Guardian nerf or buff

Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,801
edited October 12 in General Chat

Last one should be "sd pleas buff the crap out of her". I dont know what happened. i went to hit delete and browser went wonky, and i cant edit the pole entry to fix.
@stayfreshshoe @Pinflux can u pass these results to the dev team. I know it only represents a small number but us forum members would like to have some input considered.

Guardian nerf or buff 67 votes

Buff
68%
Nail893545ADF38ELifeupOmegaK1X455KayDubzbinderrMarsRoverSorotiaSithasFalC_16Mc1412013XyfurionXenithosLoafOfBreadNexDroidCryonicArrowl2cSTARRYSOCKClemClem7frostyvampire 46 votes
Nerf
7%
neverplayseriouNeotaxboerhaeBazBlingseagle011 5 votes
Perfect as is
23%
B_MontielGuzioldluxDaaDogHomu1124Cletus_VanDammeDefaultSettingsznuundimLegalMuddyGrenadeShenaynaysBluesquid0630WintergreenSteve_HarveyRokon2Xerny 16 votes
For the love of god nerf her nerf her now
0%
Please sd please biff the cr
0%
Post edited by Mc1412013 on

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

Comments

• dluxdlux Posts: 116
    Perfect as is

Some slight changes are welcome, but definitly no huge buffs or nerfs.

1. You should be able to revive someone if the "ball" hits that person, I bet it's also intended that way but just not working correctly atm.

2. Kira's laser just went straight trough the shield, that's a shame. Maybe I ran out of the shield somehow, but afaik it doesn't stop the kira laser.

• Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,801
    Buff

@dlux said:

1. You should be able to revive someone if the "ball" hits that person, I bet it's also intended that way but just not working correctly atm.

2. Kira's laser just went straight trough the shield, that's a shame. Maybe I ran out of the shield somehow, but afaik it doesn't stop the kira laser.

Not supposed to stop kira laser

• dluxdlux Posts: 116
    Perfect as is

@Mc1412013 said:

@dlux said:

And that's a shame, because Kira's laser is the most annoying and unpredictable support ability.

Buff

@dlux said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@dlux said:

And that's a shame, because Kira's laser is the most annoying and unpredictable support ability.

Who knows in a few weeks we have another merc being released. maybe he or she can take out the laser. Though im surpresed phantom cant disable her controls and prevent her from moving it.

• OwynTylerOwynTyler Posts: 333
    Buff

Make drone destroy only moving deployables ;s not already laying around ones...

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,230
    Buff

@dlux said:

@Mc1412013 said:

Meh, kira's laser is pretty bad against decent players. It's easy as hell to avoid if you pay attention, I'm glad it didn't get an indirect nerf, because Arty's ability was almost always better than kira otherwise.
    Just stay inside or look where it's moving and don't go towards it, lol

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,206
    Buff

Eh, I think she could be better. I see her being more useful in the competitive scene... Honestly, she is the stupidest thing alive when people revive you with 30 hp and you die 4 times... like, thanks, I think I'll just respawn.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,032

Error: Guardian not found, searching for response.

Estimated response time: 2-4 weeks to get Guardian :( .

Roses are red and violets are blue.
    I bang you all!
    Now you're dead too.
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,625
    Buff

let the ball also heals 1hp per second

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

edited October 11
    Buff

Question, why on earth do each of her fudging baton loadouts have double time!? I want baton loadouts without that perk dang it!
    Also, is it just me, or does the loadout with all the new weapons happen to suck the most? Like, I don't like a single perk it gives.

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

Buff

@Lord_Coctus said:

I'm confused, what is this in reference to?

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,032

@Xenithos said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

Nothing... I just don't have her, so I can't give my opinion yet.

Roses are red and violets are blue.
    I bang you all!
    Now you're dead too.
    edited October 11
    Buff

I dont like how she cant heal like sparks. If the reviver overloads i can still manualy heal like non medics till the gun cools down. if u revive some one with guardian u cant even slow revive till the cool down period ends.

• KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    edited October 11
    Buff

Buff for sure

1. No healing ability
    2. Drone has a cooldown that just doesnt fit the ability. Too short imo. And I still get plenty of air strike kills.
    3. Kira laser takes out the drone easily, and the laser remains as equally devastating as before Guardians release. Especially on maps like Chapel.

tbh, Guardian is easily forgettable, and not someone I would play often. The new gun and melee weapon that you get with her only has limited Wow factor. It goes away after a few games with her.

She's useless in ranked I believe. You're much better off with a good Sawbonez, Sparks, or Aura....along with teammates that use their eyes and ears to listen for air strikes.

Forgettable merc is forgettable.

Buff

@KayDubz said:
    Buff for sure

1. No healing ability
    2. Drone has a cooldown that just doesnt fit the ability. Too short imo. And I still get plenty of air strike kills.
    3. Kira laser takes out the drone easily, and the laser remains as equally devastating as before Guardians release. Especially on maps like Chapel.

tbh, Guardian is easily forgettable, and not someone I would play often. The new gun and melee weapon that you get with her only has limited Wow factor. It goes away after a few games with her.

She's useless in ranked I believe. You're much better off with a good Sawbonez, Sparks, or Aura....along with teammates that use their eyes and ears to listen for air strikes.

Forgettable merc is forgettable.

Dunno played 20 games today and hasnt lost the wow factor yet for me. I like her primary way better than the shar c I and my normal favorite of the hotchfir. think her pistol feels too week which maybe because it sounds quiet, and batons are harder to hit with than a knife though im used to katana and cricket bat. I missed a fletcher withs batons and it killed him when she was retracting her arms. Thougj that may have been bad ping on his end as i was 20-24 ping the whole game.

• KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    Buff

Ive also noticed I get revived a lot less by Guardian. Those who play her are too busy trying to be rambo with her assault weapons it seems.

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,625
    Buff

@Xenithos said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

Aliens?

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

• MelinderMelinder Posts: 694
    edited October 11

Wheres the "Delete" poll option.

Yo, Big Shaq, the one and only
    Man's not hot, never hot
    Skrrat, skidi-kat-kat
    Boom

Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths
    Everyday man's on the block, smoke trees
    See your girl in the park, that girl is a uckers
    When the ting went quack-quack-quack, you man were ducking (you man ducked)
    Hold tight, Asznee (my brudda), he's got the pumpy (big ting)
    Hold tight, my man (my guy), he's got the frisbee
    I trap, trap, trap on the phone, movin' that cornflakes
    Rice Krispies, hold tight my girl Whitney (my G)
    On the road doin' ten toes, like my toes (like my toes)
    You man thought I froze, I see a peng girl, then I pose (chilin')
    If she ain't on it, I ghost, hah, look at your nose (check your nose, fam)
    You donut, nose long like garden hose

I tell her man's not hot, I tell her man's not hot
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)

Hop out the four-door with the .44, it was one, two, three and four (us man)
    Chillin' in the corridor (yo), your dad is forty-four
    And he's still callin' man for a draw (look at him), let him know
    When I see him, I'm gonna spin his jaw (finished)
    Take man's Twix by force (take it), send man's shop by force (send him)
    Your girl knows I've got the sauce (flexin'), no ketchup (none)
    Just sauce (saucy), raw sauce
    Ah, yo, boom, ah

The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

I tell her man's not hot (man's not), I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot"

Man can never be hot (never hot), perspiration ting (spray dat)
    Lynx Effect (come on), you didn't hear me, did you? (nah)
    Use roll-on (use that), or spray
    But either way, A-B-C-D (alphabet ting)

The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

Big Shaq, man's not hot
    40 degrees and man's not hot (come on)
    Yo, in the sauna, man's not hot (never hot)
    Yeah, skidika-pap-pap

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,230
    Buff

@KayDubz said:
    Ive also noticed I get revived a lot less by Guardian. Those who play her are too busy trying to be rambo with her assault weapons it seems.

Not even that, it's the stupid cooldown on it. Why someone thought that was a good idea is beyond me. Revive one person and you could be stuck doing nothing for 8 seconds watching your cooldown timer.

edited October 11
    Buff

Just realized that a lot of her load-outs have poor perk synergy, and she has no offensive perks. I.E. - No quick-slash or chopper, (which is honestly a shame...) And she's lacking in any movement perks that are often on lighter mercs (flying pig and springy).

Also... is it just me, or do the perks on her brand new all weapons loadout absolutely SUCK.
    Like, I prefer drilled over the sprint reloading on, I don't honestly feels she needs steady for a 9 second utility drop drone... and I think she seriously doesn't need the freaking quick eye. I'd much rather have focus or chopper OR quickslash... Actually, strike all of those, just having bomb squad (honestly meh with her) or Get up would be fantastic...

Who on earth put these random non synergetic loadouts together. The best ones have the stiletto for crying out loud...

• WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 527
    Perfect as is

Think she's fine, but I do like the idea that other's mentioned above regarding health regeneration.

• znuundznuund Posts: 153
    edited October 11
    Perfect as is

I got the merc yesterday and crafted a T53 card and I like it. Being able to revive and having an AR at the same times is awesome!
    IMO, she is not intended to be first and only medic and I also like to have such a possibility.

Guardian with one aura is awesome!

I didn't like her new weapons. Just not good enough, but didn't test it too long. And it will be hard if I can shoot with the timik instead :D

Post edited by znuund on
  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,475
    Buff
    • Baton need 5~10 more damage on quick melee
    • Skyshield needs about 10~15 more HP besides what Steady augment can do
    • Group Revive needs no cooldown because of hold time to revive like defilbirator (works well with Get Up augment)
    • Maybe a slight speed boost (+5) from her current movement speed?
  • blufflordblufflord Posts: 578

Can I have a poll option of waiting a week to fully test her out before making judgements?

• Drac0rionDrac0rion Posts: 456

Give her some time until people actually find out what role she fills in a team comp.

At least she isn't broken on launch like Javelin, so there really isn't a need for immediate changes.

The only thing I am certain of is that just like defibs, the Bionic Pulse doesn't need a cooldown.
    It's already situational enough to see her revive more than one merc at a time, not to mention she can't top them off. She is a medic after all, so at least reviving should be her strength if she can't heal at all.

I guess she was supposed to be just a situational merc, which I'm completely fine with considering the current merc roster. The best comparison is probably Rhino.
    Rhino isn't exactly OP or UP, just situational. At some points of the map they can really shine, while on others there are simply better options.

As long as she's not overpicked or underpicked into squads, like Javelin for example, I'd say there really isn't a hurry to tune her into perfection.
    After the patch, Javelin still isn't fine and look at the state Phantom's been in for god knows how long.

I'm happy with Guardian's stats on launch and I'd rather have SD collect data on her for a while before making any changes, since there are old mercs that are in need of adjustments much more than her.

• NexDroidNexDroid Posts: 65
    Buff

Well she needs quite a lot of work to be done to be usefull in my eyes.
    1. make her revive dome short ranged so it will just revive teamates infront of you
    2. decrease her HP to 100 or 90, so she will feel more like medic and less like assault
    3. give her small healthpacks or make a drone to heal a little (1 HP/s or so)
    4. remove that dome effect of drone so enemies won't know if it is deployed or not, now you can just wait 10s till it's over and nuke EV. Or at least make it less visible
    5. fix dome revive so if you look directly on downed teamate and use that ability it will actually revive him even when some parts of his body are behind corner.
    6. IMHO her secondary weap needs a bit of dmg boost