Javelin Ammo replenish handicapped??

binderrbinderr Posts: 147
edited October 2 in Mercenary Discussion

I’m not downing the Javelin update which everyone was pretty mush asking for it but since the update, I think her ammo supply got nerfed pretty hard. Playing Javeling after the update is still great but I realised her ammo resupply is very limiting, not just for team mates but I am constantly running out of ammo and Javelin just can’t resupply enough to keep my gun firing.

I do realise before the update, her ammo supply to team mates was some what better than other fire support mercs and its been nerfed to some extent but Javelin shouldn’t be be running out ammo her self, this literally stops her from being a fire support in the first place. I am now constantly chasing another fire support merc/ammo crate for extra ammo!!

Any of you guys notice this..?

sorry for any typos!

Post edited by binderr on

Comments

  • MelinderMelinder Posts: 696

    2 minutes and 24 seconds is the time it takes to fully restock yourself of ammo as Javelin. Pretty ridiculous dont you think.

    It was nearly as bad prior to the changes, though. Back then it took 2 minutes exactly.

    SD Office = Chimp Enclosure

  • GuziolGuziol Posts: 311

    I do think they overnerfed it. Bring back old radius or old rate. Nerfing both makes it so tedious. I just run to on-map ammo boxes rather than trying to stick to javelin and get ammo from her.

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,625

    @Guziol said:
    I do think they overnerfed it. Bring back old radius or old rate. Nerfing both makes it so tedious. I just run to on-map ammo boxes rather than trying to stick to javelin and get ammo from her.

    the current rate is okay-ish
    what im very enraged is that you have to stand in the circle for certain time then you get ammo supplied

    just let it supply immediately when you enter the circle ffs, the 1/3 mag is already bad enough

    hell, ammo box is slightly better since it doesnt move anywhere and reset the in-circle stay time

    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 533

    I like her ammo the way it is. She's a fire support with an emphasis on fire rather than support. Having her ammo replenishing rates be more along the lines of the other supports or returned to its previous broken state would again have her outclass every other fire support that isn't dealing with an EV. It should not be that way given how powerful she is when it comes to other aspects. She's convenient at spawn because it tops off your team's ammo capacity, she can give her team a few extra mags here and there in the middle of battle with little effort, and she can also huddle up next to any teammate that's at a regular ammo crate to speed up the process. To me this idea is comparable to wanting Stoker's molotov to be as damaging with the same radius as the rocket just because he's also a fire support and Javelin has arguably the more powerful ability. I don't want every merc's abilities to be similar or based off of another. I also don't believe nerfing the rocket to the extent that additional ammo rates for her would be justified is the right way to approach it. I'm open to a few more tweaks as I'm sure they will in the future, but nothing drastic.

    This was me earlier today:

    She is simply too good at what she does currently to make her a great ammo merc as well. I like that she has more of a secondary assault/objective role with generators, shields, equipment, and choke points than the EV wreckers and other ammo givers. All my opinions, of course. B)

  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,208

    @Wintergreen
    Something tells me that Phoenix was very helpful to you.

    I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,231

    What I really dislike is that there seems to be a sort of "initialization time" before you can get your first bundle of ammo from her. Like, you have to stand near her for a second or two before she even starts giving ammo. But because the radius is so small now, standing near her long enough for her to start giving ammo can be a pain in the ass when she's moving (and of course standing still is usually death in DB).
    And the moment she walks away from you, you have to wait all over again.

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 533
    edited October 3

    @STARRYSOCK said:
    What I really dislike is that there seems to be a sort of "initialization time" before you can get your first bundle of ammo from her. Like, you have to stand near her for a second or two before she even starts giving ammo. But because the radius is so small now, standing near her long enough for her to start giving ammo can be a pain in the ass when she's moving (and of course standing still is usually death in DB).
    And the moment she walks away from you, you have to wait all over again.

    It's the same delay as the ammo crates on every map as far as I can tell. She's literally a walking ammo crate. I do like your idea, though. I think that could work well if it were changed.

    @Xenithos said:
    Something tells me that Phoenix was very helpful to you.

    Honestly, he was pulling his own weight for most of that match hence his kills as well. But yeah, he had my team's back a lot. Ended up being a pretty damn good match somehow despite me going off with Javelin lol.

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368

    @Wintergreen said:
    I like her ammo the way it is. She's a fire support with an emphasis on fire rather than support. Having her ammo replenishing rates be more along the lines of the other supports or returned to its previous broken state would again have her outclass every other fire support that isn't dealing with an EV. It should not be that way given how powerful she is when it comes to other aspects. She's convenient at spawn because it tops off your team's ammo capacity, she can give her team a few extra mags here and there in the middle of battle with little effort, and she can also huddle up next to any teammate that's at a regular ammo crate to speed up the process. To me this idea is comparable to wanting Stoker's molotov to be as damaging with the same radius as the rocket just because he's also a fire support and Javelin has arguably the more powerful ability. I don't want every merc's abilities to be similar or based off of another. I also don't believe nerfing the rocket to the extent that additional ammo rates for her would be justified is the right way to approach it. I'm open to a few more tweaks as I'm sure they will in the future, but nothing drastic.

    This was me earlier today:

    She is simply too good at what she does currently to make her a great ammo merc as well. I like that she has more of a secondary assault/objective role with generators, shields, equipment, and choke points than the EV wreckers and other ammo givers. All my opinions, of course. B)

    Well no one says her rate has to be upped...what is silly is the really short range on top of the fact you have to sit around her for a few moments before you even get the first tick.

    If they could un-nerf her range or make her ammo instant like a station it would go a long way to make her better while not making her op.

  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,231

    @Wintergreen said:

    @STARRYSOCK said:
    What I really dislike is that there seems to be a sort of "initialization time" before you can get your first bundle of ammo from her. Like, you have to stand near her for a second or two before she even starts giving ammo. But because the radius is so small now, standing near her long enough for her to start giving ammo can be a pain in the ass when she's moving (and of course standing still is usually death in DB).
    And the moment she walks away from you, you have to wait all over again.

    It's the same delay as the ammo crates on every map as far as I can tell. She's literally a walking ammo crate. I do like your idea, though. I think that could work well if it were changed.

    I know, but at least on ammo crates and stations you're not having to chase them around. Most javelins don't give a @$!# if you want ammo now since the XP from it is so low, so they just wander off.
    I don't much like it at all, but especially not on something that's supposed to move, and with such a small radius.

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 533

    @Sorotia said:
    Well no one says her rate has to be upped...what is silly is the really short range on top of the fact you have to sit around her for a few moments before you even get the first tick.

    If they could un-nerf her range or make her ammo instant like a station it would go a long way to make her better while not making her op.

    That's fair, but I think I've seen a lot of posts and a few threads recently (also a lot in game) of people calling for the rate to be faster so I was just tackling that idea broadly. People got way too used to and spoiled with her rates at launch. That and now that she's been out for a while and has a more defined role, I'd hate to see her ammo support abilities becoming the same as the rest of them. I think few people would choose another support over her if that were the case unless an EV was in the equation. I don't disagree with you or Starry on the range and the initial delay at all, though. I want that visual circle indicator to be at feet level as well.

  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368

    @Wintergreen said:

    @Sorotia said:
    Well no one says her rate has to be upped...what is silly is the really short range on top of the fact you have to sit around her for a few moments before you even get the first tick.

    If they could un-nerf her range or make her ammo instant like a station it would go a long way to make her better while not making her op.

    That's fair, but I think I've seen a lot of posts and a few threads recently (also a lot in game) of people calling for the rate to be faster so I was just tackling that idea broadly. People got way too used to and spoiled with her rates at launch. That and now that she's been out for a while and has a more defined role, I'd hate to see her ammo support abilities becoming the same as the rest of them. I think few people would choose another support over her if that were the case unless an EV was in the equation. I don't disagree with you or Starry on the range and the initial delay at all, though. I want that visual circle indicator to be at feet level as well.

    Okay maybe people did say it lol...but I don't think anyone said it in this thread? Maybe...I'm tired and kinda on autopilot the last week >.<

    Anyways...yeah...if they could return the old range or at least make her dispensing instant it would go a long way.

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 533
    edited October 3

    @Sorotia said:
    Okay maybe people did say it lol...but I don't think anyone said it in this thread? Maybe...I'm tired and kinda on autopilot the last week >.<

    Anyways...yeah...if they could return the old range or at least make her dispensing instant it would go a long way.

    Yeah, I'll admit I'm kind of bad with that anyway haha. I just assume everyone has already heard and seen the common suggestions or arguments and then I just run with it from a broad angle from there. I'm tired too. Some days this place gets a ton of activity and other days it feels pretty dead. That and taking a year break from the game and coming back on a fresh account has me feeling lost at times especially considering I never took part in the old forum and Reddit shenanigans.

  • bushygbushyg Posts: 231

    She should be an Assault merc honestly.

  • STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,231

    @bushyg said:
    She should be an Assault merc honestly.

    Honestly idk, she's already quite similar to fragger and even nader in a lot of regards. I think she needs that second ability just to make her different, but it doesn't necessarily have to be an ammo ability. It's just one of the best fits.

  • binderrbinderr Posts: 147

    @Wintergreen said:

    It's the same delay as the ammo crates on every map as far as I can tell. She's literally a walking ammo crate. I do like your idea, though. I think that could work well if it were changed.

    @Xenithos said:
    Something tells me that Phoenix was very helpful to you.

    Honestly, he was pulling his own weight for most of that match hence his kills as well. But yeah, he had my team's back a lot. Ended up being a pretty damn good match somehow despite me going off with Javelin lol.

    wo!, look at your ping! You have the best ping while everybody else is pretty terrible, no wonder you wen't on murder rampage!

  • MelinderMelinder Posts: 696

    @binderr said:

    @Wintergreen said:

    It's the same delay as the ammo crates on every map as far as I can tell. She's literally a walking ammo crate. I do like your idea, though. I think that could work well if it were changed.

    @Xenithos said:
    Something tells me that Phoenix was very helpful to you.

    Honestly, he was pulling his own weight for most of that match hence his kills as well. But yeah, he had my team's back a lot. Ended up being a pretty damn good match somehow despite me going off with Javelin lol.

    wo!, look at your ping! You have the best ping while everybody else is pretty terrible, no wonder you wen't on murder rampage!

    A difference in 40 ping is negligible at those values.

    SD Office = Chimp Enclosure

  • EoxEox FrancePosts: 2,996Moderator

    I'm more annoyed by the fact that I have to chase Javelins all around the map in order to get ammo than the rate of ammo given.

    This said, moving to merc discussions.

  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 533

    @binderr said:

    wo!, look at your ping! You have the best ping while everybody else is pretty terrible, no wonder you wen't on murder rampage!

    Don't remind me I'm stuck here in Nevada for another 8 months. :'( California servers. Gross.

  • l2cl2c Posts: 74

    You have to run up, and get INSIDE Javelin's thicc ***, and stay there, to get ammo from her.
    Meanwhile, she's getting ****all herself :<
    But that's how nerfs work. It's like with everything else, if you're gonna do it, OVERDO IT.

  • woodchipwoodchip Posts: 115

    It needs some kind of change, if only because the gameplay of trying to get ammo from Javelin now involves tailing her for a full 10 seconds.

Sign In or Register to comment.