What is your level

K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,718
edited February 12 in General Chat

of #Bravery

What is your level 59 votes

Below 40ms ping
28%
DeathiredruMfloW-OCB-WildcardFalC_16kopyrightNeotaxboerhaejooshoyeshawkeyeguy99GatoCommodorehenki000TepidJesusazz_abdrShenaynaysRokon2WulieValyrianKaos 17 votes
Below 80ms ping
33%
B_MontielEoxK1X455binderrGuziolPumpkillerDemolaman-xBestfinlandballXenithosteflonlovefrostyvampireBooryDarthNaderphobiaticWatchAsILeadBluesquid0630Steve_HarveyDa_MummyLegateHawkQuantumIdiot 20 votes
Below 120ms ping
23%
Mc1412013PtilouieverlovestruckLord_CoctusCryonicArrowSTARRYSOCKMuddyGrenadeBegin2018BBBadgerfryszopenSiwaonaDaphnewenReXenderTzArSplicerrrPinchiiy48~ 14 votes
Below 160ms ping
8%
NailTerminal_6FrogteamMisterBadminbgyoshi 5 votes
Below 200ms ping
3%
Dr_PlantbossMeerkats 2 votes
BELOW 240ms ping
1%
martha_smith 1 vote

Comments

• BELOW 240ms ping

you're noob , only 2 votes

• K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,718
    Below 80ms ping

I couldn't add a few more options:

• BELOW 280ms ping
    • BELOW 320ms ping

@martha_smith so where do you play

• SplicerrrSplicerrr Posts: 89
    edited February 12
    Below 120ms ping

Below 120 I can handle. I always play on NA servers with under atleast 100 ping. I can play on Europe West servers at 200 ping, with a few lag spikes here and there, but I just play objective or pocket med, when I spike up. I live in NA West, very few West servers.

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,439
    Below 120ms ping

DB usually places me in US East servers instead of West, so I always end up with around 100 ping. It's not that bad though, 140 is where I start to want to strangle my internet though

• jooshoyesjooshoyes Posts: 341
    Below 40ms ping

Never above 40, this game feels weird above 40, the hit reg just becomes awful.

edited February 12
    Below 80ms ping

I wish I can make footage of me playing at :

• London Match Server with 296~302ms ping
    • Amsterdam Match Server with 320+ms ping
    • Frankfurt Match Server with 318~332ms ping
    • Stockholm Match Server with 340+ms ping.

It shows how consistent my connection is, and how much rubber banding I make when I get killed around corners due to netcode inefficiency.

I'll try to show evidence of my gameplay one day.

Post edited by K1X455 on
  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,197
    Below 120ms ping

I only dare to play 120 ping when I have too

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,090
    edited February 13
    Below 120ms ping

East coast im 24 ping west coast its over 100> @bgyoshi said:

Post edited by Eox on

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,048
    Below 80ms ping

I'd say normal conditions to me are maximum 80. I've lived in a shared flat where I could not have less than 150ms during the evening, I know the pain you can endure under those circumstances. I don't want that no more :D...

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,197
    Below 120ms ping

I bet one of my golden Sparps that Elder Eox or Overlord Kirays will either close the thread or remove certain posts.

• n-xn-x Posts: 752
    edited February 13
    Below 80ms ping

@Lord_Coctus said:
    I bet one of my golden Sparps that Elder Eox or Overlord Kirays will either close the thread or remove certain posts.

Most probably. But seeing all of that one person's posts it was obvious that it sooner or later would go down this road.

edited February 13
    Below 80ms ping

I <3 you guys...

I'll probably make another poll as an extension of this one where 2 or 3 choices are not shown because of the limitation of the Poll function. As I was saying earlier, I played with a guy from East EU the other day who was brave enough to lock horns in one of the Stopwatch Australia servers with a ping of 368ms. The highest I can manage so far is 348ms from Stockholm Match servers in SW. This proves that there's something more beyond the latency you see in the scoreboard.

Anyway, as for mumbo jumbo, I leave you with this for now

EDIT:
    I'm asking for help to explain what actually goes on between game client and server and why the reported latency is approximately 55~60ms larger than what actual latency between ICMP echoes of similar packet sizes.

Post edited by K1X455 on
  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,501Special Editor
    edited February 13
    Below 80ms ping

If I can I play on Chicago with that sweet and juicy 23 ping that's rock-solid stable. Otherwise I get stuck in some strangely crappy NY servers or Calif. servers that though they CLAIM 46-68 ping or whatever they start fluctuating maybe half way through the game and I'll be at random 80 ping intervals or back down to 46. My biggest issue isn't even high ping in this game because If I connect to Amsterdam or Asia servers I usually don't have painful play issues, it's when the ping fluctuates constantly or server connections occur that I have problems.

Also, I'm honestly kinda proud of you @K1X455 For defending your honor.
    Edit: Also, he really can't take back his vote in the OP if that's what you're saying, and if he can I can't seem to. :/

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,117Moderator
    Below 80ms ping

@GatoCommodore said:

Eox pls dont come here

It's too late. I'm taking that @$!# down.

The drama, not the thread.

Below 80ms ping

Hi EOX,

Technical mumbo jumbo will be posted in this thread.

Hopefully, I can get SD to play Stopwatch in Australia >:) >:) >:)

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,107
    edited February 13

With my ISP, plus a mild storm, I could play a 5v5 ranked match with myself.

EDIT: What juicy drama had I just missed?

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,117Moderator
    Below 80ms ping

Finished cleaning up. I forgot a fuckton of content.

@AlbinMatt said:
    EDIT: What juicy drama had I just missed?

You missed nothing.

• Below 40ms ping

@Xenithos said:
    If I can I play on Chicago with that sweet and juicy 23 ping that's rock-solid stable. Otherwise I get stuck in some strangely crappy NY servers or Calif. servers that though they CLAIM 46-68 ping or whatever they start fluctuating maybe half way through the game and I'll be at random 80 ping intervals or back down to 46. My biggest issue isn't even high ping in this game because If I connect to Amsterdam or Asia servers I usually don't have painful play issues, it's when the ping fluctuates constantly or server connections occur that I have problems.

Also, I'm honestly kinda proud of you @K1X455 For defending your honor.
    Edit: Also, he really can't take back his vote in the OP if that's what you're saying, and if he can I can't seem to. :/

He was referring to the flag probably. Which you can actually take back by clicking it again.

Below 80ms ping

Oh, I hadn't even seen a flag being given, and if anyone deserved a flag it would have been one for each. :/ It's funny that I actually was around for once.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• Below 40ms ping

@Xenithos said:
    Oh, I hadn't even seen a flag being given, and if anyone deserved a flag it would have been one for each. :/ It's funny that I actually was around for once.

Yeah it was in some of the deleted posts, so it's probably why you missed it @Xenithos; so don't worry about it.

edited February 13
    Below 80ms ping

Uh, no: I read all of this yesterday before flags and things were removed. I saw everything. I don't think it was a flag, and if it was then I basically just glanced over it. Frequently it was called a vote, and we ARE in a poll so my brain just assumed on that portion of what was said.
    Edit: notice that my last comment said it's funny that I was around for once.

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 998
    Below 160ms ping

Aw my response was vaped

I only get matched into US servers so my ping is anywhere from <20 to 140 or so. I try to play on low ping servers but if there's only the opposite coast available, I'll play on them.

• -OCB-Wildcard-OCB-Wildcard Posts: 177
    edited February 13
    Below 40ms ping

@Xenithos said:
    Uh, no: I read all of this yesterday before flags and things were removed. I saw everything. I don't think it was a flag, and if it was then I basically just glanced over it. Frequently it was called a vote, and we ARE in a poll so my brain just assumed on that portion of what was said.
    Edit: notice that my last comment said it's funny that I was around for once.

Oh I know you were around, I was too, I think we're both running in circles here though. xD

That aside, this is the DB forums; conventional logic seldom applies here. This is pretty much why I said we're running in circles; we'll never really know what they meant unless they clear it up, which is pretty much unnecessary. But I've made my snarky remark, for the moment, so I'll leave it there. :p

edited February 14
    Below 80ms ping

Technical Jumbo Mumbo (unconfirmed):

TLDR:

VPN tunneling improves latencies by removing "certain" hops that can cut down pings from 80 to 150ms

My current point of investigation is:

Is Dirty Bomb worth the investment of subscribing to a VPN service?

• bushygbushyg Posts: 233

@K1X455 said:

It shows how consistent my connection is, and how much rubber banding I make when I get killed around corners due to netcode inefficiency.

I think you have netcode inefficiency confused with stupidity, of which you have an abundance. It's not bravery in any manner. Queuing in EU from AUS is idiotic at best and doesn't reward you some sort of hardcore gamer merit.

Below 80ms ping

@bushyg said:

@K1X455 said:

I think you have netcode inefficiency confused with stupidity, of which you have an abundance. It's not bravery in any manner. Queuing in EU from AUS is idiotic at best and doesn't reward you some sort of hardcore gamer merit.

You really have very little clue of what you're talking about. Of course, that's all I can expect of you. Petty insults of meager substance.

• Begin2018Begin2018 Posts: 102
    edited February 14
    Below 120ms ping

According to poll title, I'm level 90. Oddly, the choice list is for ping??!

Then my ping is 100-120ms because I have to go on Moscow servers to play Objective as they removed them in Europe-West :(

Post edited by Begin2018 on
  • Rokon2Rokon2 Posts: 74
    Below 40ms ping

I usually play around 15-20 ping.

• Dr_PlantbossDr_Plantboss Posts: 541
    edited February 16
    Below 200ms ping

Dirty Bomb handles <200 ping fairly well, without too much rubberbanding. I prefer to play on <80 if possible, but I'll take up to 200.

Other games can be different.