Planned Forum Maintenance - 24th May 2018

We will be doing maintenance on 24th May 2018. The forums will be read-only until the maintenance is finished.

Slap My Face Devs

I created an account just to make this point.

While it is about time you offer a pack to unlock all characters, how about giving that pack to anyone who has already spent a certain threshold of money in the game?

I have spent over $100 in the game and do not have all the characters and only 1 cobalt due to crap RNG. This feels like a slap in the face that all of the sudden now you offer a system that I could have spent half that in. Unlocking characters with in game currency is basically impossible unless you only play this game and play it A LOT!!!

Comments

• Maybe spend that $100 on the mercs rather than on cases?
    Also, unlocking characters doesn't take that long with in game currency, especially now.

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,761Special Editor

OP's username checks out.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• ShenaynaysShenaynays Posts: 246
    edited February 1

@TR_Kama said:
    SD are sorry FML

now for the big part, actually fixing the issue and trying to rebuild the trust that many people have lost.

A poorly executed or even underwhelming update is something people have gotten over, look at the ReV boosters, you needed 9/10 to actually get any increase for case drops. But I can see this having a much longer lasting effect

• NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,534
    edited February 2

I;m truly not sure here, which obsidians were re-released ?

edit: watched latest vid, now i see,

Post edited by Nail on
    moop
  • Begin2018Begin2018 Posts: 194

I think I got all mercs around level 35 and they were at 50k. Then I was able to buy new mercs day one.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,388

@Begin2018 said:
    I think I got all mercs around level 35 and they were at 50k. Then I was able to buy new mercs day one.

i have all the mercs on level 71

for ethical reasons (fletcher was very OP back then)

Hammock - Oh the Bliss (Reinterpretation) | Far Cry 5

• K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,892

@GatoCommodore said:

I still don't have rhino :o

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Rhino shotgun is less OP than Fletcher tho

• Begin2018Begin2018 Posts: 194
    edited February 3

Well, I spent all my credits to buy mercs, nothing else : No craft, no box, then it was really fast.

• Free2BuyFree2Buy Posts: 5

I agree you can unlock them if you grind out just this game for hours a day, but for a casual gamer like myself its insane. I also have bought quite a few. Just doesn't make me want to play to pay so much and have so little.

• @K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Took me a while to get Rhino

for ethical reasons
    (although, I do play Rhino when I'm feeling extra devilish)

@Free2Buy said:
    I agree you can unlock them if you grind out just this game for hours a day, but for a casual gamer like myself its insane. I also have bought quite a few. Just doesn't make me want to play to pay so much and have so little.

no its not insane, try playing stopwatch and the daily mission
    that alone would give you around 1500 per 3 hour i think

if you can score first in a 15 minute stopwatch you also get pretty nice amount of credits.

even i who plays really average can get 30-50K a week

• Saying 14 of the mercs are now cheaper it in theory should be quicker to obtain all , as others have stated by level 30 you should have them all , tho before it was easier to obtain loadout cards also , recently with all changes made it seams to be harder for newcomers to get cards in general.

• PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 531
    edited February 3

@JonBongNoJovi said:
    Saying 14 of the mercs are now cheaper it in theory should be quicker to obtain all , as others have stated by level 30 you should have them all , tho before it was easier to obtain loadout cards also , recently with all changes made it seams to be harder for newcomers to get cards in general.

On the other hand, you don't really have to get cards now default loadout have three augments. And the fact that there's no more lead and iron cards. All in all, beginning now is way cheaper than it was in the past.

• @Ptiloui What i'm getting at is that in early days with trading up there was more of a feeling of progression , discovering and testing different augment loadouts to find what suited you , now with the cost of cases x5 what they used to be and fragments for crafting it will be harder for newcomers to obtain cards .

1500 credits and 165 fragments to craft one bronze actually, id say it's pretty cheaper. I don't remember trade up price but im pretty sure the actual system is even cheaper than the trade up one.

But i prefered the trade up system though because of the progression feeling we had, grinding skins tier by tier :smile:

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,761Special Editor

I never bought Turtle. :/ Just never really cared.

And also, @OP why are you so mad? There's genius in NOT buying mercs because then you won't ever get missions for them unless they're on Free Rotation. You have no idea how annoying it is everytime I get a Proxy, Sawbonez, or Thunder mission. :wink:

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

edited February 4

@Xenithos said:
    You have no idea how annoying it is everytime I get a Proxy, Sawbonez, or Thunder mission. :wink:

Heretic ! :wink:

• @MuddyGrenade said:
    Maybe spend that $100 on the mercs rather than on cases?
    Also, unlocking characters doesn't take that long with in game currency, especially now.

You can get away with as little as an hourly daily grind for little under four consecutive weeks to get a 50k merc. It's like snapping your fingers.

• LoafOfBreadLoafOfBread Posts: 521

@Free2Buy said:
    I have spent over $100 in the game and do not have all the characters and only 1 cobalt due to crap RNG.

SD may make dumb, weird and honestly retarded decisions time to ti...most of the time. But you aren't innocent in this case lmao

• teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 671
    edited February 4

@EB7D6B26E341 said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

You can get away with as little as an hourly daily grind for little under four consecutive weeks to get a 50k merc. It's like snapping your fingers.

One mission cycle gives you about 2000 credits and takes about an hour to complete (less so if you are more experienced). If you start playing one hour before a new cycle starts, you can do 4000 in two hours. You also get 12 credits per minute playtime (more so if you do better), so assuming about 45 minutes of an hour are actually spent playing that's another more than 1000 credits for two hours, resulting in a total 5000 credits per day easily.

So you can get a new merc and craft a few bronze loadouts for him about every 15 to 25 hours of playing the game assuming you play two hours a day at appropriate mission cycle times.

There is no ELO acronym, the Elo rating is named after the guy who invented it.

• EB7D6B26E341EB7D6B26E341 Posts: 39
    edited February 4

@teflonlove said:
    So you can get a new merc and craft a few bronze loadouts for him about every 15 to 25 hours of playing the game assuming you play two hours a day at appropriate mission cycle times.

As I said, like watching someone snap their fingers (recorded with a really, really super-highspeed camera.)

Post edited by EB7D6B26E341 on
  • @teflonlove said:

@EB7D6B26E341 said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

One mission cycle gives you about 2000 credits and takes about an hour to complete (less so if you are more experienced). If you start playing one hour before a new cycle starts, you can do 4000 in two hours. You also get 12 credits per minute playtime (more so if you do better), so assuming about 45 minutes of an hour are actually spent playing that's another more than 1000 credits for two hours, resulting in a total 5000 credits per day easily.

I disagree that this is ok....That is wayyyyyy too long. And also succeeds my original point that I already spent enough in the game that I should have been given the merc pack.

• geefunkstergeefunkster Posts: 31
    edited February 12

Lol. In any game, any player could spend a lot of money on 1 category of the MANY items available to purchase and then cry that "I've spent so much, you should give me EVERYTHING now, including future content".

Your sense of entitlement, and also your lack of self-awareness about said sense of entitlement, amuses me.

@Free2Buy said:
    I disagree that this is ok....That is wayyyyyy too long. And also succeeds my original point that I already spent enough in the game that I should have been given the merc pack.

• The lack of emphathy for new-comers, is real!

• NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,534

@EB7D6B26E341 said:
    The lack of emphathy for new-comers, is real!

that makes absolutely no sense, OP is by his own statements NOT a new comer

moop