.
shoe.

Comments

• MelinderMelinder Posts: 738
    edited February 20

@stayfreshshoe said:

• Saturday - 7 Day Ranked Booster

Other rewards are fine, but I feel something more tangible than a Ranked Booster would be more appropriate, especially considering Ranked is rather lacking at this time.

Post edited by Melinder on

Eradicator of Chimps

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419

Wow saw this comming.

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• JigstrawJigstraw Posts: 32
    edited February 20

Would be nice if you could get the fix for proxy mines being broken for like the last 3 months into that update too, just saying. They're incredibly broken in that they can't be destroyed by other abilities like those found on Fletcher, Nader, Fragger, Javelin, Stoker, Skyhammer(airstrike marker), or, as a matter of fact, proxy (one proxy's mine won't chain react an enemy proxy's mine into detonating)

The fact that they aren't working as intended and you CAN NOT get rid of proxy mines without having a direct line of sight on them to shoot them makes them INCREDIBLY overpowered, because there are many places in all the different maps where it is literally impossible to destroy them without suffering damage even if you're perfectly aware of their presence and go out of your way to try to destroy them safely. Especially after the (completely unnecessary imo) range buff that made dropping mines at enemies feet and immediately shooting them even more rewarding and prominent due to their blast radius being larger than LITERALLY ANY OTHER EXPLOSIVE IN THE GAME THAT ISN'T DROPPED FROM A @$!# PLANE.

• Thanks for the heads up and the freebies.

Keeping on keeping on.

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,212
    edited February 20

Take your time, I'd rather the update be correct and late instead of on time and incorrect.

• arharr3arharr3 Posts: 74

No notifications for Loadout Cases dropping at the end of matches

You sure the problem isnt that loadout cases are just so rare you never see them anyway? While I do understand this system was meant to help new players getting faster on track with the visual upgrades , it absolutely fails in allowing them to alter their playstyle.
    Its pure RnG hell for them to get a card for a merc they even own. That might have been the same with the old system , but atleast than you got a steady supply of cases which greatly increased your chances of getting something useful.
    Theres really no reason not to increase the dropchance, nobody here suddenly got a credit machine to pump out hundreds of cobalts.

• @arharr3 said:

You sure the problem isnt that loadout cases are just so rare you never see them anyway? While I do understand this system was meant to help new players getting faster on track with the visual upgrades , it absolutely fails in allowing them to alter their playstyle.
    Its pure RnG hell for them to get a card for a merc they even own. That might have been the same with the old system , but atleast than you got a steady supply of cases which greatly increased your chances of getting something useful.
    Theres really no reason not to increase the dropchance, nobody here suddenly got a credit machine to pump out hundreds of cobalts.

Your argument is null. Every single bronze loadout is available in the store by using credits or cash.

The only thing drops do is make it cheaper w/RNG as a modifier.

@ThePigVomit said:

@arharr3 said:

Your argument is null. Every single bronze loadout is available in the store by using credits or cash.

Yes, because newbs have nothing else to spend their credits on.
    And because crafting is such a fun concept that nobody minds paying 5k credits for 130 fragments.
    /s

@ThePigVomit said:

@arharr3 said:

Yes, because newbs dont have anything else to spend their money on, especially since they have already used every weapon in the game and can tell what they like and what not.
    And because crafting is such a fun concept that nobody mind paying 5k credits for 130 fragments.
    /s

• arktiarkti Posts: 17

Saturday - 7 Day Ranked Booster + One Hour Credit Booster

But ranked is dead :(

• teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 671

@arkti said:
    But ranked is dead :(

Naw, it just smells funny. If you queue at around 19:00 o'clock you have a good chance to find a match with insane skill spread and a random result.

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,388

more time to get credits i guess...

Hammock - Oh the Bliss (Reinterpretation) | Far Cry 5

• its another BORING Weekends again...no special event.

• @stayfreshshoe said:

Im sry but matchmaking is correctly matching players currently? I was just in a match that finished in under 5min cuz we rickrolled the other team. I wouldnt call that a proper match nor a balanced one.

• @Darkwolf3802 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Im sry but matchmaking is correctly matching players currently? I was just in a match that finished in under 5min cuz we rickrolled the other team. I wouldnt call that a proper match nor a balanced one.

stopsandbaggingthen

• @ThePigVomit said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

stopsandbaggingthen

Im sry but what is that exactly?

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,758Special Editor

I think the 1 hour credit boosters are somewhat laughable, but the other rewards are definitely appreciated. Thanks for being so generous when faced with a delay! I really appreciate it! I haven't spent money on the game in a while, and having a 7 day ranked booster for whenever the next ranked credits weekend is will be AWESOME imo.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 119

@stayfreshshoe said:

Umm, can I get something other than Ranked Booster?
    I'd rather have a trinket, or maybe some crafting kits instead.

• @azz_abdr said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Umm, can I get something other than Ranked Booster?
    I'd rather have a trinket, or maybe some crafting kits instead.

At least there giving something. Most other companies would give nothing for a delay.

• azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 119

@Darkwolf3802 said:
    At least there giving something. Most other companies would give nothing for a delay.

Actually you are right, but I don't mind delayed update. Other game that I currently play that like to push update so fast, it's so fast they are just bringing new bugs each every update and bug fixes. I'd rather wait a little bit longer and get less bug.

• NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,534

B)

moop
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419

@stayfreshshoe while you at it can you fix the damn moltovs from dissapearing randomly its pissing me off

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• @Mc1412013 said:
    @stayfreshshoe while you at it can you fix the damn moltovs from dissapearing randomly its pissing me off

I thought that was an intended nerf...

• -OCB-Wildcard-OCB-Wildcard Posts: 295
    edited February 21

@ThePigVomit said:

@Mc1412013 said:

If invisible flames are a nerf I'd hate to see what a buff would do to it >:)

P.S. What is this... is it Opposite Day and I'm just completely unaware of it or something?

• @-OCB-Wildcard said:

@ThePigVomit said:

@Mc1412013 said:

If invisible flames are a nerf I'd hate to see what a buff would do to it >:)

P.S. What is this... is it Opposite Day and I'm just completely unaware of it or something?

I thought you were referring to , at times, a thtown Molly will 'misfire' and not produce any damage.

• teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 671

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Just because it's bad now doesn't mean SD can't make it even worse.

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• THIS is exactly what I've been asking for for months. Thank you so much @stayfreshshoe. Immensely appreciate the candor. Wow. What a time to be alive!

Too glam to give a damn.
    In game as Seebetterfromadistance.