Guardian nerf or buff

Comments

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,206
    Buff

@neverplayseriou said:
    Idk why people even want to buff her, Phoenix is just as bad at healing his team as guardian is, the only diff is a few second cooldown on her revives which I would definitely trade off for a drone that blocks explosives...

You're playing Phoenix wrong if he's "bad at healing his team" especially if you compare his healing to that of Guardian (which, reminding you, is none.)

I think the cooldown on her revive is actually okay. I mean, if you hear a greande pin drop, or something else, you can actually start charging it, and keep it held until the friendly goes down and BOOM, instant revive.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• henki000henki000 Posts: 253
    edited October 13
    Buff

I would concentrate all my buff energy to the ball. Ball needs to be stronger, maybe even follow guardian.

EDIT: Batons should be better too. How about use mouse 1 + 2 for blocking?

Post edited by henki000 on
  • @OwynTyler said:
    I totally think her drone could heal, like 1\2 or 1\3 of what aura station does, and have no duration limit - that's the merc we expected, not the trash we got...

Yeah, if the drone wasn't time-limited and was healing a little, I'd use her.

To be fair, I do think Aura is OP because the healing station is a massive advantage. But I can't imagine Aura changing anymore, thus it's other mercs that should be adapted to match Aura, if Aura is considered fair.

• @Xerny said:
    2. You have an ability that if you use quickly enough you can basically counter it.

lol I'd like to see you counter javelin's rocket like that.
    But even airstrikes, I'm sure some will managed to react to them as they improve, but right now I haven't witnessed that even just once. And I've killed people using rockets through the shield, so even what's there isn't working.

• @watsyurdeal said:
    People seem to not get her role, she is a 2nd medic. She's not meant to self sustain, not meant to do the job of Sawbonez, she's meant to be the one who comes in and Revives everyone if the Medic goes down or if a nade takes out a few people. The utility she offers is why you pick her up, she's definitely niche tier, but she does AMAZING within that niche.

Except that this game was "supposedly" designed as 5 vs 5, there's no room for a waste of a merc like this. If this game was 15 vs 15, yeah she might fit.

• 376E1AE459B1376E1AE459B1 Posts: 91
    edited October 13

@neverplayseriou said:
    Idk why people even want to buff her, Phoenix is just as bad at healing his team as guardian is,

phoenix has healing..

Btw, the revive & sky shield could have been the SAME thing. Imagine the revive dome being the skyshield. An airstrike or rocket arrives, you can protect everyone under your revive dome, if you time it perfectly. Here it would make sense for it to be (very) time-limited, so that you couldn't spam it.
    So, a multi-purpose revive/healing/protection dome, I'd use that. You spot an airstrike, time your dome right and you save everyone under it. Then give it some cooldown time to be fair.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622
    Buff

@376E1AE459B1 said:

@Xerny said:
    2. You have an ability that if you use quickly enough you can basically counter it.

lol I'd like to see you counter javelin's rocket like that.
    But even airstrikes, I'm sure some will managed to react to them as they improve, but right now I haven't witnessed that even just once. And I've killed people using rockets through the shield, so even what's there isn't working.

the drone can only shoot down projectile in line of sight. so if the drone is hidden even tho the bubble appears, it wont stop the rocket.

it does works as intended.

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,741

@376E1AE459B1 said:

@watsyurdeal said:
    People seem to not get her role, she is a 2nd medic. She's not meant to self sustain, not meant to do the job of Sawbonez, she's meant to be the one who comes in and Revives everyone if the Medic goes down or if a nade takes out a few people. The utility she offers is why you pick her up, she's definitely niche tier, but she does AMAZING within that niche.

Except that this game was "supposedly" designed as 5 vs 5, there's no room for a waste of a merc like this. If this game was 15 vs 15, yeah she might fit.

Lol, there's always 2 medics in any temp comp, you'll never have one single medic, cause if they go down everyone is @$!#. So she has a place, just because she's new and you don't know how to use her yet doesn't mean she's bad, people said the exact same thing about Sparks.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 82
    Buff

What I'm okay with:

• no healing ability
    • revive cooldown

What I think needs to rework:

• Change the drone life span to how many projectiles it can counter, then 20s cooldown.
    Buff

@azz_abdr said:
    What I'm okay with:

• no healing ability
    • revive cooldown

What I think needs to rework:

• Change the drone life span to how many projectiles it can counter, then 20s cooldown.

How is that a buff? It has a 20 second cooldown once it's finished shooting projectiles? Can still be shot down, etc... so basically give it a 2 second longer cooldown but change it's functionality so it's no longer a reactionary ability and one that sits until it's used or destroyed?

I honestly like where it's at...

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• LoafOfBreadLoafOfBread Posts: 460
    edited October 13
    Buff

I honestly think the ball of memes duration is too low if you count in HOW MUCH @$!# PROJECTILE SPAM THERE IS IN A SINGLE FUCKITY @$!# OF A STOPWATCH GAME

BUT THEN THINKING AGAIN IT WOULD MAKE MY TURTLE AURA AMMO STATION GUARDIAN STRATEGY A BIT TOO @$!# OP......NEVER MIND THATS EVEN BETTER

• Buff

Maybe give the ball a close range SNITCH effect, 3-5 meters?

Maybe the revive dome can heal 50 hp when you fully charge it(not on downed teammates, just wounded). Only works when fully charged.

Maybe 10 more hp and 10 less speed?

• boerhaeboerhae Posts: 230
    Nerf

Buff her. I didn't mean to say nerf lol

Buff

@boerhae said:

Uh huh! Sure!

• frostyvampirefrostyvampire Posts: 1,117
    Buff

Guardian herself feels really weak compared to other medics. But her weapon is OP.
    I think Guardian herself needs a buff but the Hurtsall needs a small nerf.
    I would say let her heal with the revive but it might hurt Phoenix a bit and my suggestion for it didn't do so well so I'll suggest something else:

Remove the cooldown on her revive, or at least make it really short (maybe 3 seconds) but still be no cooldown if you miss. I'm currently scared to charge up my revive because if my teammate dies before I can revive them, that's 10 seconds of no revive. And if I miss it feels even worse.
    It could also have a cooldown depending on how many players were revived, 3 seconds per teammate revived sounds good to me.

Then, make her drone easier to throw and get to good places. As it is now, hitting Q (or whatever your keybind is) just throws the drone in front if you. You can't hold it to properly position yourself, you can't choose to drop it right under your feet or to throw it 10 meters away.

The drone change is just quality of life. The revive cooldown change will make her actually able to do her job as a medic without being afraid to charge up the revive and in ranked, you will be able to injure enemies and revive them with full health without much risk so she will even be able to be a healer (kinda)

• FalC_16FalC_16 Posts: 816
    Buff

just buff the revive utility...no cooldown and it'be perfect.

• BazBlingBazBling Posts: 362
    Nerf

Clicked nerf when i meant to click buff, sorry i was drunk and Kira was lazering me!

• BazBlingBazBling Posts: 362
    Nerf

@boerhae said:

LMAO.. i feel ya bro

• Dys[fn]alDys[fn]al Posts: 66
    Buff

Her new primary needs a buff, it just can't compete with the M4 and Timik.

I hate her new secondary. But that's just preference. I also hate the M9, and it's just a more extreme version of what makes the M9 what it is.

I think her batons are fine? Tbh all of the swings are super short range now (except the Beckhill and Stilnotto, those are reasonable). As soon as the slash ranges are fixed we can get a better idea of how good the melee weapons are.

Her abilities as a whole need to be stronger, specifically her revive. After her abilities are on par with others I would reduce her hp by 10, but that's just me.

• SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,364
    Buff

@Dys[fn]al said:
    Her new primary needs a buff, it just can't compete with the M4 and Timik.

I hate her new secondary. But that's just preference. I also hate the M9, and it's just a more extreme version of what makes the M9 what it is.

I think her batons are fine? Tbh all of the swings are super short range now (except the Beckhill and Stilnotto, those are reasonable). As soon as the slash ranges are fixed we can get a better idea of how good the melee weapons are.

Her abilities as a whole need to be stronger, specifically her revive. After her abilities are on par with others I would reduce her hp by 10, but that's just me.

I like the gun, but I think it could use a slightly higher mag. If it's supposed to be like the Hochfir of AR's then I think it could use at least 5 rounds more a mag.

The Hoch has 10 or more rounds than the other SMGs so I don't see why the 2k couldn't add a few more rounds.

• Dys[fn]alDys[fn]al Posts: 66
    Buff

@whatsurdeal I think it would be best of it were similar to the HB sensor and snitch, where it goes down just as the cooldown ends

Buff

@watsyurdeal said:
    I don't know why the drone has a duration, feels like it's not necessary with how easy it is to take down.

because fire support mercs has long cooldown.

You're still alive

• Buff

In regards to guardian. She is great on frontline with Assault weapons. However, the drone bot is essentially useless. Her lack of healing makes her useless as a medic. Bionic pulse is an awesome concept, but its not in a good place. Here's what i would do.

For her Bionic Pulse.
    1. Remove cool down and reduce range slightly.
    2. allow it to heal mercs at 66% health quick tap, 100% full charge.
    3. Add an offensive vampire ability in which BP does damage to enemy team. The damage delt is leeched back to your HP and teammates within 5 meters of you. Damage could be done based on charge level.

For her interceptor Drone.
    1. Remove self destruct duration, let it sit until the enemy is smart enough to shoot it up.
    2. increase cool down before dropping another unit.
    3. Allow it to protect from Kira's satellite.

Reason for drone, is because 10 seconds of uptime is to short in stopwatch games where a full team of artys can alternate spaming EV.

But she needs to be able to heal. I think a vampire leech effect from BP is more unique than a walking aura station. at 1/4 healing rate.

Buff

@MikeGreene1990
    let me put it this way

her drone can tank over over 200dmg

if rhino can get one shotted by arty strike then its double the amount of damage being tanked by the dome.

what makes her weak in medics, is good in keep the team alive holding routes, generator, C4 plant from air support and explosives.

tho i do support the idea giving the drone the ability to start natural hp regen if someone enters the dome

You're still alive

• Buff

@GatoCommodore said:
    @MikeGreene1990
    let me put it this way

her drone can tank over over 200dmg

if rhino can get one shotted by arty strike then its double the amount of damage being tanked by the dome.

what makes her weak in medics, is good in keep the team alive holding routes, generator, C4 plant from air support and explosives.

tho i do support the idea giving the drone the ability to start natural hp regen if someone enters the dome

Yes but the drone destroys itself even when placed behind an object for direct line of sight of the skies. The problem with the drone is that it can block nothing and still die in 10-20 seconds. Whatever the self destruct rate is.

Also her revive does not impress me one bit... if it had no cool down sure..

• Buff

@GatoCommodore Im not a fan of the drone providing healing. If thats the case than it shouldn't self destruct at all or be on a timer. I would rather see a leeching vampire effect through her BP that heals you and teammates within radius of you. Its more unique.

No reason for her drone to be another aura station even if its diminished at a healing rate.

• PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 307
    edited October 16

@MikeGreene1990 said:
    Reason for drone, is because 10 seconds of uptime is to short in stopwatch games where a full team of artys can alternate spaming EV.

Nothing prevent your team to have a full team of Guardian that alternate their drone...

People shouldn't see the drone as a preventive ability, like Turtle's shield, but a reactive one, like... well, no merc actually has such ability. This is the kind of gameplay where, when you see a Fragger, a Nader, or a Jav coming to you, instead of running away like before, you put your drone and stand your ground. And considering the duration gain a slight recharge for each projectile destroyed, i find the drone fine as it is.

@MikeGreene1990 said:
    The problem with the drone is that it can block nothing and still die in 10-20 seconds. Whatever the self destruct rate is.

Just think that maybe it prevents enemy mercs using their ability. If an ennemy Nader or Arty see a deployed drone, she/he won't use her/his ability. So your drone, even if it doesn't directly block incoming projectile, it prevents in some way enemy mercs to spam your position.
    In fact, the only merc that is losing a lot here is Skyhammer, because there is so much time between when the marker is thrown and when the plane come out, that it let plenty of time to Guardian to deploy her drone (but not enough for enemy to destroy it by shooting it)

As of her revive ability, the only buff she could get is a reduction to her CD. I agree that she's not performing that much as a medic in pub games, but, like Sparks, she becomes way more powerful in FF ON servers, where you can kill and revive your teammate instead of healing them. Having a healing ability would be too powerful and there would be no point of playing Sawbonez or Phoenix anymore.

• Buff

@Ptiloui I dont think you understand how easy it is to take that drone out with gun fire. Also how can you stand your ground in some maps when you are forced to be out of cover on offense. Maps like chapel are aids at times on offense. The drone itself is plain bad. Maybe if it couldn't be shot dead by gun fire, it would be fine the way it is...

Also alot of other things get through it. Kira, Proxy, phantom can disable it im sure. So having 1 merc not use an ability for 10 seconds does not help. You don't understand how bad spamming can get in some maps it's pretty retarded. If it's in an indoor map like underground perhaps. But for its small duration and uptime, i dont even bother throwing it anymore.

I also don't bother reviving anymore either unless i am behind cover. Cooldown is bad at times, what's worse is if you miss, you still have to wait. Ive missed because i couldn't revive through a mesh fence...