November 6th - Fine Tuning Update

MooBaBeMooBaBe Posts: 6Moderator, Developer

New post-game information and breakdowns, Javelin tweaks and additional changes headline this week's Fine Tuning Update.

Post-Match Screen Changes

So we heard you like stats...

We've added a new section to the post-match screen that contains a more detailed breakdown of every player's match statistics, along with some additional improvements.

  • Added new post-match 'Advanced Stats' screen
  • Added a new post-match breakdown of credits earned
  • Added new post-match XP progression bar
  • Fixed bug where no notification was displayed for dropped Equipment Cases in post match screen

Weapon Stats

Weapon Stats in your Profile are now being recorded again, after a change to the codebase left them unable to log data. Sadly, as the system was not logging during the down time, your stats for that period can't be retroactively added to your profile.

As before, Merc Ability Weapon Stats are not being recorded. We will be removing these from the profile section in a future update.

Updated Telemetry System

In a recent Developer Update video we talked about the upcoming changes to our in-game telemetry system.

This system allows us to drill down into game data; looking at Merc usage and effectiveness, weapon usage and accuracy and much, much more. We're happy to announce that the system is online in this update, and we'll be combining the results with your feedback and our own experience to better balance weapons, Mercs and more.

Jackal's Eve Changes

  • Added x5 and x10 Jackal's Eve Equipment Case bundles to the Store
  • Fixed bug where Pumpkin Trinket sound wasn't audible for other players

Javelin Changes

We are continually monitoring Javelin's performance in game and community feedback. This is an additional round of tweaks, but expect more changes in future updates.

  • Reduced speed of Guided mode projectile from 1400 to 1360
  • Reduced speed of Standard mode projectile from 2200 to 1980
  • Increased charge time from 1.0s to 1.2s

Other Changes

  • Added a new system notification to the chat when a player joins a match in progress
  • Improved contrast on Daily Play Rewards screen
  • Improved alignment of ability icons in Merc profile
  • Added Daily Play Missions for Guardian and Javelin
  • Tweaked Server Browser image
  • Removed access to Get, Getall and Set commands in the developer console to prevent exploits
  • Fixed bug where Skyhammer's Airstrike directional indicator was sometimes not visible
  • Fixed bug where Arty's laser designator would be invalid when targeting overhanging geometry
  • Fixed bug where selecting 'Crafting Kits x10' would link to 'Crafting Kit x1' store page
  • Fixed bug where the Assault Course pop-up is not displayed for new users after playing a match for the first time
  • Fixed bug where Guardian's Sky Shield drone wouldn't orientate to point the laser
  • Fixed bug where one of Guardian's Sky Shield drone legs would excessively clip in to level geometry
  • Fixed inconsistent Merc Swap notification when switching between Merc slots
  • Fixed bug where leaving a match just after the result screen would cause the UI to malfunction

Comments

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 258

    @MooBaBe said:
    Added x5 and x10 Jackal's Eve Equipment Case bundles to the Store

    Guess better late than never. Sad this is implemented only 1 day before the end of the event.

    Nice improvements on the scoreboard though. And need to test Javelin with those new nerfs.

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,733

    So how many hidden nerfs/buffs and new bugs are there

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • x3mytizx3mytiz Posts: 115

    @Mc1412013: 609,9 MB.

  • FragUFragU Posts: 14

    Instead of removing console commands they should add some..-.-#GimmeBackExe

    At least they did not fixed the objective message system overload... :facepalm:

    When you play on a map where you have to deliver a Core, like Vault, Chapel, Dome, etc. it is possible to overload the message system by taking /dropping the core multipletimes
    (Do it for like a minute and it will continue displaying "We've got the objective" "We lost the objective" even if you stopped taking/dropping).
    This can be used to confuse enemy's or to annoy your teammates. They will still see "Dropped/taken/dropped/taken/....) while you're sneaky peaky deliver it.

    It works cause you can faster take/drop the core then the messages are displayed.

    Anyway...game is dying anyway...quantity instead of quality is a bad business concept...Tons of useless loadouts, but hey let's throw away the 6 unreleased Execution maps and remove the game mode entirely to get a bigger player base..
    Great to see were having finally less people playing then when Execution was still active. gj SD....worked well the new strategy didn't it? :facepalm²:

  • blufflordblufflord Posts: 577

    @FragU said:

    Anyway...game is dying anyway...quantity instead of quality is a bad business concept...Tons of useless loadouts, but hey let's throw away the 6 unreleased Execution maps and remove the game mode entirely to get a bigger player base..
    Great to see were having finally less people playing then when Execution was still active. gj SD....worked well the new strategy didn't it? :facepalm²:

    Execution is over dude, just move on.
    They didn't remove it to increase the playerbase, it wasn't worth testing every update against it when only 5% play time occurred there.

  • FragUFragU Posts: 14
    edited November 6

    The thing with the 5% is bullshit. Like most of their statistics are just incomplete/bugged. As we've seen in latest update with the lost stats..

    They just could have left it there "as it is" as "alpha-feature" or something like that.. but removing it, is a big step backwards...Now we get a lot of useless skins and ridiculous events..wtf?
    Exe had the best "team experience" from all game modes..
    Obj/SW will never ever have that kind of teamwork, like reviving is useless if you can respawn with full hp. No respawn = Better team experience.

    Its just fact that they have now LESS players then before execution shutdown. Just look at the steam-stats..so all they did the last months to increase playerbase was going 3 steps back...like the game was 2015.. and where we now? Obj/Sw still same @$!# as it was 2015..Nothing really changed..

  • B_MontielB_Montiel Posts: 1,002

    @MooBaBe Has the mine bug been reported ? Since the last mine I've noticed situations where stickies and nader eggs explosive are not registering damage on mines. Is this worked on ?

  • emjotemjot Posts: 111

    Game is dying - I heard that a lot from WolfET players. Like 12 years, then 2 years later, 5 years later and guess what, people still play the game, and people still say this game is dead.

    DB is in beta, not oven officially released and some say it's dying, the same people will say that in 1-3 years.

    @FragU said:
    The thing with the 5% is bullshit...

    You must have some NDA if you say it's bullshit since you didn't present any evidence to back your words up OR it's you who talk bs.

    They explained why this mode was removed, we moved on yet you go with your Illuminati thing.

    I have a faith in SD, they proved they are capable of really good things, and like any other developer communicate with players and they listen to us. Don't expect they will do whatever some group of ppl will ask them to do. Business doesn't work like that.

    I know there is a lot of teenagers who disagree with this, but SD is going into good direction, and those who know how game business looks like will agree on that.

    Also there will always be some sort of thing which needs to be fixed but is low prio, but people will like to cry about some @$!# which is not even relevant to the gameplay.

    I guess, you cannot please everyone.

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,316

    @emjot said:
    Game is dying - I heard that a lot from WolfET players. Like 12 years, then 2 years later, 5 years later and guess what, people still play the game, and people still say this game is dead.

    DB is in beta, not oven officially released and some say it's dying, the same people will say that in 1-3 years.

    @FragU said:
    The thing with the 5% is bullshit...

    You must have some NDA if you say it's bullshit since you didn't present any evidence to back your words up OR it's you who talk bs.

    They explained why this mode was removed, we moved on yet you go with your Illuminati thing.

    I have a faith in SD, they proved they are capable of really good things, and like any other developer communicate with players and they listen to us. Don't expect they will do whatever some group of ppl will ask them to do. Business doesn't work like that.

    I know there is a lot of teenagers who disagree with this, but SD is going into good direction, and those who know how game business looks like will agree on that.

    Also there will always be some sort of thing which needs to be fixed but is low prio, but people will like to cry about some @$!# which is not even relevant to the gameplay.

    I guess, you cannot please everyone.

    Well...every game is dying...none will last forever.

  • azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 82
    edited November 7

    @Mc1412013 said:
    So how many hidden nerfs/buffs and new bugs are there

    hidden bug: favorited cards resets and not saved,
    hidden fixed after hotfix

  • azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 82
    edited November 8

    Wait! Did they said they have disabled 'set' command?
    Because I can't do practice map again, the command Eox said is useless now. Like testing some stuff (practice molotov weird throwing mechanic, placeable turret location, practice walljump, etc)
    Oh devs, please do alternative to prevent exploit, not disable the whole 'SET' command.

    You make wall and floor "absorb" all melee damage because of katana can stab through some wall right? Don't do something like that anymore. If you want player not "exploit" console command to get achievements, just disable achievements on that offline mode. Other games can do that, why can't you?
    Or a better way, add an offline practice mode.

    Post edited by azz_abdr on
  • Can mines and melee actually be fixed instead of going back and forth between broken and serviceable with every update?

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 258

    Is it possible to have the same complete info in the recent matches tab ? Especially the accuracy (head)

Sign In or Register to comment.