[MERC]Sapper

Sapper
Class: Engineer
HP: 120
Speed: 400

Profile
Young and promissing engineer used to be the bomb squad specialist. Working on multiple cases his person and tallent attracted an attention of blaster maniac. Sapeer got trapped between saving his family and saving a lot of people. The choice was obvious: he ignored his orders and abandoned the squad. His exeptional work was not enough to success alone. Some miracle made him survive the explosion ... just to find out his squad did not success either without his tallent. Sapper promised this situation will never happen again. He designed a drone for remote disarm and than developed for multiple engineer pruposes. Some rumore say that...
standard variant
...maniac has fun of CDA buildings with Jakal organization. CDA could not refuse to have such specialist on a side after recent falures.
alternative variant
...recent falures made CDA hire the maniac. "Switching roles, huh? How ironic" - that's what Sapper said entering Jakal.

Advanced engineering device (AED)
Cooldown: 30 sec
Range: 1.5-2m

Sapper can deploy a drone and do all engineer works from distance. It takes 5 seconds to arm/disarm(repair works with speed of mechanic augment) and makes Sapper to control it during that (same thing like every engineer, but anywhere as long as drone is near objective).

Additionally drone can repair friendly deployables and disassemble enemy ones.

Superior engineer
Sapper can modify C4, add fakes to it (adds an extra graph) making enemy to remove it first and than go to actual disarm. He can also fortify armor of generators, doors and EV (same extra graph). That means he works 2-3 sec onto existing C4 to increace disarm time by same 2-3 sec. Ev, gen and doors get additional 20-40% health. If his modification(fortification) was taken out, he can put it again.

When he does the work himself it takes him 3 sec to arm (the modification appears automaticly), and 3 sec to disarm.

Weapons:
Primary: BR-16; Alternative: Hurtshall, M4;
Secondary: Caulden; Alternative: Selbstadt, M9
Melee: Bechill; Alternative: Stillnotto, Bat

Notes:

Utility: This is a real objective-focussed merc. Now you will expect that you may not have to touch 99% disarmed C4, but also meet 2 sec modification. Force you to break EV, generator, doors entirely otherwise he will fortify it again so you'll have to place extra arty strike on it instead of just couple bullets.
Damaged deployables can now recieve repair. Quite usefull when Turtle/Aura/Bush is dead, but you want to use Shield/HS/Turret yourself. Also it is alternative to reclaim-redeploy mechanic.

Counter to drone: Phantom EMP, Hunter EMP, Thunder EMP and Eyes+Bullets(i mean just kill it like you kill suicidal Proxy right?);

Possible mission and game mode:
Create mission where one objective is based on killing CDA/Jakal litenant (grab his key card or something). Game would suggest everyone to be the target and pick the one with higher score. That player will respawn as Sapper (may be with different skin aka Blaster maniac).

The game mode would be similiar to execution and... chess(lol?). Kill the "king" of enemy team and save yours. Or simply kill "king" of defender team and than swap roles after number rounds.

Comments

  • Ok first an engineer isnt supposed to have assault rifles as their primary weapons. Also that drone of his is op for obj and stopwatch. i mean come on 5 secs with the mechanic augment? thats way too fast and on top of that he can do it from a distance, there was another person who had a similar idea of arming and disarming c4 from a distance. im going to say the same thing i said to them and that is make the arming, disarming and repairing speed much slower than normal speed for other engineers. Also increase the cooldown of the drone. So basically when it comes to obj's its way too op.

    About the superior engineer passive ability, how about make it so that whenever sapper plants c4 the c4 that he plants will take 2-3 secs more to disarm. it seems a lot more practical than 'adding' fakes to it. As for the 20-40% increase in health for doors and EV's, idk if it will make such a huge difference. Honestly i dont think this ability is needed cause it probably wont serve any purpose.

    Also this says that sapper can repair deployables, again this is op. Imagine a rhino hiding with a healing station which is constantly being repaired or imagine a bushwhacker turret hiding in a corner which is again being repaired constantly. Players would despise of this ability. Well actually to judge this ability properly I'm going to need specifics on its repair speed.

  • @Demonic_Muff1n said:
    Ok first an engineer isnt supposed to have assault rifles as their primary weapons. Also that drone of his is op for obj and stopwatch. i mean come on 5 secs with the mechanic augment? thats way too fast and on top of that he can do it from a distance, there was another person who had a similar idea of arming and disarming c4 from a distance. im going to say the same thing i said to them and that is make the arming, disarming and repairing speed much slower than normal speed for other engineers. Also increase the cooldown of the drone. So basically when it comes to obj's its way too op.

    Engineer takes 3 sec to plant C4. What's wrong with drone getting it done in 5 sec? It is just like the non-engineer with mechanic augment and exactly as you say - slower than normal engineer. I doubt having your drone near guarded objective for 8 seconds while it would be obselite by manual plant on unguarded objective. So took the number between - non-engineer with mechanic augment 5/5 for arm/disarm.

    @Demonic_Muff1n said:
    About the superior engineer passive ability, how about make it so that whenever sapper plants c4 the c4 that he plants will take 2-3 secs more to disarm. it seems a lot more practical than 'adding' fakes to it. As for the 20-40% increase in health for doors and EV's, idk if it will make such a huge difference. Honestly i dont think this ability is needed cause it probably wont serve any purpose.

    That's what i meant basicly. He gets close to standard c4 and modify, by adding additional layer above disarm layer. This makes enemy to get rid of modification first and waste valuable time. This means if you didn't finish your disarm, Sapper will modify it again so next time you go for disarm you have to waste time again and get rid of modification and finish the disarm. This will let you to protect 99% disarmed c4 from insta-disarm by opponent; same for EV, generators, doors.

    @Demonic_Muff1n said:
    Also this says that sapper can repair deployables, again this is op. Imagine a rhino hiding with a healing station which is constantly being repaired or imagine a bushwhacker turret hiding in a corner which is again being repaired constantly. Players would despise of this ability. Well actually to judge this ability properly I'm going to need specifics on its repair speed.

    Aura HS has 80 hp, Bush turret ~120. Let's take 15-20 regen/sec for example. It won't save from original conter for Rhino nest - Rocket/Frag/Nade/Concuss assault, so as newly introduced EMP mechanic; may be Sticky bombs and Proxy mines will not work as well because drone will demote them as deployables, but nothing serious will happen exept one player not being Turtle/Bush with extra shield/turret and being some "aura for deployables" analogue.

    What it will do is the ability to repair damaged deployables in-between combat situations which is extremely usefull when you plan to use deployable, but the owner is dead or somewhere far away. It will repair existing deployable and let those mercs not to reclaim-replant= saving their ability for later.

    @Demonic_Muff1n said:
    Ok first an engineer isnt supposed to have assault rifles as their primary weapons.

    Lol. Why? The fact engineers didn't have these yet doesn't mean they are not supposed to have them. Medics have those with Guardian, Recons have one with Red eye. What's the problem than?

    I have no issue with other main weapons. I only suggested rifles to diversify Sapper from other engineers and took the opportunity to suggest him as merc who has BR-16 as default weapon.

Sign In or Register to comment.