Guardian Special Edition Case will be RNG

ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145
edited October 11 in General Chat

It appears that Guardian's Special Edition skin will only be available in a 100% RNG case, meaning the same as Javelin's special edition case. This is terrible and I really hope they change it. People don't want to waste money on something they'll never use. It's bad enough it will be expensive for a single skin, but you probably won't be able to purchase more cases to try and get the card you want.

I'm taking this information based off the Twitter post:

We keep asking for this not to happen, but it happens anyways. They're essentially denying profits by doing this. I'm sure a lot of people will stray away from buying the case if it's how I suspect it to be. It really bothers me that they don't like catering to their paying customers lol

@stayfreshshoe Please take a look at this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/75bpil/guardian_special_edition_case_will_be_rng/

Now consider the customers you're missing out on. Everyone wants these one-off cases to not be RNG. Let us choose our loadouts, there's no reason not to. You can only gain from it. The support is tremendous. Please consider listening to your customers about paid items. The Obsidian releases were done well, why not allow for the same with these one-off cases? Or at the very least, drop the prices and allow us to purchase more than one so us gamblers at heart can truly throw money at you. We like shiny stuff that we can use.

Post edited by ImSploosh on

Comments

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368

    Well if nothing else I can say I don't find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin's...but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it's RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

    Why couldn't they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn't exactly look OP.

  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

    @Sorotia said:
    Well if nothing else I can say I don't find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin's...but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it's RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

    Why couldn't they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn't exactly look OP.

    If you ask me, this is what would make the most sense if they really don't want to let people choose their paid loadouts. I wish they would have done it with Javelin too. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, we won't be getting anything we've been asking for. To be honest, I'd like to hear a dev respond so we can at least see their train of thought and not be kept in the dark lol. I mean, I'm just trying to throw my money at them.

  • so confused. much disappoint.

    IMO

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368
    edited October 9

    @ImSploosh said:

    @Sorotia said:
    Well if nothing else I can say I don't find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin's...but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it's RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

    Why couldn't they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn't exactly look OP.

    If you ask me, this is what would make the most sense if they really don't want to let people choose their paid loadouts. I wish they would have done it with Javelin too. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, we won't be getting anything we've been asking for. To be honest, I'd like to hear a dev respond so we can at least see their train of thought and not be kept in the dark lol. I mean, I'm just trying to throw my money at them.

    Probably so they can do what they did with Javelin, gonna gold plate all of the other mercs for a new event.

    Post edited by Sorotia on
  • n-xn-x Posts: 697

    Just stop participating in cash for RNG. Everybody who is falling for that is partly to blame for them keeping RNG in-game. If they stop making profit with it, they will have to change their monetary system.

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368

    @n-x said:
    Just stop participating in cash for RNG. Everybody who is falling for that is partly to blame for them keeping RNG in-game. If they stop making profit with it, they will have to change their monetary system.

    Wish it was that simple...but people are going to buy it no matter what. People spend 35 dollars (The cost of a mid range game or expansion) knowing very well they could walk away with 10 completely useless silvers...but people still do it.

  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

    @n-x said:
    Just stop participating in cash for RNG. Everybody who is falling for that is partly to blame for them keeping RNG in-game. If they stop making profit with it, they will have to change their monetary system.

    My problem is that it just doesn't make any sense for them to do it this way in the first place. You can't even purchase a second case, so why make it RNG? I could understand if they dropped the price a bit and allowed you to purchase multiple cases so you could possibly get the card you want. That's what just confuses me the most.

    If they started catering to their customers more, they would be making more profit off of these cases. I don't have much of a problem with RNG, but RNG on cases that you can only purchase once is ridiculous.

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 527

    At least she's blonde in this one unlike Javelin's nasty red hair. I don't think I'll be getting this one unless I love her new primaries because Saw and Phoenix are good enough for me and I don't see myself playing her that much.

  • n-xn-x Posts: 697

    @Sorotia I know, it is illusionary that enough people will stop buying RNG cases to make an impact. But if you are annoyed by the system, then dont participate in it. I dont get why people buy the RNG cases and then complain about it. You have never been promised a good loadout. You buy a chance to roll the dice in a game the is stacked against you. If you just like shinny cards and dont care about weapons/loadouts. Great, have fun. If you want something else out of it, maybe you should think twice about it before you invest your RL money in it.

  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

    Posted this on the reddit too. Think I'll double-post all of my threads onto the reddit because this forum receives almost zero attention from the devs anymore. So many problems posted here haven't been fixed and issues like this aren't even considered.

  • bushygbushyg Posts: 231

    New melee weapon is also only on double time cards, what a @$!# joke lol.

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 527

    They would make more money if they gave us more choice or flexibility with these things. That's why it's confusing to me. There is absolutely no way they wouldn't profit more by lowering prices and increasing probability. I'd willingly be throwing a lot more money at them than I am currently if we'd see some of these changes. The only way I think the current system could be extremely profitable would be if we were able to get something in return. If these cards were about rarity and value rather than cosmetics, but without any loadout trading or ways to break down special editions into an in-game currency or something like fragments, they have no actual value and thus most aren't willing to gamble on these things for a small chance at a purely cosmetic gain.

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,625

    im just gonna wait for a month after release tbh

    my experience of trying to craft something in every start of the event are pretty bad
    its like they are shelling the worst cards at the start then gradually becomes good afterwards.

    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,230

    I just wish they'd stop doing skins that looked like the normal cards. First shiny bronze cards, now a boring gold. If I'm going to buy a skin, then at least give me something special.

    I mean, at least the ghostclip skins fit with javelin's theme more or less. But this, like, what is this? An electric themed merc, imagine all the possibilities. But no, boring yellow. And not even cool or vibrant like the ranked season 3 cards.

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,801

    I most likely will be using credits and buying a bronse card from the store if at all to make sure its the new weapons . I didnt get the javelin rng crap case because her reskin was horible to me and i would have received a crap card with out schar and axe. Though im glad i got the i picled the o e with out ax as ax is broken. And altho i like the gold skin im not wasting money if theres a 99.9% chance of geting a card with out all 3 new weapons.

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

    @bushyg said:
    New melee weapon is also only on double time cards, what a @$!# joke lol.

    I really dislike most of the loadouts as well. Some of them look alright, but there's only one with all 3 new weapons, and the augments aren't very desirable. At least Javelin's cards are all pretty effective and have great augments to match.

    @Wintergreen said:
    They would make more money if they gave us more choice or flexibility with these things. That's why it's confusing to me. There is absolutely no way they wouldn't profit more by lowering prices and increasing probability. I'd willingly be throwing a lot more money at them than I am currently if we'd see some of these changes. The only way I think the current system could be extremely profitable would be if we were able to get something in return. If these cards were about rarity and value rather than cosmetics, but without any loadout trading or ways to break down special editions into an in-game currency or something like fragments, they have no actual value and thus most aren't willing to gamble on these things for a small chance at a purely cosmetic gain.

    Exactly! I've been saying the same thing!

    Also, as a side note, the Dirty Bomb reddit is insanely active. Check out my post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/75bpil/guardian_special_edition_case_will_be_rng/

  • Hmmm. I just started playing less then a week ago and Im just trying to get a feel for the game and the developers. I really hate rng rewards but I really love fps games where team work is essential. I have not yet determined if I want to spend money on the game, but reading stuff like this is really a put off.

  • AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,026
    edited October 10

    @Patikslap said:
    Hmmm. I just started playing less then a week ago and Im just trying to get a feel for the game and the developers. I really hate rng rewards but I really love fps games where team work is essential. I have not yet determined if I want to spend money on the game, but reading stuff like this is really a put off.

    If you do find passion in the game, and want to support the devs, force them to be supported properly. The guaranteed (cash only) Obsidian loadouts are a good example of this theoretically (haven't bought any yet).

    Oh yeah, and @$!# RNG.

  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 308

    It's very very ... very sad. Because when Turtle came out, it came with a fixed obsidian loadout with his default weapon. Why they didn't make the same for Jav and now Guardian, i don't understand.

    @Mc1412013 said:
    I didnt get the javelin rng crap case because her reskin was horible to me and i would have received a crap card with out schar and axe.

    Well, i bought the Jav + SE case and this is what i actually got : SE loadout without any of her special weapon :/ But i actually find the special skin pretty cool so im not that mad.
    But for Guardian... well, she's blonde and... that's pretty all she got special here, doesn't she ?

    It's sad being torn between wanting to support the game and make them understand to stop their rng BS by not buying it.

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368

    @Ptiloui said:
    It's very very ... very sad. Because when Turtle came out, it came with a fixed obsidian loadout with his default weapon. Why they didn't make the same for Jav and now Guardian, i don't understand.

    @Mc1412013 said:
    I didnt get the javelin rng crap case because her reskin was horible to me and i would have received a crap card with out schar and axe.

    Well, i bought the Jav + SE case and this is what i actually got : SE loadout without any of her special weapon :/ But i actually find the special skin pretty cool so im not that mad.
    But for Guardian... well, she's blonde and... that's pretty all she got special here, doesn't she ?

    It's sad being torn between wanting to support the game and make them understand to stop their rng BS by not buying it.

    Her outfit is gold and her weapon is like a yellow holofoil looking material...Javelin had a cool skin and blood on her hands.

  • @Sorotia said:
    Well if nothing else I can say I don't find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin's...but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it's RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

    Why couldn't they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn't exactly look OP.

    See, this is what I thought I would be getting with the skin card, that I'd at least get something with the new rifle. Unfortunately not. I got some an awesome skin with a crap build and I ended up using the base loadout until I ended up getting the bronze version of the one I wanted, and now I use that.

    I love the look of the new skin, I love the build, but I've always thought attaching builds to cards is frelling horrendous. Still, if they haven't fixed having 4 classes and only 3 mercs at a time for use in a match, I really doubt they'd fix this either. I just want the new stuff. I would buy the new stuff. Give me the skin and the new stuff. Not going to? Meh. I'll just boot up Overwatch and play that then. I can get new, amazing skins without paying a dime.

  • MeerkatsMeerkats Posts: 91
    edited October 10

    I would be fine if skins were sorted out this way:

    If a skin can only be obtained via cash e.g. various obsidians, ( bullshit RNG ) Ghost Javelin, ( bullshit RNG ) Pirin Guardian, that skin is actually a skin, applied account-wide, meaning you can apply it to any loadout you own. You've paid for that skin; it is now yours, forever. This does mean that if you purchased a Phantom or Phoenix obsidian pack, you've lost the extra you paid for the bonus loadouts, but it's better to swallow that pill now than have to deal with the way obsidians are handled now, forever into the future.

    If a skin is obtained via ingame obtained case, then the skin is tied to the loadout. This would make good cobalts extra special, even compared to all the "obsidians" flooding the market. I remember back in the old days, cobalts had this almost magical mystique as everybody wanted one and nobody had any. Now, with all of these obsidians and ( bullshit RNG ) LE's, that magic has been severely diminished.

    It's a good compromise solution, which, imo, is the only possibility of any change to the skin / loadout system we have now, as Splash Damage is now showing their greedy side ( understandable as they've lost Nexon's backing ).

  • LoafOfBreadLoafOfBread Posts: 460

    @Meerkats said:
    I would be fine if skins were sorted out this way:

    If a skin can only be obtained via cash e.g. various obsidians, ( bullshit RNG ) Ghost Javelin, ( bullshit RNG ) Pirin Guardian, that skin is actually a skin, applied account-wide, meaning you can apply it to any loadout you own. You've paid for that skin; it is now yours, forever.

    inb4 Bootlox RNG skinz for Loadouts

  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

    updated. Hoping they'll change the Guardian case somehow....? Too late I guess, but they surely must have seen the thread on reddit? It was on top for quite a while.

  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

    pls

Sign In or Register to comment.