New Merc: Guardian

ReddeadcapReddeadcap Posts: 1,296
edited October 5 in General Chat

Guardian is a new Korean Medic, her drone destroys incoming projectiles but cant protect from bullets

Her second ability is a revival pulse, basically its a long range aoe defibrillators.

An interesting change as she seems to have assault rifles considering she has the Hurtsall and no healing abilities.

This begs the question, does she put Sparks put of business?

Comments

• ReddeadcapReddeadcap Posts: 1,296

@FishRolls
    I see your point, she can't heal but she's a hard counter to Nader, Fragger, Javelin, Arty, Stoker maybe, Proxy and Fletcher.

@nokiII true, especially if someone knows how to toss it up and direct hit themselves.

I guess Guardian serves as both extreme cases, stopping something that kills/injures many teammates and rreviving many Teammates Asap.

• blufflordblufflord Posts: 578

Guardian's range seems to be way shorter than sparks?

• WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 527

Okay, cool. Already got another thread up for this. She doesn't have defibs, right?

• ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,145

I like her, but I just hope that drone ability is done right. The cooldowns/shots to kill need to be done correctly. We also need the Emp grenade to go back on Thunder so we can take the thing out through walls... Would be nice.

Overall, she looks good at the moment, I just hope she doesn't get ruined like Javelin did. My main gripe is with Javelin's broken Axe, my favorite melee weapon is useless now :'(

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,625

@Wintergreen said:
    Okay, cool. Already got another thread up for this. She doesn't have defibs, right?

she has ranged defib

her design is so cool

arty and kira BTFO

but wait....
    kira laser is not projectile right?

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

• PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 308
    edited October 5

From the video, the drone seems to have like 100-150hp maybe ?

The revive ability seems more medium range than long range. Sparks will still be the sniper medic we love. But Guardian + Sparks combo will be stupid.
    On the other hand, Guardian + Aura combo ... omg :open_mouth: Or Guardian + Aura + Turtle xD "Thou shall not pass !"

And yeah, no heal ability will be awkward to play ^^

• neverplayseriouneverplayseriou Posts: 1,291
    edited October 5

Splash Damage does really want to make Turtle+Aura combo more op, gl ever pushing into places such as Underground 2nd stage gen room now...

And what is this revive ability, 1 step less than a normal medic and probably a stupidly long cd on it? Looks like a merc that's just 100% designed to make the game even more broken.

• K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,475

Her group revive diameter seems to be rather small.... I can imagine Skybro taking out a few opposition in along a line...

But I like it :)

• ReddeadcapReddeadcap Posts: 1,296

@Wintergreen said:

She doesn't have a healing ability, she has an anti projectile ability and a mass defib.

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,032

She seems like a merc i would enjoy playing a lot.

Roses are red and violets are blue.
    I bang you all!
    Now you're dead too.

Yeah, she seems really balanced right out of the gate but I guess we'll see. If she had defibs on top of that aoe heal then I think she'd be pretty overpowered as a medic. Balancing her seems like it'll take nothing more than getting the cooldowns right and the hp on the drone. Sweet. Excited for her.

edited October 5

@Wintergreen said:
    Yeah, she seems really balanced right out of the gate but I guess we'll see. If she had defibs on top of that aoe heal then I think she'd be pretty overpowered as a medic. Balancing her seems like it'll take nothing more than getting the cooldowns right and the hp on the drone. Sweet. Excited for her.

Did you even watch the video, it's an aoe revive not a heal, she's already stupidly op for anyone with a brain that realises she can be used with an aura/turtle combo...

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,741

Except that you can still shoot through her little barrier, and the fact she has no healing or self sustain means she is really only good as a backup or secondary Medic.

Plus, it just said air strikes and projectiles, does that include frags? Cause if not Fragger is still a counter, plus she can be sniped pretty easily.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • bushygbushyg Posts: 231

Guyyyyyyyyys, die on the EV for rez. Die on the point, guyyyyyyyyysssssssssss.

• TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,763

Now DB has it's own version of TF2 short circuit.

I did not see that coming!

Fletcher gettin' Sledgehammer melee supporter.
    More arcadey, less grounded gameplay supporter.

@TheStrangerous said:
    Now DB has it's own version of TF2 short circuit.

I did not see that coming!

Lol no, nowhere near as that bad

Trust me, the Short Circuit was stupidly broken, even before that super buffed the hell out of it. Because the Engineer was basically cancer to the game, once an Engineer got set up you had to throw a ton of resources at it just to take it down. Which is why I played Spy, and why I get so passionate when they wanted to nerf things I felt the Spy needed or never needed to be nerfed, aka Ambassador. Dead Ringer was cancer though, would much rather have just had a non ammo regen watch that also protected me from damage.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

• FishRollsFishRolls Posts: 67

She's korean Jäger

• MelinderMelinder Posts: 694
    edited October 5

@bushyg said:
    Guyyyyyyyyys, die on the EV for rez. Die on the point, guyyyyyyyyysssssssssss.

Hero's never die... for a price.

Good to see SD are out of touch.

Yo, Big Shaq, the one and only
    Man's not hot, never hot
    Skrrat, skidi-kat-kat
    Boom

Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths
    Everyday man's on the block, smoke trees
    See your girl in the park, that girl is a uckers
    When the ting went quack-quack-quack, you man were ducking (you man ducked)
    Hold tight, Asznee (my brudda), he's got the pumpy (big ting)
    Hold tight, my man (my guy), he's got the frisbee
    I trap, trap, trap on the phone, movin' that cornflakes
    Rice Krispies, hold tight my girl Whitney (my G)
    On the road doin' ten toes, like my toes (like my toes)
    You man thought I froze, I see a peng girl, then I pose (chilin')
    If she ain't on it, I ghost, hah, look at your nose (check your nose, fam)
    You donut, nose long like garden hose

I tell her man's not hot, I tell her man's not hot
    The girl told me, "Take off your jacket"
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot" (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot (never hot)

Hop out the four-door with the .44, it was one, two, three and four (us man)
    Chillin' in the corridor (yo), your dad is forty-four
    And he's still callin' man for a draw (look at him), let him know
    When I see him, I'm gonna spin his jaw (finished)
    Take man's Twix by force (take it), send man's shop by force (send him)
    Your girl knows I've got the sauce (flexin'), no ketchup (none)
    Just sauce (saucy), raw sauce
    Ah, yo, boom, ah

The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

I tell her man's not hot (man's not), I tell her man's not hot (never hot)
    I tell her man's not hot
    I said, "Babes, man's not hot"

Man can never be hot (never hot), perspiration ting (spray dat)
    Lynx Effect (come on), you didn't hear me, did you? (nah)
    Use roll-on (use that), or spray
    But either way, A-B-C-D (alphabet ting)

The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
    Skidiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
    Skya, du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun
    Poom, poom, you dun know

Big Shaq, man's not hot
    40 degrees and man's not hot (come on)
    Yo, in the sauna, man's not hot (never hot)
    Yeah, skidika-pap-pap

edited October 5

It's most the useful thing these lemmings can do though, die on the point and I'll pick you up

And you might ask why

@neverplayseriou said:

@Wintergreen said:

Did you even watch the video, it's an aoe revive not a heal, she's already stupidly op for anyone with a brain that realises she can be used with an aura/turtle combo...

Yeah, I did watch the video considering I was one of the first few to post said video on here. She has no defibs or alternative way to heal which is what I was getting confirmation on before I felt like she was too powerful. She's like a support/combat medic without any frontline heals that can only revive with an ability we can presume will have a reasonable cooldown. Anyone with a brain will ensure they finish off their kills or prioritize taking her out first in hectic encounters. Maybe try relaxing a bit and take heed of your own name?

@Wintergreen said:

Anyone with a brain will ensure they finish off their kills or prioritize taking her out first in hectic encounters. Maybe try relaxing a bit and take heed of your own name?

So I say that's anyone with a brain will realise she's op when used with turtle/aura and you use her garbage revive ability as a counter?

I couldn't care less about her @$!# revive, as I said before anyone with a brain should realise how op she's gonna be when used in a combo with aura and turtle.

That's your impression and that's fine. I think the developers have at least halfway functioning brains and thus there's no reason to get all worked up about somethin' that hasn't even been released yet. She seems like she'll take next to no work to keep her reasonably balanced, but only time will tell. Excuse my use of the word 'heal' instead of revive. I knew what the ability was and that's what I was getting at.

• DemolamaDemolama Posts: 102
    edited October 5

A medic that cannot heal is a wasted space on the team. Even though sparks can't do a lot of healing she still has the ability.

@GatoCommodore said:

@AlbinMatt said:
    1. Guardian. Really now? Guardian? SD, with such interesting characters can you guys not come up with better names?

yea we have a guy marking artillery called arty
    we have a guy slinging frag grenade called fragger
    we have a girl with proximity mine called proxy

you want what? guardy?

Don't forget queen Nader. Aura who has a healing aura. Thunder makes thunder - sort of.