I tried to make an extensive list of small tips and tricks for new players. Here's the result.
- Being two to defuse, plant or repair is only useful if the second person covers the other.
- Basically, only one person can defuse/repair at the same time. Cover him.
- Try to finish targets. It's easy points and it prevent revives.
- Especially if your target can self revive or if there's a Sparks in the enemy team.
- If you have trouble to kill someone, you should probably destroy the healing station first.
- Weird sounds usually means imminent danger. Red lasers definitely do.
- Always pay attention to the merc composition of your team, and fill jobs that aren't already taken if you can.
- Aim the head for maximum damage.
- Spamming jumps will mostly make you waste bullets.
- Never teabag Nader, unless you have balls of steel.
- Lonewolfing, most of the time, isn't a good idea.
- That doesn't mean that you should always be glued to your teammates. That's usually asking to get a pineapple in your face.
- Respect your teammates.
- Nobody likes crybabies.
- If Fragger stops shooting, prepare yourself for a pineapple.
- Drop the melee. Use your guns more than anything else. DB is mostly about gunplay.
- Shooting legs deals less damage.
- The smaller timer near the round timer tells you when the next spawning wave comes.
- Try to not get killed when that timer is high.
- It takes a long time to help up people just to get them back up with low hp. Make sure it's worth it.
- Best candidates for help ups are usually medics themselves, especially if there is no other medics to revive him.
- You are shielded from damage for a small time when you respawn.
- Shooting will remove all kind of damage shielding from respawns.
- It's can be better to reposition yourself when you get revived than directly try to shoot or interact with the objective.
- Abuse corners.
- If you struggle with your current merc, you should probably switch.
- If you used to be the only medic, engineer or fire support of your team, try to tell them before switching.
- There is not difference between Bronze loadouts and Silver/Gold/cobalt loadouts. It's just fluff.
ENGINEER : PROXY, FLETCHER, TURTLE, BUSHWHACKER
- You'll have a hard time to shoot back at people if you run with your mines in your hands.
- Because you plant, repair and defuse faster than anyone else, you have the priority on objectives.
- Playing the objective is a team effort.
- A turret is nicely positionned if you score assists with it.
- A turret that kills is a spotted turret.
- Stickies are usually better when nobody is actively firing at you.
- Stickies are usually poor traps, but excellent throwing rocks.
- That doesn't mean your trap won't work...
- Guns are usually better at duelling than your sticky bombs.
- Turtle shield is better laid down before enemy shoots at you as the generator is vulnerable if you put it down under fire.
- Because you have a shield doesn't mean that you must camp it.
- If you need to move forward, you may want to reclaim your deployables.
- Mines are double edged and can get your teammates killed if enemies shoot at them.
- Don't put your mines where your teammates are.
MEDIC : SAWBONEZ, SPARKS, AURA, PHOENIX
- You have a gun. Use it.
- If your teammates have a red cross or a heart above them, they need you.
- Don't forget that defibs serves to revive people.
- If there's no allies around you, you are probably doing something wrong.
- The REVIVR (Revive Gun) has an explicit name. Revive people with it, not with your hands.
- Stations works much better behind cover, near the frontline.
- If you need to move forward, you can reclaim the station.
- If you have trouble to directly pack your allies, toss it in their line of sight.
- If you run out of healing, it's probably time to ask for a second medic.
- Phoenix's healing pulse can be charged for more efficiency. But don't charge it too much.
- Self reviving with Phoenix will mostly work if there's no way for your enemies to reach your body.
- If you're about to get downed somewhere as Phoenix, try to end up behind cover and/or around your teammates.
RECON : VASSILI, AIMEE, PHANTOM, REDEYE
- Your heartbeat sensor detects through walls, so don't toss it in the open.
- Best positions are where enemies can't reach at all or without taking a massive load of damage from yourself or allies.
- A heartbeat sensor is small and can go through all kind of gaps and interstices.
- Taking your time is fine. Being hesitant isn't.
- Finish targets on the ground with bolt actions snipers (MOA, FELIX) : it's useful, it gives easy points, and will only require you one bullet.
- Recons aren't strong in numbers. One is usually enough.
- IR Googles aren't good to see artilleries and dangerous deployables. Try to not remain too long with IR googles active.
- Bomb Squad and Guardian Angel can help a lot though.
- Only the heartbeat sensor can detect through walls.
- Smoking is all about covering your teammates, not about preventing them from shooting stuff. Use it smartly.
- Smoking enemies directly is usually a poor use of a smoke grenade.
- It's usually better to locate yourself behind the smoke cloud than inside it.
- Use your IR googles more than your smoke grenade.
- Phantom's best hiding spot is around your allies, pushing together.
- Phantom's refractive armor will disable surrounding deployables. Which is perfect to help your team pushing forward.
- Phantom's best weapon is his gun. Not his katana.
- There is nothing more obvious than a Phantom running at you alone with Refractive Armor active.
- If you truly want to be invisible with Phantom, don't move at all.
FIRE SUPPORT : SKYHAMMER, JAVELIN, STOKER, KIRA, ARTY
- Throw ammo on a regular basis, or always have your ammo station setup nearby.
- There's nothing more infuriating than being useless due to lack of ammunition.
- It's usually your job to destroy the EV. Use your offensive ability on it.
- However, if you play Javelin, it's usually better to keep the rocket for smaller, secondary objectives or players.
- You can usually take out generators faster than the C4. It's especially true with Javelin and Stoker.
- Your abilities are mostly about taking enemies out of annoying positions.
- Tossing an airstrike marker indoors can be surprisingly effective.
- Don't hesitate about shooting from a bit far away. The range of assault rifles much better than you think.
- Meatshield your engineer if needed.
- Your abilities are one of the best ways to get rid of Turtle's shield. Especially the Molotov.
ASSAULT : FRAGGER, NADER, THUNDER, RHINO
- You have two main jobs : killing stuff and covering people who needs it.
- Frag grenades are always better if they explode as soon as they reach the enemies. Always cook them, and try to not make it obvious.
- Rhino is better at defending stuff, and likes Aura a lot.
- That doesn't mean that Rhino should never leave the station if needed.
- If you have to breach through a chokepoint, Assaults are your friends.
- Concussion grenades are more effective as a teamplay tool. Make sure that your team follows.
- Concussion grenades won't be as effective if everyone is sitting on a health station.
- Being at the frontline does not mean being suicidal.
- Always meatshield your engineer.
- If you play Nader, get your dirty hands off the Martyrdom button. This will avoid you to piss your medics off.
Hopefully this will help most of you.
"Explosions are red.
Skyhammer drops ammo.
You play bad
And you have ugly camo."
- Broneholm, 2017.