Making Phantom viable

124»

Comments

  • XSheepieXXSheepieX Posts: 54
    edited October 18

    I play phantom in the same way. But at the same time, it is better to just pick a different recon and kill the majority of the enemy team rather than picking out just one and then needing to run away. (However I know that is a bit of an oversimplification)

    Also Phantom's weapons aren't that great at longer range so I end up having to recloak a few times before getting the kill... (I try to reposition before they get chance to return fire)

    @FishRolls said:
    Maybe let Phantom refill his cloak when damaging enemies or deployables within his emp range?

    I think idea is actually quite interesting and perhaps a step in the right direction, though I think it wouldn't fit with how the game is at the moment. I mean... How would you even explain that ability? Though I feel like an idea like that help Phantom play like the harrasser I imagine him as. Though... It probably still wouldn't leave him needing some tweaks.

  • FishRollsFishRolls Posts: 61
    edited October 18

    @XSheepieX said:
    I play phantom in the same way. But at the same time, it is better to just pick a different recon and kill the majority of the enemy team rather than picking out just one and then needing to run away. (However I know that is a bit of an oversimplification)

    Also Phantom's weapons aren't that great at longer range so I end up having to recloak a few times before getting the kill... (I try to reposition before they get chance to return fire)

    @FishRolls said:
    Maybe let Phantom refill his cloak when damaging enemies or deployables within his emp range?

    I think idea is actually quite interesting and perhaps a step in the right direction, though I think it wouldn't fit with how the game is at the moment. I mean... How would you even explain that ability? Though I feel like an idea like that help Phantom play like the harrasser I imagine him as. Though... It probably still wouldn't leave him needing some tweaks.

    Maybe enemies and deployables that die within a certian range of him could drop batteries that he can pick up to refill some cloak. An enemy would only drop a battery if they were finished.

  • XSheepieXXSheepieX Posts: 54

    Maybe... But I honestly really don't think that makes all that much sense. I mean... I don't carry batteries on me all the time. I don't know why they would...

    Additionally, if you have to kill them it's not really that useful. Just because often against good players, it's hard to get the kill on someone who has full health because they bolt as soon as you start shooting and try to lure you into 3v1 situations or whatever. That's what I do, and at that point, the fact that you have full cloak wouldn't make much difference as you'd be gunned down.

  • HartorHartor Posts: 2

    Someone in this thread had already said that giving Phantom a recon ability is useless since the other 3 does the job so well. How about rather giving Phantom the ability to spot enemies, give him the ability to spot deployables when he is uncloaked. The spotting range is the same as his EMP. This will make Phantom a true recon class/team player while retaining the option for people to flank

  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,637

    Well, soon enough we might see the moment of truth.
    SD plans a balance update, heck, Shoe even made his own Phantom thread.

    PC master race and console peasant jokes were never funny.
    Instead, there's two kinds of people: Those who don't get fooled by corporations and those who are their corporate slaves.

  • XSheepieXXSheepieX Posts: 54
    edited November 7

    @Hartor said:
    Someone in this thread had already said that giving Phantom a recon ability is useless since the other 3 does the job so well. How about rather giving Phantom the ability to spot enemies, give him the ability to spot deployables when he is uncloaked. The spotting range is the same as his EMP. This will make Phantom a true recon class/team player while retaining the option for people to flank

    Spotting deployables is pointless I almost always play Phantom with bomb squad which basically is the same as spotting deployables. If you are good, you can get an idea of where deployables are anyway from knowing when you disable something. Additionally I disagree on your definition of what a "true" recon is. I see a recon as a Merc that can hold a position and lock down and area on their own in certain conditions. All the other recons have this ability, they just happen to have spotting abilities imo.

    As I've said before I feel that Phantom's main issue is his killing capability. Even in the best situations, Phantom does not have the killing capability of other recons.

    @TheStrangerous said:
    Well, soon enough we might see the moment of truth.
    SD plans a balance update, heck, Shoe even made his own Phantom thread.

    He did? I honestly hope they do something because I've been tiring of DB. As you can tell from my late response I've bearly had anything to do with the game recently.

Sign In or Register to comment.