Who's getting the the weapons?

So with the release of the SHAR-C and the Axe, I'm kinda wondering who's going to get the new weapons in gen 3 loadout cards.

I think Stoker, Proxy, Bushwhacker (though i'd think he'd get the Kukri), maybe Sawbonez, maybe Nader, maybe Arty and maybe Aimee will get the Axe.

Really not sure about the Shar-C; it's a heavy weapon with a small mag but high damage. I guess Phantom, Thunder, Sawbonez, maybe Turtle and maybe Arty may get it.

There've also been some leaks about silenced weapons in the game files. No clue if these are going to be released, but given how polished they are (with sound and everything) I assume they will be. I'd assume that most of the silenced weapons would go to the recon class, so they can get an extra level of viability after the recent Sniper rifle nerfs.

For the silenced M9, I'd guess Phantom, Aura, Aimee and/or Redeye and maybe Sawbonez and/or Phoenix.

For the silenced Mp400 I'd guess Sparks, Phantom, Vassili, maybe Turtle and maybe Bushwhacker, but these are really shots in the dark as only 3 mercs have the mp400 rn.

Thoughts?

Comments

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,741

If anyone gets Silenced Weapons it'll be Phantom, which would be cool, less visible tracers and harder to hear gun fire.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • @watsyurdeal said:
    If anyone gets Silenced Weapons it'll be Phantom, which would be cool, less visible tracers and harder to hear gun fire.

i thought the guns dont have tracer?

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

They do, I noticed people being able to figure out where I was based on where I was shooting, either they heard the shots being fired or saw the tracers.

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

• Bushwanker will have the axe, inevitably, gotta raise those cowboy stereotypes up!

Yeah, silenced weapons, I can see new/old recon class have one. Totally on it.

Fletcher gettin' Sledgehammer melee supporter.
    More arcadey, less grounded gameplay supporter.

All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It'd be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I'm fragging.

• SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,368

@watsyurdeal said:
    All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It'd be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I'm fragging.

I don't know if I see him with the Grandeur, plus that would make him and Aimee virtually identical.

Maybe better off seeing some new kind of light sniper rifle with a new merc and him getting it.

• @Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

I don't know if I see him with the Grandeur, plus that would make him and Aimee virtually identical.

Maybe better off seeing some new kind of light sniper rifle with a new merc and him getting it.

silenced VSS with red dot would be a blessing

You're still alive

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,623
    edited September 26

edited

You're still alive

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

Different health, speed, abilities, no, not the same

Aimee can debuff people and do more damage to them, Vasilli just points out their position.

• LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 1,996
    edited September 26

Sorry to burst your bubble but silenced weapons were removed and we'll probably not get them back as they honestly serve little purpose in DB.

Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.

@LifeupOmega said:
    Sorry to burst your bubble but silenced weapons were removed and we'll probably not get them back as they honestly serve little purpose in DB.

Don't you ruin this for me

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

Different health, speed, abilities, no, not the same

Aimee can debuff people and do more damage to them, Vasilli just points out their position.

Small differences that will feel even smaller if they have almost the exact same weapon loadouts. Except why take Aimee over Vas when he as the better pure sniper rifle and he has access to machine pistols when she doesn't.

@Sorotia said:
    Small differences that will feel even smaller if they have almost the exact same weapon loadouts. Except why take Aimee over Vas when he as the better pure sniper rifle and he has access to machine pistols when she doesn't.

Is your argument than Vasilli having the Grandeur would make Aimee less used? Or that Aimee is simply underpowered? Cause Vasilli having the Grandeur wouldn't help or hurt that situation.

• Out of curiosity: Is there a documented reason why Kira was given the Katana?

We all get excited with weapon swaps for different mercs, yet only Kira had one, with cricket bat.

• GuziolGuziol Posts: 308

I'd like to see a skyhammer with SharC. I'd swap it with BR and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me.

• @Guziol said:
    I'd like to see a skyhammer with SharC. I'd swap it with BR and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me.

actually its not a bad idea since i dont have to be afraid to use all the ammunition since skyhammer replenish ammo pretty fast

You're still alive

• @Guziol said:

I could see it suiting Sky well, but I disagree with replacing his BR for it. I'd take away the M4 or AK if this were to happen. They're similar enough as is, anyway. Don't rob him of his only burst rifle, man.

• GuziolGuziol Posts: 308

Gen 1 and 2 still would have the BR.

• Ah, in that case I'm all for it.

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

Is your argument than Vasilli having the Grandeur would make Aimee less used? Or that Aimee is simply underpowered? Cause Vasilli having the Grandeur wouldn't help or hurt that situation.

Right now all Aimee has is that is really truly different and unique from Vas is the Grandeur. She is a mobile sniper, something she already kinda shares with Red Eye. Red Eye has his smoke and IR goggle.

Just saying maybe Vas should get a new weapon instead of just making all 3 Snipers basically have the same few weapons.

Maybe give one of them a burst rifle....I don't know...just think it would be nice to see some more variety between the 3 snipers.

• @Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

Right now all Aimee has is that is really truly different and unique from Vas is the Grandeur. She is a mobile sniper, something she already kinda shares with Red Eye. Red Eye has his smoke and IR goggle.

Just saying maybe Vas should get a new weapon instead of just making all 3 Snipers basically have the same few weapons.

Maybe give one of them a burst rifle....I don't know...just think it would be nice to see some more variety between the 3 snipers.

I really like this idea of the snipers having burst rifles, this because the snipers are suppose to have hard hitting weapons and would encourage a more aggressive play style and make the gadgets more effective at least for Aimee. Really interesting idea !

• @Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

aimee with MK48 would be awesome

You're still alive

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

She works fundamentally different than Vasilli does, if your concern is that having similar weapons make them too similar, that's more of a problem with how they are balanced between each other, not the weapons themselves.

Clearly Vasilli needs an HP nerf or Aimee needs a buff.

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

She works fundamentally different than Vasilli does, if your concern is that having similar weapons make them too similar, that's more of a problem with how they are balanced between each other, not the weapons themselves.

Clearly Vasilli needs an HP nerf or Aimee needs a buff.

The way I see it Vasilli has a easier to use ability than her, but hers is also a debuff. He has the better sniper rifle and machine pistols.

Getting the Grandeur wont change that...I just came here to talk about weapons :p

Maybe for another topic but yeah maybe he should be nerfed...has the easiest spotting ability, only sniper with machine pistols, and has slightly less health than Red Eye.

I wouldn't mind if she had machine pistols, but yea that is another topic. If I were to go off on all that we'd be here forever. XD

• BryckoBrycko Posts: 194

Bumping thread for new weapons.

Hurtsall 2k. It's like the SMG-9 of assault rifles. I figure it'll be more for support characters: Phoenix, Turtle, Sawbonez, maybe Nader, maybe Phantom, maybe Bushwhacker.

Hoigat. Kinda weak, but the big magazine will make it a good off-hand for Snipers, as well as a good 'alternate' for people who normally carry heavy pistols: Redeye, Aimee, Phoenix, Sparks, Sawbonez, Aura.

Stun Batons. Very interesting weapon, really unsure who would get it, put probably a more 'in your face' kinda merc given the short range: Sawbonez, Phoenix, Sparks, Fragger or Thunder, maybe Redeye.

• TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,762

I really wish they'd release gen 3 after presumably last merc this year, presumably coming on 28th of November, according to "6-7 weeks new merc with new primary/secondary" oath.

What more, other than creative melee, can they come up with? With SMGs it feels like it's enough (poor SMG-9, the underdog of SMGs), ARs already filling in the SMG equivalents, a new semi auto primary between Dreiss and Grandeur?

• BryckoBrycko Posts: 194

@TheStrangerous said:
    I really wish they'd release gen 3 after presumably last merc this year, presumably coming on 28th of November, according to "6-7 weeks new merc with new primary/secondary" oath.

What more, other than creative melee, can they come up with? With SMGs it feels like it's enough (poor SMG-9, the underdog of SMGs), ARs already filling in the SMG equivalents, a new semi auto primary between Dreiss and Grandeur?

Or shotgun with low damage but large magazine and high fire-rate XD

• Mr-PenguinMr-Penguin Posts: 2,237

@TheStrangerous said:

Burst pistol. Pretty obvious gap to fill.

New burst rifle. I was thinking something with slow burst ROF but extremely short burst delay, with 4 round bursts to make it a cross between an auto and BR. Hell, maybe make it auto-cycle the bursts too. In the same vein, a 2-round burst rifle that crosses the Driess with the BRs.

Slow firing, accurate MP. This to the other machine pistols as the Blishlok is to the other SMGs.

Semi-auto shotgun, low damage, high fire-rate. A full-auto shottie would best be reserved as an ability weapon.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

0egQoN7.png
    Art courtesy of @Matuno
    IGN/Steam Profile Mr. Penguin
    Have an idea for a new merc? Then head on over to my Mercenary Suggestion Form and go post it!
  • Why not remove the PDP from Aimee and give her the Dreiss instead? I wouldn't mind Vas having a Grandurer either.