FIGHT FOR NET NEUTRALITY

Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,958
edited December 2017 in Off Topic

Important Net neutrality is under atack psa.

dip$%&* pai wants to abolish net neutrality which WILL hinder inovation and your ability to use the web.
I know this isnt in the right spot in forums but this is way to important of information.

Post edited by Eox on

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

Comments

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,053
    edited December 2017

I love seeing how you developed folks go mad over this, while some of us are using VPNs just to not get sniped by the government kver accessing "foreign propaganda".

I would love to keep net neutrality though, but there must be a better way other than anonymous petitions and street riots.

• Where's Anonymous when you need them

• MeerkatsMeerkats Posts: 109
    edited December 2017

@Xenithos said:
    At this point I would say there's almost nothing we can realistically do besides Pray and hold on.

Pretty much.

Ajit Pai cares for the Internet and common human decency as much as another pathological, sociopath, Cheetoh(tm)@$!# shitbag we all know cares for democracy and his constituents.

Post edited by Meerkats on
  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,357

@Meerkats said:

@Xenithos said:
    At this point I would say there's almost nothing we can realistically do besides Pray and hold on.

Pretty much.

Ajit Pai will never give a single @$!# about constituents or even human decency. Ever.

Hey, if we're going down I'd rather go down screaming and kicking, lol

• There is two sides in this fight

Government Regulated Internet (the current status quo) (The one people are fighting for)
    and
    ISP Regulated Internet (if the so-called net neutrality dies)

both are not in any way "Neutral" or "Good"

The Govt. Regulated Internet currently used for spreading propaganda aimed at citizen to work against their own interest (thx to Obama Propaganda Ban was lifted on christmas)

The ISP Regulated Internet in concept is more freedom because you can choose ISP that arent scumbags who sells private data but then, to own or create a start up ISP, one must jump through hundreds of loops and hoops to the point that it would take years until you get your first profit.

the ideal scenario is people will flock to the Good guy cheap ISP and free market will sort these scumbags out.

the reality is big corporate like google cant even do good with google fiber in some area because there are no government support. If Google, the biggest baddest most influential company out there cant do it, how the hell a good guy ISP will start up and expect no competition?

If the-so-called net neutrality dies we're screwd
    if the Govt. Regulated Internet lives only USA gets screwd

pick your poison.

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,027Moderator
    edited December 2017

Moving to off topic. I left a redirect link on general discussion. I might put this as an announcement later.

@Eox said:
    I might put this as an announcement later.

When a French moderator for a video game cares about your politics, you know you're in deep waters.

• emjotemjot Posts: 135

@AlbinMatt said:

@Eox said:
    I might put this as an announcement later.

When a French moderator for a video game cares about your politics, you know you're in deep waters.

nonUS people should support US citizens in this matter, if we won't we may be next, UE is capable of doing stuff like this.

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,027Moderator

I announced the thread in off topic and recent discussions and took the liberty to change the title a bit.

• Non Americans also care, cause of globalization and how every other country has "Follow the Leader" mentality, when it comes to American trends.

RIP DB
    Like TF2, buried under gambling addicts and whales, forgetting the core gameplay.

• There is two sides in this fight

Government Regulated Internet (the current status quo) (The one people are fighting for)
    and
    ISP Regulated Internet (if the so-called net neutrality dies)

both are not in any way "Neutral" or "Good"

The Govt. Regulated Internet currently used for spreading propaganda aimed at citizen to work against their own interest (thx to Obama Propaganda Ban was lifted on christmas)

The ISP Regulated Internet in concept is more freedom because you can choose ISP that arent scumbags who sells private data but then, to own or create a start up ISP, one must jump through hundreds of loops and hoops to the point that it would take years until you get your first profit.

the ideal scenario is people will flock to the Good guy cheap ISP and free market will sort these scumbags out.

the reality is big corporate like google cant even do good with google fiber in some area because there are no government support. If Google, the biggest baddest most influential company out there cant do it, how the hell a good guy ISP will start up and expect no competition?

If the-so-called net neutrality dies we're screwd
    if the Govt. Regulated Internet lives only USA gets screwd

pick your poison.

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で

• Oh, you silly rebels. Nothing to worry about here! Just go out and buy our Spyware-ridden, datamining, and talking advertisement smart home devices this holiday season and all will be well!

... I despise Google, AT&T, FaceBook, and many others. Load up those Linux machines or DuckDuckGo with a VPN, folks. The age of censorship and intrusion is already beginning. I wonder where we've seen these things throughout history before. Hmm.

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 923

@GatoCommodore said:

The ideal scenario won't happen unfortunately, like you said.

The free market created monopolization that killed business start ups in the late 1800s and started Anti-Trust laws

The big wig ISPs have already tried merging several times (see: Time Warner and ATT) and gotten slapped by the DOJ, but those are likely to roll out anyway. There are already large places throughout the country where you only get one option for internet service, and the operating company is too big for the little good guy startup to ever hope to operate in those areas.

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,291Special Editor

@Wintergreen said:
    Oh, you silly rebels. Nothing to worry about here! Just go out and buy our Spyware-ridden, datamining, and talking advertisement smart home devices this holiday season and all will be well!

... I despise Google, AT&T, FaceBook, and many others. Load up those Linux machines or DuckDuckGo with a VPN, folks. The age of censorship and intrusion is already beginning. I wonder where we've seen these things throughout history before. Hmm.

There's a book called 1984. Linux machines, VPNs, etc, only go so far. You have to have a provider, and providers can still track bandwidth influxes. Only a matter of time.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• @Xenithos said:

@Wintergreen said:
    Oh, you silly rebels. Nothing to worry about here! Just go out and buy our Spyware-ridden, datamining, and talking advertisement smart home devices this holiday season and all will be well!

There's a book called 1984. Linux machines, VPNs, etc, only go so far. You have to have a provider, and providers can still track bandwidth influxes. Only a matter of time.

Great book. Atlas Shrugged and the rest of Ayn Rand's work are among my favorites as well. Agree with your point entirely, though. A quiet life is all I ask for and that's gradually evaporating away. Not much of a doomsday theorist, but the **** goin' on throughout the world and especially the west is pretty scary. Lots of parallels to draw from some not-so-pleasant times in the past.

edited December 2017

Psat, while we're being all rebellious and such, anyone got a free pdf of 1984? Books are a fortune here, except the government approved dreadful romance novels, which is ironic considering how mad the censorship department is about the smallest of feminine curve.

• EB7D6B26E341EB7D6B26E341 Posts: 26
    edited December 2017

The American public is finally getting the gatekeepers to information we we so long yearned for! It's a bright future ahead indeed: my ISP stocks are already up by twenty percent! God bless America and our tremendously beloved great commander Trump!

@GatoCommodore said:

YES, EXACTLY! The rest of y'all need to STOP being such SHEEPLE, listening to FAKE NEWS and instead OPEN YOUR EYES and see the TRUTH, like GatoCommodore here, a fine citizen and excellent crusader, and quite a thinker's man I might add, who is an inspiration of light to us all, handsomely showering his wisdom!

Post edited by EB7D6B26E341 on
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,838
    edited December 2017

@EB7D6B26E341 said:
    The American public is finally getting the gatekeepers to information we we so long yearned for! It's a bright future ahead indeed: my ISP stocks are already up by twenty percent! God bless America and our tremendously beloved great commander Trump!

@GatoCommodore said:

YES, EXACTLY! The rest of y'all need to STOP being such SHEEPLE, listening to FAKE NEWS and instead OPEN YOUR EYES and see the TRUTH, like GatoCommodore here, a fine citizen and excellent crusader, and quite a thinker's man I might add, who is an inspiration of light to us all, handsomely showering his wisdom!

I work on IT and knew exactly well how the government can blocks certain information flow on the internet.

They let certain information roam free while extensively blocks other, hides it from public view or shut it down when it was early. Ironically they called it COINTELPRO or COunter INTELligence PROgram and its pretty naive if people believe the govt. never tried this before.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

"FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover issued directives governing COINTELPRO, ordering FBI agents to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise Neutralize" the activities of these movements and especially their leaders."

One of their method is to point out that people who even considers government are allowing certain propaganda to slip out as "Conspiracy Theorist" and thus everybody just ignore the possibility of it exsist and blindly accept what govt. told them.

after all, Ignorance Is Strength

@AlbinMatt said:
    Psat, while we're being all rebellious and such, anyone got a free pdf of 1984?

https://archive.org/details/NINETEENEIGHTY-FOUR1984ByGeorgeOrwellPDFAudioBook
    https://ia800201.us.archive.org/8/items/NINETEENEIGHTY-FOUR1984ByGeorgeOrwellPDFAudioBook/1984.pdf

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で

edited December 2017

@GatoCommodore said:
    [sic]

That's irrelevant on the subject of net neutrality, which is about federal regulations on ISP's, prohibiting discrimination on requests of information. But you would not be a good conspiracy theorist of you did not mix unrelated issues together. ;)

A bit late to add I guess, but I realized I didn't ever explain the info about FCC getting a ton of botted/hacked comments from people pushing for net neutrality to be removed. Here's an Imgur link I guess. It's more convenient and easy to follow than most news outlets. Several of the bots etc also used real people's identities to post.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,958
    edited December 2017

@Xenithos said:
    A bit late to add I guess, but I realized I didn't ever explain the info about FCC getting a ton of botted/hacked comments from people pushing for net neutrality to be removed. Here's an Imgur link I guess. It's more convenient and easy to follow than most news outlets. Several of the bots etc also used real people's identities to post.

He has no isue with and fullynsupports the fake anti net neutrality bot posts and is accepting them yet claims the pro netneutrality posts are invalid because they dont state any legal reasons for saving it. In other words isp doesn want it so all the pro netneutrality posts were the fake bots because americans realy dont want it.

Time to flood the people above disps&>// pai emails as they can still stop him.

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

I'd like to NOT be arrested for flooding certain people with email spam, whether or not I have the bot is none of your concern. :smile:

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,838
    edited December 2017

@EB7D6B26E341 said:

@GatoCommodore said:
    [sic]

That's irrelevant on the subject of net neutrality, which is about federal regulations on ISP's, prohibiting discrimination on requests of information.

is it different than

They let certain information roam free while extensively blocks other, hides it from public view or shut it down when it was early.

it is very relevant because both are bad and were forced to choose the lesser evil between the two.

Net Neutrality is the "Legalized COINTELPRO"

核P-MODEL-白く巨大で

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,958

@Xenithos said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

I'd like to NOT be arrested for flooding certain people with email spam, whether or not I have the bot is none of your concern. :smile:

???? Flood as in every one send an email wtf when did i say u had a bot??? Lol

edited December 2017

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

???? Flood as in every one send an email wtf when did i say u had a bot??? Lol

I was making a joke. I made a post about how the FCC was flooded by FAKE comments and emails from BOTS using REAL people's identities. Then you said "time to flood the people above dips pai" (in almost a really messed up robot way) so I joked back saying I wasn't going to go to jail for doing the same thing to him about what was done to the FCC. I know what you meant, you just can't seem to type well sometimes and I made a joke about it.

edited December 2017

@GatoCommodore said:
    [sic]

The second quote sounds like something from the Snowden revelations. And YES, they are completely different unrelated issues. One is about consumer protection and the other is about illegal surveillance. How are we going to curb illegal state surveillance by dismantling consumer protection? (Hint: We're not!)
    The provisions regarding 'net neutrality' implemented under the Obama administration was not about making the government in control of the internet, in fact it made no difference on the subject. It made it law, or rather updated the law to modern standards, that ISP's may not discriminate on requests of information from its users. Removing that law makes zero difference on who's controlling the Internets infrastructure (which is the ISP's.) The difference is, which is made possible with a repeal of the law and a new reclassification of ISP's to non-telecommunication providers, that it is no longer prohibited for ISP's to discriminate against its users requests for information.
    Snowden's revelations concern me too! Let us not forget the provisions relating to that was implemented under the Bush II presidency, a republican congress and various iterations of the P. A. T. R. I. O. T. Act, also supported by a great number of establishment Democrats. It just has nothing to do with 'net neutrality'.
    When we talk about 'net neutrality', we are talking about it in a defined legal and parliamentary context, not in a literal interpretation of the words. It is not inducive to comprehension to mix the topics of net neutrality and the surveillance state together.

*poke
    So... How is it going? The headlines are scaring me a bit, but I haven't read any article yet.

edited December 2017

The enforcement of netneutrality has been eliminated on american soil.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/technology/net-neutrality-repeal-vote.html