Hibernation...

TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 2,173
edited November 2017 in Off Topic

I envy these animals. They don't need to put up with cold and constant horrible mood (thanks weather!), and yet we humans can't...

Think of all the resources and power we'd save, if we could just hibernate!

Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

Comments

  • bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,122
    edited November 2017

    Winter is the only time of year I like

    And I'm the kinda guy that thinks about how much more he could accomplish if he didn't have to sleep

    So yay winter cold and BOO sleep

    D=

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 619
    edited November 2017

    I despise the heat despite being used to it. I've lived all over the south and in the desert out west, but also been to just about every state at one point or another and have a trip to Poland and Russia planned with the woman in a few years. I would rather live in a place that averages sub zero temperatures throughout the winter than a place that stays 80+ degrees 8 months out of the year.

    Suppose it doesn't help that concrete work and welding is even more exposure to heat. **** that, it's a smothering feeling. My blood runs too hot and my patience is too thin to deal with that year-round. There's no better feeling in the world than stepping outside into frost with wet hair, feeling your eyes get glazed over with warm tears from that gust of icy wind, the hairs on your arms raising, and sitting out near a bonfire in the snowy woods. That and winter activities beat summer ones by far. I love the cold. It keeps me sharp. This reason alone is why I might be moving to Alaska later in life and trying to get on the pipelines. Until then, I'll be happy in KY and Tennessee. Gives me the best of both worlds and at least we get lots of snow and rain with occasional single digit temp days in winter. Oh, and sleeping when it's freezing outside is heavenly. Best sleep you'll ever get. That's my hibernation light. Whereas sleeping in the summer is pure misery.

    Edit: Forgot the best part of winter. Most people hate it and stay inside. It thins the herd. Less traffic and fewer people doing things in general. It's wonderful. Slows the world down, brings families together, and feels like quiet peace. Okay, my long rant about weather is over. I hate the summer and love the winter in case y'all haven't gathered that.

  • @bgyoshi said:
    Winter is the only time of year I like

    And I'm the kinda guy that thinks about how much more he could accomplish if he didn't have to sleep

    So yay winter cold and BOO sleep

    D=

    While we're at it, imagine how great would it be, if we also didn't need to eat/drink or take a dump, or breathe air.

    Why didn't we evolved a natural lifetime batteries? So much energy is wasted by consuming stuff...

    Dirty Bomb = Lawbreakers 2.0 Electric Boogaloo

  • bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 1,122

    @TheStrangerous said:

    Why didn't we evolved a natural lifetime batteries? So much energy is wasted by consuming stuff...

    I guess it depends on who you talk to

    The machines in The Matrix think we're excellent batteries

  • @TheStrangerous said:

    @bgyoshi said:
    Winter is the only time of year I like

    And I'm the kinda guy that thinks about how much more he could accomplish if he didn't have to sleep

    So yay winter cold and BOO sleep

    D=

    While we're at it, imagine how great would it be, if we also didn't need to eat/drink or take a dump, or breathe air.

    Why didn't we evolved a natural lifetime batteries? So much energy is wasted by consuming stuff...

    that would violate the laws of physics

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,283
    edited November 2017

    I hate winter i. I work outside 70% of the day nuff said.
    .
    .
    I wish i could go back to being a kid where being outside for hours didnt bother me. Snow was fun not a chore. And i prayed for snow days to not have to go to school instead of praying that the jackasses runing things doesnt make me drive 30 miles through 2 feet of snow just to sit there and watch them reschedule the jobs anyway.

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

Sign In or Register to comment.