So what's the deal with the rhino spam?

Mostly seen this only on server browser. Running into groups of high level players all playing rhino. Isn't always impossible to play against (as long as your team is competent) but having to deal with it is pretty annoying. A lot of times they lock down the objective turning a game of stopwatch into a team death match. This causes a problem as neither team are really receiving any objective exp and only combat exp. for those of us grinding stopwatch matches for cheer, this only wastes our time.
(This is just my own personal experience with this that I've had over the course of the winter event. It's not very often, but it's often enough to cause a little concern)

Comments

• ThePigVomitThePigVomit Posts: 239

One phantom and the healthstation suppository feeding them goes away as well.

• Rhinos are large creatures. If only we had a heavy weapon to hunt them with, maybe some kind of rocket launcher....

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,362

A long time ago there used to be an entire clan of rhinos, all hacking with massively reduced spread to kill anyone anywhere in the map.
    I had always assumed they were banned though, but I never did see what happened to them.

Not gonna name and shame, but did they happen to have a two letter clantag?

• Da_MummyDa_Mummy Posts: 119

Well you know how fun it is to play last objective Dockyard against a team of:
    Rhino, Turtle, Guardian, Aura and Arty
    Good luck doing anything against that.

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,097

@Da_Mummy said:
    Well you know how fun it is to play last objective Dockyard against a team of:
    Rhino, Turtle, Guardian, Aura and Arty
    Good luck doing anything against that.

Phantom/Kira

• Da_MummyDa_Mummy Posts: 119

@Lord_Coctus
    Sure if anyone of our team brought Phantom to Ranked and if we had more than one Kira. It's just really frustrating I know it's not impossible

• znuundznuund Posts: 168

nader is known to be a rhino feeder... with nades.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,846

i thought rhino not as good as before since they remover his ability to do headshot?

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,962

@ThePigVomit said:
    One phantom and the healthstation suppository feeding them goes away as well.

And you all said phantoms useles lol

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

@GatoCommodore said:
    i thought rhino not as good as before since they remover his ability to do headshot?

The headshot multiplier was only 1.1x anyways, so it's not really as big of a deal. And because of the massive spread, aiming for the head wasn't practical anyways, and only resulted in random headshots at range without consciously aiming for one.

• LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 2,028

They needlessly buffed him so all the shitters crawled out of the woodwork to ruin the game.

Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,417

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:
    Rhinos are large creatures. If only we had a heavy weapon to hunt them with, maybe some kind of rocket launcher....

But everyone got it nerfed to hell because they were so butthurt that they got killed by it. So no one plays her anymore because she just gets progressively weaker and weaker.

What a shock, always the same few people who report me for spam or abuse! Some people are so small and so petty...

• SytrySytry Posts: 73

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:
    Rhinos are large creatures. If only we had a heavy weapon to hunt them with, maybe some kind of rocket launcher....

Javelin was used to kill rhino and after nerf is been useless against rhino with med station.

@Sorotia said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

But everyone got it nerfed to hell because they were so butthurt that they got killed by it. So no one plays her anymore because she just gets progressively weaker and weaker.

i feel javelin is still powerful if you know how to swing the rocket.

people need to start treating javelin like kira where you need to slave the laser manually to get the best result

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で

@GatoCommodore said:

@Sorotia said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

i feel javelin is still powerful if you know how to swing the rocket.

people need to start treating javelin like kira where you need to slave the laser manually to get the best result

At least kira's laser is reasonably consistent though. Sure it's a pain to call down initially, but once it's down it's pretty easy to guide it wherever you want.

The rocket on the other hand is not only very difficult to control, but also buggy as hell. I've had it blow up just passing too close to a wall without touching, or just ignore where I'm pointing altogether, even without a phantom.

• kopyrightkopyright Posts: 440

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

Makes sense if you are defening on an EV map, but the attackers are more likely to switch out the explosive/artillery mercs for others who are more objective-oriented. Dockyard against a Rhino stack made me uninstall the game over the holidays.

• They shouldn't have made him cheaper...he'll become a crutch for newb players.

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,293Special Editor

@LifeupOmega said:
    They needlessly buffed him so all the shitters crawled out of the woodwork to ruin the game.

I would barely call what they did buffing him. And Rhino isn't that incredible right now anyway. He's just fairly decent when the enemy team isn't paying attention and you know how to play him.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

@Sytry said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

Javelin was used to kill rhino and after nerf is been useless against rhino with med station.

Javelin still pretty much instant kills rhino, even on a healthstation, if you're hitting him. And if you're missing, the health station is still gone and he's hurt. What are you talking about...?

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

@Xenithos said:

@Sytry said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

Javelin still pretty much instant kills rhino, even on a healthstation, if you're hitting him. And if you're missing, the health station is still gone and he's hurt. What are you talking about...?

Sure...maybe if you're playing against a derp Rhino who just sits there in one spot bullet spraying all day...but anyone actually watching is going to be able to avoid it enough so it isn't a 1 hit k.o.

Which is easier than every because they pretty much nerfed the rocket launcher in every single way possible.

What a shock, always the same few people who report me for spam or abuse! Some people are so small and so petty...

@Sorotia said:

@Xenithos said:

@Sytry said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

Sure...maybe if you're playing against a derp Rhino who just sits there in one spot bullet spraying all day...but anyone actually watching is going to be able to avoid it enough so it isn't a 1 hit k.o.

Which is easier than every because they pretty much nerfed the rocket launcher in every single way possible.

So... it still kills the health station right? And forces the Rhino to move? And... how is everything I said contrary to the previous users claim that it was "USELESS". Sure, it may not be as GREAT as it was against him, but it's not USELESS. And also, there shouldn't really be hard counters to Rhino in the first place, or any merc for that matter... Do players still not realize that a snitched Rhino when headshotted by a Fel-9 is instant killed? I believe Gibbed too, though not sure...

@Xenithos said:

@Sorotia said:

@Xenithos said:

@Sytry said:

@Mr.Cuddlesworth said:

So... it still kills the health station right? And forces the Rhino to move? And... how is everything I said contrary to the previous users claim that it was "USELESS". Sure, it may not be as GREAT as it was against him, but it's not USELESS. And also, there shouldn't really be hard counters to Rhino in the first place, or any merc for that matter... Do players still not realize that a snitched Rhino when headshotted by a Fel-9 is instant killed? I believe Gibbed too, though not sure...

I never said it was useless, my entire point was that it was nerfed to hell enough that between the nerfed rocket, lousy ammo distribution, and 2 out 3 primaries recently nerfed I just don't see anyone playing her anymore.

Sorotia... I KNOW you never said it was useless. My entire point was that the OTHER guy said it was, and I was disagreeing with what HE said. I completely agree that Javelin didn't need to be nerfed as hard in the variety she has been.

@Xenithos said:
    Sorotia... I KNOW you never said it was useless. My entire point was that the OTHER guy said it was, and I was disagreeing with what HE said. I completely agree that Javelin didn't need to be nerfed as hard in the variety she has been.

It's hard to tell sometimes, I don't like Markdown >.< because when you reply to someone it tags everyone in the chain and I guess I thought it was towards me.

• Begin2018Begin2018 Posts: 79

Javelin is CANCER. I see way less Rhino in matches than Javelin...

@Sorotia said:

@Xenithos said:

It's hard to tell sometimes, I don't like Markdown >.< because when you reply to someone it tags everyone in the chain and I guess I thought it was towards me.

Yeah that's always super freaking annoying.

• XyfurionXyfurion Posts: 502

Holy @$!#. What happened to the forums. I haven't seen this much complaining since 2016.

Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Failing at ranked? Learn Call-outs!

@Xyfurion said:
    Holy @$!#. What happened to the forums. I haven't seen this much complaining since 2016.

FNGs

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で