We're removing Iron and Lead Loadout Cards and expanding the Weapon Card system

MoobabesMoobabes Posts: 23Moderator, Developer

As the title says - some big changes are coming!

Check out the latest new post on the website for more information on some of the upcoming changes:

https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/dirty-bomb-whats-next/

Comments

  • HA! CALLED IT! 3 augmented default loadout cards!

    Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 484
    edited December 2017

    One step after another, even if it's slowly, we seem that we'll finally get loadout and skins separated (at least, i hope :D)

    If i understand correctly, the augmented default skin will only exist with the matching loadout/perks, ie for Sawbonez, SM41. If we want other weapons/perks, we'll still have to craft bronze or higher loadout cards.

    However, I don't understand the prupose of the weapon card crafting and recycling them to fragments, unless they will add a way to get some weapon skins as random free drops after match. If i had to buy weapon cases, the last thing i would have to do, is to buy multiple of them just to grind fragments and, maybe, finally get the skin i want.
    The polishing system seems nice though.

    Another idea that came to me, even if it will be very unpopular : now that it's impossible to drop a cobalt card from the game unless you buy cases or "grind and craft", aren't you afraid DB will be once again described as P2W ? ;)

  • TitaniumRaptureTitaniumRapture Posts: 423
    edited December 2017

    So event cases will be special ones? Because it would be kinda bad to pay 5k for case with 2% drop chance.

    Btw some ppl might like iron / lead skins. What about letting us choose skin for default loadout from default / lead / iron skin?

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,288

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Now let's see those morons trying to find P2W arguments!

    That gun skin u paid to get a key to get is the reason you are doing more damage to me and i cant kill you.

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,288

    Eitger im blind or theres nothing about guns will we still have cards with different guns i like shot gun aura and hotchfir proxy

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • @Ptiloui said:

    Another idea that came to me, even if it will be very unpopular : now that it's impossible to drop a cobalt card from the game unless you buy cases or "grind and craft", aren't you afraid DB will be once again described as P2W ? ;)

    I think morons will always find way how to accuse.

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 484

    @Mc1412013 said:
    Eitger im blind or theres nothing about guns will we still have cards with different guns i like shot gun aura and hotchfir proxy

    The way i understand it, you'll still be able to have whatever weapon you want on mercs, but not in default loadout (unless the loadout you like IS the default loadout for this merc)

  • ThePigVomitThePigVomit Posts: 350
    edited December 2017

    Still no return to merc card trade up. Sad face.

    Any way to mitigate the heavy RNG hit when going for higher rarity and loadout combo would be welcome......

    This is not it Proximo, THIS IS NOT IT!

    I already have 220,000 fragments, I simply do not need any MORE of those.

    And correct me if I missed something,....no single mention of the need to manage SE duplicates....poor form SD, poor form.

  • azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 118

    I am sorry, that new system confuse me, and all I can remember is higher price/grind.

  • ArtyrimArtyrim Posts: 217

    @Ptiloui said:
    Another idea that came to me, even if it will be very unpopular : now that it's impossible to drop a cobalt card from the game unless you buy cases or "grind and craft", aren't you afraid DB will be once again described as P2W ? ;)

    One question, how many cobalts have you seen from these cases? I have seen only 2 in about +2/3k bought cases + all random cases(got the cobalts from random ones....) dropped from matches. Is already almost impossible to get a cobalt from these cases.
    So play&take your FRAGments and craft your cobalt,it will be more appreciated :) .

    About p2w.... One must be an idiot/stupid to call this game p2w . Is better without this kind of people.
    The only reason people may think this game is p2w is because of $ of mercs. They think is hard to farm credits to buy mercs so they call this game p2w. When you can buy a 50k merc in 4/5 days by playing&enjoying the game and doing missions 2 times/day.

    I played a mmo where with 5k euro you were 2 shots instead of 1 shot from a guy who payed 10k or more xD. That game was a real p2w .

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 484
    edited December 2017

    @Artyrim said:

    @Ptiloui said:
    Another idea that came to me, even if it will be very unpopular : now that it's impossible to drop a cobalt card from the game unless you buy cases or "grind and craft", aren't you afraid DB will be once again described as P2W ? ;)

    One question, how many cobalts have you seen from these cases? I have seen only 2 in about +2/3k bought cases + all random cases(got the cobalts from random ones....) dropped from matches. Is already almost impossible to get a cobalt from these cases.
    So play&take your FRAGments and craft your cobalt,it will be more appreciated :) .

    I think i dropped the same as you, which is in the right odds, considering it is actually 0.1% chance, you can expect drop 1 cobalt every 1k cases (stats speaking). But yeah, i never counted on that to get cobalt cards.

    About p2w.... One must be an idiot/stupid to call this game p2w . Is better without this kind of people.
    The only reason people may think this game is p2w is because of $ of mercs. They think is hard to farm credits to buy mercs so they call this game p2w. When you can buy a 50k merc in 4/5 days by playing&enjoying the game and doing missions 2 times/day.

    I played a mmo where with 5k euro you were 2 shots instead of 1 shot from a guy who payed 10k or more xD. That game was a real p2w .

    Don't get me wrong, i know this game is clearly not P2W, but some people are too dumb/blind to see the truth and/or make their own opinions (they usually prefer to follow streamer's way of thinking).

  • ArtyrimArtyrim Posts: 217

    @Ptiloui said:
    Don't get me wrong, i know this game is clearly not P2W, but some people are too dumb/blind to see the truth and/or make their own opinions (they usually prefer to follow streamer's way of thinking).

    I'm not drunk enough to get you wrong xD
    I know you said that is "already" p2w or at least most of new people think this and may think with new upcoming changes ABOUT SKINS ffs these retards (but like you said mostly because of IDIOTS streamers who play for 1 hour or less and then " omg omg " " p2w p2w " " bla bla and i go to try something for more views" and their stupid followers who believe at everything from yt )

  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,704Special Editor

    I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,704Special Editor

    As long as they allow us to turn our alienware cards into weapon skins I'm all good. There's legit no reason to have a cobalt aura with the same everything and the alienware one. I want my alienware weapons on my Aura.

    I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

  • So what will happen with the lead and iron cards that we already have should we turn them into fragments or will they automatically

  • azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 118
    edited December 2017

    So I read it some more, now I feel less confused, but instead now I feel a bit disappointed about new Loadout Cases and the fragments replacing MK cases.

    Let's say Loadout Case is some kind of medium-rare drop after match and only contain Bronze-Silver-Gold cards, and available in store for 5k credits. In my opinion, that price is a bit too high considering there is no Cobalt in it and with 20% chance getting Silver. Just put Cobalt in it or reduce the price.

    And then the MK cases replaced with 20 & 50 fragments, ugh, from MK cases I got 1 gold and 4 silvers, much more fragments. Couldn't it be something like MK Fragment Cases? With MK1 contain a chance of 15-13k fragments , MK2 & MK3 45-13k, and MK4 135-13K? edit: MK4 stiill there, isn't it? and my gold & 2 silvers was from MK4 iirc

    Please don't make this game more and more grindy.

    Post edited by azz_abdr on
  • OwynTylerOwynTyler Posts: 355
    edited December 2017

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Now let's see those morons trying to find P2W arguments!

    &

    This does mean that Cobalt Loadout Cards will no longer drop in-game

    Pff silly morons will never find it :DDDD

    we smart, not morons

  • Another imaginary problem solved \o/

  • @ThePigVomit said:
    Still no return to merc card trade up. Sad face.

    Any way to mitigate the heavy RNG hit when going for higher rarity and loadout combo would be welcome......

    This is not it Proximo, THIS IS NOT IT!

    I already have 220,000 fragments, I simply do not need any MORE of those.

    And correct me if I missed something,....no single mention of the need to manage SE duplicates....poor form SD, poor form.

    you can....

    sell it?

    Hammock - Oh the Bliss (Reinterpretation) | Far Cry 5
                                                                    
  • @GatoCommodore said:

    @ThePigVomit said:
    Still no return to merc card trade up. Sad face.

    Any way to mitigate the heavy RNG hit when going for higher rarity and loadout combo would be welcome......

    This is not it Proximo, THIS IS NOT IT!

    I already have 220,000 fragments, I simply do not need any MORE of those.

    And correct me if I missed something,....no single mention of the need to manage SE duplicates....poor form SD, poor form.

    you can....

    sell it?

    The only things they've committed to selling in the market are weapon skin cases

  • OwynTylerOwynTyler Posts: 355
    edited December 2017

    @ThePigVomit said:

    @GatoCommodore said:

    @ThePigVomit said:
    Still no return to merc card trade up. Sad face.

    Any way to mitigate the heavy RNG hit when going for higher rarity and loadout combo would be welcome......

    This is not it Proximo, THIS IS NOT IT!

    I already have 220,000 fragments, I simply do not need any MORE of those.

    And correct me if I missed something,....no single mention of the need to manage SE duplicates....poor form SD, poor form.

    you can....

    sell it?

    The only things they've committed to selling in the market are weapon skin cases

    Locked ones, and considering those drop pretty frequently and barely anyone would open those - price gonna be lower than one zimbabwe dollar

  • @OwynTyler said:

    @ThePigVomit said:

    @GatoCommodore said:

    @ThePigVomit said:
    Still no return to merc card trade up. Sad face.

    Any way to mitigate the heavy RNG hit when going for higher rarity and loadout combo would be welcome......

    This is not it Proximo, THIS IS NOT IT!

    I already have 220,000 fragments, I simply do not need any MORE of those.

    And correct me if I missed something,....no single mention of the need to manage SE duplicates....poor form SD, poor form.

    you can....

    sell it?

    The only things they've committed to selling in the market are weapon skin cases

    Locked ones, and considering those drop pretty frequently and barely anyone would open those - price gonna be lower than one zimbabwe dollar

    Dunno about that "frequently" thing. I've received 3 total since release.

  • @ThePigVomit said:

    @OwynTyler said:

    @ThePigVomit said:

    @GatoCommodore said:

    @ThePigVomit said:
    Still no return to merc card trade up. Sad face.

    Any way to mitigate the heavy RNG hit when going for higher rarity and loadout combo would be welcome......

    This is not it Proximo, THIS IS NOT IT!

    I already have 220,000 fragments, I simply do not need any MORE of those.

    And correct me if I missed something,....no single mention of the need to manage SE duplicates....poor form SD, poor form.

    you can....

    sell it?

    The only things they've committed to selling in the market are weapon skin cases

    Locked ones, and considering those drop pretty frequently and barely anyone would open those - price gonna be lower than one zimbabwe dollar

    Dunno about that "frequently" thing. I've received 3 total since release.

    now count all those free-to-play players who received 3 total since release and multipy 3 by that number...

  • I've been saving duplicates/irons/leads for another crafting event with bonus fragment gain. Can we have something similar before they go?

  • @TitaniumRapture said:
    So event cases will be special ones? Because it would be kinda bad to pay 5k for case with 2% drop chance.

    Btw some ppl might like iron / lead skins. What about letting us choose skin for default loadout from default / lead / iron skin?

    Presumably they will adjust the drop rates or the event case prices. They could easily keep it at 2% and drop more fragments.

Sign In or Register to comment.