Game Recommendations?

Hi again, beautiful people. I'm lookin' for a new game to try and get into and I figured I'd drop this question here 'cause I'm not much of a gamer anymore. Don't really follow much and I'm not even sure if there's a genre for what I want to find. I'll just list some games I love and let y'all run with it from there. I think I'm pretty much looking for a shooter with MMO and RPG elements. A loot system, trading, collectibles, co-op or PvP multiplayer, maybe open world? Idk. Somethin' that will keep me hooked for a long time. The original Borderlands is the best example I can think of, but I'm nearing 10k hours on it over the years and I know the game from the inside out. There's nothing else I can do at this point.

Defiance and Planetside were cool, but too heavy on the MMO/RPG to keep me interested. I didn't like Destiny, but something along those lines is probably what I'm aiming for. The Division and the new Player Unknown Battleground game looks good, but I don't think they have a loot system that'll keep me hooked. Hmm. What else? Maybe like a L4D or Killing Floor with more open world or collectible elements? Idk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm open to whatever.

Comments

• TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,539

Shadow Warrior 2?
    It became a lootfest, contrary to the prequel.
    Of course it's melee oriented for the most part, but you can still have fun using guns. It also has co-op.

• WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 375
    edited October 12

@TheStrangerous said:
    Shadow Warrior 2?

I just checked out some gameplay trailers and it looks awesome. Definitely a game I think I'd have fun playing and I'll keep an eye open on sales, but does it have any replay value in the end? It seems like a once and done type of game. This ruined (well, not ruined but didn't keep me playing) a lot of other games for me like Dishonered, Witcher, DOOM, Bulletstorm, Far Cry, the old Turok, the Metro games, RAGE, and so on. When I'm not playing a multiplayer shooter like DB or CoD4, I want that one game on the side I can always have stuff to do on for years. So far Borderlands is the only game I've got into that had that kind of lasting value.

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,694

Life is pretty fun, and it has some real benefits, the graphics are amazing, the women are so realistic, downside is that one life thing is a pretty harsh design choice. They really oughta buff that, that and my charisma and confidence take forever to level up.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,539

@Wintergreen said:

@TheStrangerous said:
    Shadow Warrior 2?

I just checked out some gameplay trailers and it looks awesome. Definitely a game I think I'd have fun playing and I'll keep an eye open on sales, but does it have any replay value in the end? It seems like a once and done type of game. This ruined (well, not ruined but didn't keep me playing) a lot of other games for me like Dishonered, Witcher, DOOM, Bulletstorm, Far Cry, the old Turok, the Metro games, RAGE, and so on. When I'm not playing a multiplayer shooter like DB or CoD4, I want that one game on the side I can always have stuff to do on for years. So far Borderlands is the only game I've got into that had that kind of lasting value.

It has NG+ and higher difficulty levels, and more loot and crafting, etc.

• WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 375

@watsyurdeal said:
    Life is pretty fun, and it has some real benefits, the graphics are amazing, the women are so realistic, downside is that one life thing is a pretty harsh design choice. They really oughta buff that, that and my charisma and confidence take forever to level up.

Preaching to the choir here, man. It's not always fun when you do concrete finishing 4 to 5 days a week and learn to weld on your off days, though. That's why I don't follow much with games anymore and limit myself to only a game or 2 at a time. A competitive multiplayer (DB for the past 2 years) and a time killer I can pick up whenever I'm bored and continue where I left off. That's probably why games with collecting are the only things that stick to me anymore.

@TheStrangerous said:
    It has NG+ and higher difficulty levels, and more loot and crafting, etc.

Saved in a wishlist! Thanks. 0% surprised a game recommendation from you had dual-wielding. ;)

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,694

Well Destiny 2 is pretty chill like the first one, it's not super complex, competitive, or anything like that. It's just relaxing to play.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • henki000henki000 Posts: 240

Have you played Fallouts already? I know it's not multiplayer, but who knows what mods bring you in the future.

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 943

@henki000 said:
    Have you played Fallouts already? I know it's not multiplayer, but who knows what mods bring you in the future.

Too continue the modular train, XCOM 2 is always depressingly fun, and masochistically enthralling with the Long War mod. Word of warning, the War of the Chosen expansion made a lot of old mods unusable, as mpdmakers need to rewrite the codes to fit WotC's needs.