Is stoker the new tryhard merc?

ThunderZsoltThunderZsolt Posts: 372
edited December 7 in Mercenary Discussion

Since the balance update, I've noticed an increase of lvl50+ Stoker tryhards (on any map, not just underground).
I remember a few ones, but almost everyone played Arty or Fragger until Arty's arsenal got decimated.

The dreiss is still very good, but not everyone likes it, could be that people swithced to full auto rifles?

Is stoker the new tryhard merc? 7 votes

Yes, I main Stoker now
14%
ThunderZsolt 1 vote
Arty is still the most powerful, I wouldn't use anyone else
28%
Dr_PlantbossGatoCommodore 2 votes
Fragger is love, Fragger is life
42%
jooshoyesMrHaaaxRetcHy_P 3 votes
This post is BS
14%
SiwaonaDaphnewen 1 vote

Comments

• JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,084
    edited December 7

I'm interested in this topic since it's been a long time from the last time I played.

If Stoker's molotov got nerfed I'd be pretty sad.

• WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 527

I'm not seeing it, but Arty has died off a lot. That's always a good thing.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622
    Arty is still the most powerful, I wouldn't use anyone else

@Wintergreen said:
    I'm not seeing it, but Arty has died off a lot. That's always a good thing.

not many are good playing arty.
    if you know the map and how to operate arty you can get a lot of haxx accusation

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

• jooshoyesjooshoyes Posts: 322
    Fragger is love, Fragger is life

I still don't think stokers that good, but that's probably due to the number of bugs surrounding his ability, severely affecting its consistency against the ev and generators. Fragger on the other hand, despite the nerf, is still an extremely powerful and consistent pick (and always will be better than jav at killing) , and tbh I enjoy playing him much more than stoker simply due to the increase of skill he requires to get kills.I really hate impact nades in any game, because they just have zero counterplay in a 1v1.

Stoker, is outclassed in my eyes, by kira at area denial, as he can be countered by shooting nades/smoke at it, and by javelin at killing, as stokers damage is pitiful unless someone carelessly walks into the flames.

I really think he needs a rework, to not make it impact, and make it more effective at killing AND area denial. I feel this would be for the better of the game and make him much more rewarding to play in my eyes.

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,032

This means Guardians doing her spam blocking nicely.

Roses are red and violets are blue.
    I bang you all!
    Now you're dead too.
  • LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 1,995

Sawbonez and raw self sustain > All

Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • woodchipwoodchip Posts: 115

@jooshoyes said:
    I still don't think stokers that good, but that's probably due to the number of bugs surrounding his ability, severely affecting its consistency against the ev and generators. Fragger on the other hand, despite the nerf, is still an extremely powerful and consistent pick (and always will be better than jav at killing) , and tbh I enjoy playing him much more than stoker simply due to the increase of skill he requires to get kills.I really hate impact nades in any game, because they just have zero counterplay in a 1v1.

Stoker, is outclassed in my eyes, by kira at area denial, as he can be countered by shooting nades/smoke at it, and by javelin at killing, as stokers damage is pitiful unless someone carelessly walks into the flames.

I really think he needs a rework, to not make it impact, and make it more effective at killing AND area denial. I feel this would be for the better of the game and make him much more rewarding to play in my eyes.

Nah. Stoker is really strong. I main him and I think he would be one of the last characters I would buff.

You're using the molotov wrong if you are trying to have it solo people. Think of it as an AoE 45 damage nade that also can block retreats and can be thrown at a moments notice indoors or out. Molotov by itself isn't going to get kills but Molotov + gun devastates anyone in the area of effect.