Changes to Ranked Season 4

MoobabesMoobabes Posts: 20Moderator, Developer

Hey everyone!

We're making some changes to Ranked Season 4. Have a read about the changes here and feel free to ask questions:

https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/changes-to-ranked-season-4/

Comments

  • n-xn-x Posts: 752

    I am sorry, but how is this going to change anything with ranked? How is this addressing the core problems ranked has?

  • ThePigVomitThePigVomit Posts: 287

    I'm cool w/ the weaps cases, as long as they're in the range of the loadout cards, points-wise.

    Dunno if I'm gonna fork 2k for a Nader though, the crotz is kind of a must on that or it's a non-starter for me.

  • nokiIInokiII Posts: 559

    @n-x said:
    I am sorry, but how is this going to change anything with ranked? How is this addressing the core problems ranked has?

    It doesn't apart from maybe injecting 5 more people into the playerbase for a short amount of time while they grind a bit of ranked points.

    nerf snippers.
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,091

    Yay finaly something other than a colbalt for nader shes one few mercs i have no special cards for

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 507

    @n-x said:
    I am sorry, but how is this going to change anything with ranked?

    It at least removes two maps that are know to be easy to spawn camp, probably in the hope of reducing frustration for inexperienced players.

    How is this addressing the core problems ranked has?

    It doesn't and, to be fair, it doesn't claim to. Though some changes in that direction sure would have be nice. :disappointed:

  • SplicerrrSplicerrr Posts: 89

    Increase the amount of points given after ranked games and more store items. Increasing the points granted would increase ranked play in every region. More store items would also encourage more players to KEEP playing ranked. Since some players just get the skins they want and stop playing afterward. The weapon cases seem like a cool addition but I don't think its enough to keep players playing. I actually mentioned this in a feedback email to support and said they would show this to devs. Also javelin will be in ranked, and it will just piss people off when they fire the rpg lul. One idea I had was awarding prime cases to players. For example lets say a player on the winning team did exceptionally well with skyhammmer and at the end of the game he would have a small chance of dropping a prime case for skyhammer. NA ranked is basically dead half the time, and when you find a game the opposing team is either really bad or a higher rank than you.

  • How is this going to allow me to play ranked matches when none exist? Nobody waits more then 5min for a que and as it stands its 30+ for a ranked match, IF your lucky. Ontop of that its IMPOSSIBLE to obtain ranked cards and accessories due to being unable to obtain ranked points due to mentioned problem above.

    Ranked needs to be changed so ppl play the mode and rewards are obtainable via ranked and some other method and tbh all prior ranked rewards returned to the shop so ppl who wanted the items but couldnt get them due to being unable to play ranked have a chance to get them. Ive qued over 15 times for a ranked match and have only gotten 2 matches and due to that I havent and cant qualify for a rank. My average que time being 30 min with the longest wait before I gave up being 60min. 60 min wasted trying to play ranked, thats unacceptable.

  • SplicerrrSplicerrr Posts: 89
    edited February 7

    @Darkwolf3802 said:
    How is this going to allow me to play ranked matches when none exist? Nobody waits more then 5min for a que and as it stands its 30+ for a ranked match, IF your lucky. Ontop of that its IMPOSSIBLE to obtain ranked cards and accessories due to being unable to obtain ranked points due to mentioned problem above.

    Ranked needs to be changed so ppl play the mode and rewards are obtainable via ranked and some other method and tbh all prior ranked rewards returned to the shop so ppl who wanted the items but couldnt get them due to being unable to play ranked have a chance to get them. Ive qued over 15 times for a ranked match and have only gotten 2 matches and due to that I havent and cant qualify for a rank. My average que time being 30 min with the longest wait before I gave up being 60min. 60 min wasted trying to play ranked, thats unacceptable.

    Yep, I've had to play over 15 games (almost all wins) to get 1 ranked case (including with the starting 600 ranked points they automatically give you) since I started the season a bit late. Getting the obsidian is basically impossible unless you play multiple matches a day, or you play one every single day until season ends, but nobody really has time to wait 10+ min.

  • @Splicerrr said:

    @Darkwolf3802 said:
    How is this going to allow me to play ranked matches when none exist? Nobody waits more then 5min for a que and as it stands its 30+ for a ranked match, IF your lucky. Ontop of that its IMPOSSIBLE to obtain ranked cards and accessories due to being unable to obtain ranked points due to mentioned problem above.

    Ranked needs to be changed so ppl play the mode and rewards are obtainable via ranked and some other method and tbh all prior ranked rewards returned to the shop so ppl who wanted the items but couldnt get them due to being unable to play ranked have a chance to get them. Ive qued over 15 times for a ranked match and have only gotten 2 matches and due to that I havent and cant qualify for a rank. My average que time being 30 min with the longest wait before I gave up being 60min. 60 min wasted trying to play ranked, thats unacceptable.

    Yep, I've had to play over 15 games (almost all wins) to get 1 ranked case (including with the starting 600 ranked points they automatically give you) since I started the season a bit late. Getting the obsidian is basically impossible unless you play multiple matches a day, or you play one every single day until season ends, but nobody really has time to wait 10+ min.

    I never got the 600 they auto give. Ive only done 2 games and am unranked cause u need 10 to rank. As ive said my average time is 30+ min in que and 60min is my highest wait. Ive given up after 30min. If u gota que that long then there arent any games going on. Lost 1 cause 2 ppl on my team RQ and won the other. I have 60 points right now and ur lucky if you get 1 ranked match a week. The devs need to make an alt way of obtaining these ranked items and give ppl such as us who havent been able to a chance to obtain them.

  • MoobabesMoobabes Posts: 20Moderator, Developer

    These changes aren't the be all and end all, certainly! We'll be sharing more changes going into this Ranked season as they're finalised.

  • MelinderMelinder Posts: 726
    edited February 7

    Putting limited time content into the Ranked Store is a terrible idea, especially considering Ranked and the Competitive Ruleset itself is so heavily flawed. Those who do want to grab the Nader Obsidian likely won't be able to because of how dead Ranked is.

    Ranked isn't dead because a lack of rewards or a lack of skins, it's dead because it's a @$!# mode. It's sad how little care SD have for Competitive and the Competitive ruleset despite their claim that DB is a game that thrives on it's competitive nature.

    Skins don't fix anything.

    Eradicator of Chimps

  • ThePigVomitThePigVomit Posts: 287

    Can't win if you don't play. Yeah, NA ranked match can be tough to find, but I can still often get a Euro match within 5 minutes. My ping to it sucks, but a bad ping match is better than no match.

    Is it ideal...no. But I'm sure they're doing what they can while still maintaining the integrity of the mode.

    Expecting a f2p game to keep GIVING you stuff is impractical. Get people you know and encounter to que up, you'll get a game faster that way.

  • @ThePigVomit said:
    Can't win if you don't play. Yeah, NA ranked match can be tough to find, but I can still often get a Euro match within 5 minutes. My ping to it sucks, but a bad ping match is better than no match.

    Is it ideal...no. But I'm sure they're doing what they can while still maintaining the integrity of the mode.

    Expecting a f2p game to keep GIVING you stuff is impractical. Get people you know and encounter to que up, you'll get a game faster that way.

    I cant get into any other server besides NA east

  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,508Special Editor

    I just wanna say something: This pleases me. It removes somewhat controversially painful maps, adds in a merc and extra rewards to encourage more playing even if it's sad that people are only going for Shinies.

    Thanks Splash Damage for also giving us heads up a FULL TWO WEEKS in advance. Love it, keep it coming.

    I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

  • bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 998

    @Xenithos said:
    I just wanna say something: This pleases me. It removes somewhat controversially painful maps, adds in a merc and extra rewards to encourage more playing even if it's sad that people are only going for Shinies.

    Thanks Splash Damage for also giving us heads up a FULL TWO WEEKS in advance. Love it, keep it coming.

    Honestly the best part of this announcement is the last sentence of the entire thing.

    It's great that they're changing some things, but until they make your ranking more heavily based on your individual performance and less on your team performance, these changes won't do a thing.

    People don't play because queue times are long
    Queue times are long because it's trying to match teams evenly
    Teams get matched unevenly because there's no other option due to the low population
    People don't play because quitters cause them to drop ranks
    Quitters quit because they're on a team of solo q silvers against a 5 man gold/cobalt+

    The following scenario must be allowed to happen.

    1. SIlver officer solo q gets stuck against golds/cobalts
    2. 2 players on their team leave due to this
    3. K/D stays relatively even despite the downturn
    4. Still playing their role well
    5. Loses match but stats are strong
    6. Gains progress to the next rank

    Until you can perform well in an imbalanced game and still rank up, people will not play Ranked. It's just not fun and doesn't encourage people to play when their Rank is based on that dude leaving the match.

    I think assigning people a visual amount of points per match would be better
    I think showing how many points you gain in a match at the end of the match would be better
    I think losing the match but performing well despite a 3v5 should still result in + points
    I think losing the match and performing poorly should still result in - points
    I think quitting the match should result in huge - points

    If the meta was the reason why people didn't play Ranked, this might be exciting news.
    But the meta isn't even 1/4 the problem.
    Underground isn't 1/10th of the problem
    Terminal isn't 1/20th of the problem
    Phantom isn't 1/100th of the problem

    Losing ranks from imbalanced matches is the problem.
    Crossing server regions and causing high ping is the problem

    I like that changes are being made, I just wish the changes were the ones we've been asking for since Ranked was called Competitive. So I'm hopeful for the coming announcements.

    Kudos for doing this 2 weeks out, definitely want to encourage more of that!

Sign In or Register to comment.