Who do you believe will get the new obsidian card?

24

Comments

  • ArtyrimArtyrim Posts: 217

    @boerhae said:

    @AlbinMatt said:
    Huh, you're still alive eh, Boers.

    ???

    anyway this better be the next obsidian

    It looks like ku klux klan for asians.
    I prefer a bikini outfit for Kira and a 3rd person view so I can enjoy that tiny ass instead of that skin xD

  • B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,091
    edited December 2017

    @Artyrim said:

    @boerhae said:

    @AlbinMatt said:
    Huh, you're still alive eh, Boers.

    ???

    anyway this better be the next obsidian

    It looks like ku klux klan for asians.

    Ahah, her pants already looks like ww2 hugo boss. So I guess it'd perfectly fit then :D

    By the way, Except Arty who had his early model put back as an obsidian skin, every other "original" merc (Sawbonez/Sky/Fragger/Proxy/Vassili) already has a founder model existing in the game. And so far they have not added other models to them, so I would not put too much money on Proxy.

  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,303

    If the skin ends up being cultist Kira, I want culty Kira lines to go with it.

    MakeMachinePistolsGoodAgain

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,503

    @Artyrim said:

    @Sorotia said:

    @Artyrim said:
    I hope is Proxy even though there are many haters here
    I'm fine with Kira and Nader as well but no Sparks or Aimee -_-

    Haters...you say that like it's random hate...she already has so many bloody special editions it isn't even funny.

    She is literally one of the last characters who should get a obsidian. She literally is the character with the most different obsidians in game.

    The point is: I'M WITHOUT ANY OBSIDIAN PROXY . So for this reason I hope to get it xD,the redhead Proxy looks great

    Doubt they'd ever do another redhead

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,288
    edited December 2017

    @TheFluffyOne said:
    I'm hoping for Kira. Nader would be nice too, and personally I wouldn't want Sparks, but will not get pissy if it does turn out to be her.
    Did we get an obsidian for a female merc yet, by the way?

    Only proxy has a founders obsidain thats more than a skin change. Aura has a skin change obsidian as far as i know no one else has an obsidian ask @Djiesse hes the loadout master here

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • DjiesseDjiesse mtl.qc.caPosts: 884Special Editor
    edited December 2017

    Since @Mc1412013 has put me on the spot... ;)

    Current Obsidian and unique SE status for the ladies of DB is:

    • Aimee: 1 SE (ReV "Detective" recolor)
    • Aura: 1 Obsidian (regular "Out for Blood" recolor)
    • Guardian: 1 SE ("Pirin" recolor)
    • Javelin: 1 SE ("GhostClip" recolor)
    • Kira: nil
    • Nader: nil
    • Proxy: 3 Obsidian ("Founders" full mesh change + "Out for Blood" and ReV "Culprit" recolors) + 2 SE (the other ReV "Culprit" + Shell Shock "Cyber Eye" recolors)
    • Sparks: nil

    (I didn't count the Logitec SE for Aura since it only affected the weapons. I also didn't count the Alienware and Humble Bundle SE since, even though those are limited series (not released for all loadouts), they were released for all available mercs at the time, so they are not "unique" to one or a few mercs and more on par with older events SE.)

    I would say beside Queen Proxy any of the others would be fair game for an Obsidian Operative...

  • XyfurionXyfurion Posts: 513

    I'm rooting for Kira tbh.

    Also @$!# another proxy card. She has like 4 already


    Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Failing at ranked? Learn Call-outs!
  • Just make a maid/nurse sparks and I'm pretty sure @Lord_Coctus alone will buy enough of them to fund DB for the next decade

  • GuziolGuziol Posts: 363

    I believe it will be kira or proxy. I hope it's gonna be nader.

  • Nader is more accessible than Kira and Sparks, who both take quite some practice to be effective with. So if I would want to sell lots of special loadouts, I'd go for Nader.

    Forget the cobalt Kawaii stick, better listen to some Kawaii rock.

  • DjiesseDjiesse mtl.qc.caPosts: 884Special Editor

    @LoafOfBread said:
    Just make a maid/nurse sparks and I'm pretty sure @Lord_Coctus alone will buy enough of them to fund DB for the next decade

    If I was SD I would make a Sparks in baggy surgical scrubs just to frustrate all the pervs out there dreaming of her in a fantasy nurse outfit :p

  • I want Sparks so badly

  • @Djiesse said:

    @LoafOfBread said:
    Just make a maid/nurse sparks and I'm pretty sure @Lord_Coctus alone will buy enough of them to fund DB for the next decade

    If I was SD I would make a Sparks in baggy surgical scrubs just to frustrate all the pervs out there dreaming of her in a fantasy nurse outfit :p

    I'm pretty sure @Lord_Coctus still would buy 50 of them

  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,303

    I think it's just a little concerning that @LoafOfBread is so interested in what kind of obsidian I would buy.

    MakeMachinePistolsGoodAgain

  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,885
    edited December 2017

    Whoever it is, I hope there's no RNG involved;

    Come on, for US$14.99 at least let us pick the loadout we want...

    I'm sure the whales will whale out on this if it happens.

  • Highly likely it'll be Guardian, but it could also be Sparks (that was my first guess)

  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,616

    @NK.NewNightmare said:
    Highly likely it'll be Guardian, but it could also be Sparks (that was my first guess)

    Guardian just came out though, and also got a special edition with her release. If anything it would make more sense for javelin to get one, since she's been out for longer and is in the same position as guardian.

    Imo SD would (or at least should) probably try to go with a community favourite, like nader or kira. Sparks isn't really talked about as much. @bgyoshi also made a good point, they've been focusing on BR characters quite a bit, so it'll likely be her. And since they haven't made any major balance changes with her in a while, it might even be released with one.

    As long as it's not aimee I'm fine though, lol

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,288

    None of the curent mercs will be on the next obsidian. There gonna troll us with the female comander obsidian lol.

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • @Lord_Coctus said:
    I think it's just a little concerning that @LoafOfBread is so interested in what kind of obsidian I would buy.

    <3

  • BooryDarthNaderBooryDarthNader Posts: 635
    edited December 2017

    @AlbinMatt said:
    Huh, you're still alive eh, Boory.

    I'm only partially alive.
    Will be fully alive 2018, mark my word.

    Dirty Bomb is a JoJo reference ゴゴゴゴ...

  • NK.NewNightmareNK.NewNightmare Posts: 64
    edited December 2017

    @STARRYSOCK said:

    @NK.NewNightmare said:
    Highly likely it'll be Guardian, but it could also be Sparks (that was my first guess)

    Guardian just came out though, and also got a special edition with her release. If anything it would make more sense for javelin to get one, since she's been out for longer and is in the same position as guardian.

    Imo SD would (or at least should) probably try to go with a community favourite, like nader or kira. Sparks isn't really talked about as much. @bgyoshi also made a good point, they've been focusing on BR characters quite a bit, so it'll likely be her. And since they haven't made any major balance changes with her in a while, it might even be released with one.

    As long as it's not aimee I'm fine though, lol

    Yeah, well I haven't thought of that yet. You're right though, it wouldn't really make sense to release an Obsidian Loadout Card for Guardian that just shortly after her release, especially 'cause Javelin hasn't even got one yet. However, I still think it'll be Sparks - unfortunately I'm not around playing the game for that much of a time, to know when or how SD handles Obisidan Loadout Cards, for newly released Mercs, when other Mercs that have been around for a higher amount of time haven't got even 1 Obsidian LC yet. The cause of that might be that I only started playing the game seriously just a short time after Turtle was released or rather after he got his Obs. LC.

  • NK.NewNightmareNK.NewNightmare Posts: 64
    edited December 2017

    I'd most likely buy an OBSIDIAN LC. for Sparks, and I can safely assume as much, for the simple reason that I'm sure it'll look just great! I don't think I'd buy one for Kira though, because neither do I like playing with her nor do I like her overall concept. And for the sake of our little hypothesis (which this thread represents), I can also safely assume that I wouldn't want to buy an OLC for Nader, because I don't play her much.

  • Or here’s a thought why can’t they do one for all three mercs(Nader,Sparks,Kira). Like they did for Arty,Fletcher,and Stoker.

  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,885

    From the previous obsidians, we got Aura, Fragger, Fletcher, Arty, Stoker, Phantom and Phoenix.

    That's 2 medics, 2 fire support, 1 Obj specialist, 1 Assault and 1 Recon

    Therefore, considering that the next obsidian will be female and balanced distribution of obsidian ops, the likelihood of Nader or Aimee being the next obsidian operative is likely higher than the likelihood of Sparks or Kira. It's worthwhile mentioning that Proxy or Javelin is in contention for being the next obsidian op though.

  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,616

    @K1X455 said:
    From the previous obsidians, we got Aura, Fragger, Fletcher, Arty, Stoker, Phantom and Phoenix.

    That's 2 medics, 2 fire support, 1 Obj specialist, 1 Assault and 1 Recon

    Therefore, considering that the next obsidian will be female and balanced distribution of obsidian ops, the likelihood of Nader or Aimee being the next obsidian operative is likely higher than the likelihood of Sparks or Kira. It's worthwhile mentioning that Proxy or Javelin is in contention for being the next obsidian op though.

    Keep in mind tho, not all of those mercs have proper obsidian operative cards. Both Aura and Fragger have cards that are essentially the equivalent of the old Phoenix obsidian, and he still got an elite operative. Taking it a step further, it's possible mercs with founders cards could also get obsidian operatives, though likely not before other mercs.
    I also doubt the newest mercs will get obsidian operatives.

    So, considering that and a few other factors, the highest possibility would be Nader having no other OE assault mercs, followed by Aimee with only one "recon" OE merc but also a special edition for herself, then Sparks even though phoenix just came out, then Kira with two other OE fire support mercs and no other special editions, then Aura with a recent obsidian, Javelin who just came out and has a special edition, Guardian who came out even more recently with another SE card, then Proxy with several special editions and two obsidians.

    So yeah, probably still nader or aimee, but the others still have a decent change. Still hope it's kira, lol

  • FalC_16FalC_16 Posts: 918

    I would love to see nader or bushwacker.. imagine the turret skin would have different mesh too jeeez

  • @CryonicArrow said:
    Or here’s a thought why can’t they do one for all three mercs(Nader,Sparks,Kira). Like they did for Arty,Fletcher,and Stoker.

    I think it would be more profitable for them to release on at a time.

  • It has been confirmed by a story on instagram, that the new obsidian operative will be...

    Neither proxy nor aura

    Dirty Bomb is a JoJo reference ゴゴゴゴ...

  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,885

    I'll probably get 2 skins for Nader...

    Depending on augments, I'll think about it if I'll get any for Aimee....

  • WulieWulie Posts: 31

    I would love a nice Nader- Obsidian. Something that says "Im here to kick ass"... but I think it will be Kira.

Sign In or Register to comment.