New Feature: Casual Matchmaking

2»

Comments

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 801
    edited August 24

7v7 and 8v8 have no place in DB. I still don't understand why the formats exist in the first place, both of them are too crowded and spammy and don't reflect the game play the game was built for. We've gotten used to it over the years, but for the first 6 months or so after release, everyone hated anything above 6v6. Then they killed 6v6 servers and the people that enjoyed 6v6 either played Ranked, quit, or just stuck with 7v7 and 8v8 begrudgingly.

This game is finally developing in the right direction, the devs are finally listening to us and pumping out the content we want. Albeit, the content is a bit broken, but SD devs have never been top notch. But it'll get fixed.

Guys, CMM is an excellent idea that just needs tweaking:

1. Why did you remove Objective from the server browser? Here's how CMM needs to work:
    • While searching for other players or games, put players in a temporary pub/server browser objective mode server with enough open slots to fit all the players. That way they can play while they wait for a match
    • When a queue is found, remove the players from the game and give exp/credit for the temporary play
    • Keep Obj in the server browser for everyone else. They'll just have to play with the understanding that some of the players in their game might not be there the entire match due to being CMM queuers
    1. In the future when there are more players, the option to select Stopwatch/Obj mode
    2. Prioritize games in progress for solo/duo queuers. Put them into existing CMM games that people bailed on first
    3. Get the damn AFK kick timer working in CMM games
    4. Rematch option at the end of the round. Instead of forcing players back into the queue, let them choose to rematch or not. If they choose yes, they stay. If they choose no, they leave, and their slot can be filled in with other queuing CMM players.
    5. Show the casual mode skill rank. Whatever skill system you're using, I imagine it's being boiled down into some number that the game code uses to match people. Show that number to us in our profile.
    6. Give us that CMM end of game screen in all modes. It's everything I've ever wanted to see at the end of a match and it should be at the end of ALL matches, not just CMM or Ranked.
    7. In the pre-game intro screen, the mercs should stand side by side like in the end game screen, with their cards laid out in front of them, instead of fanned out. It's almost impossible to see any card but the first one. You should also add this screen to the end game screen so we can flip through it on our own. Just add a sidebar button for it like you have currently.

Keep the updates coming, these are all amazing updates!

• TitaniumRaptureTitaniumRapture Posts: 353
    edited August 24

Wondering why they did remove that number of revives stat from CMM. It was even in test version of CMM. It is one of the best stats for medic (together with healing done which isnt shown either anyways :/ ). :(

Post edited by TitaniumRapture on
  • DeleiusDeleius Posts: 13
    edited August 25

@bgyoshi said:
    7v7 and 8v8 have no place in DB. I still don't understand why the formats exist in the first place, both of them are too crowded and spammy and don't reflect the game play the game was built for. We've gotten used to it over the years, but for the first 6 months or so after release, **everyone **hated anything above 6v6. Then they killed 6v6 servers and the people that enjoyed 6v6 either played Ranked, quit, or just stuck with 7v7 and 8v8 begrudgingly.

Speak for yourself. There are enough people who want to play 7v7 or 8v8.

Those servers could work like the Arcade-Mode in Overwatch and keep the players around who are not interested in ranked (and now CMM) and want that "crowded and spammy" chaos of 7v7 or 8v8. It is fun for a lot of people.

And why were the 8v8 servers always full and those 6v6 (Min20) servers empty? Because noone cared about 6v6. Don't use "everyone", because it clearly isn't true.

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,152

@Unrivaled said:

@Xenithos said:

@Unrivaled said:

@Xenithos said:

@Unrivaled said:

@ImSploosh said:
    I don't like hearing that there won't be any objective servers in the server browser. I don't like Stopwatch much because it requires a long stay to finish the match most of the time. I'm also worried about getting stuck in matches with tryhards 24/7. If I wanted that, I'd play ranked. There's some people that play Dirty Bomb as hard as they can every match. It's like they're not even trying to have fun. D:

Exactly my thoughts. I doubt I'll stick to DB after that, and if I do I probably won't play anything else than Ranked. If I wanna have fun, I'll just play other games I guess.

What you said and what he's worried about are different. You're just flat out like "this sucks," he's like, "I'll try this but I'm honestly concerned."

You seem to have a really poor understanding of people's opinions.

Just the fact that my post starts with "I doubt", ends with "I guess" and has "probably" in the middle and that you still concluded that I was "just flat out like this sucks" means you're probably not the smartest person around anyway.

Oh really? Well let's look at this together sir.

I doubt I'll stick to DB after that, and if I do I probably won't play anything else than Ranked. If I wanna have fun, I'll just play other games I guess.

You doubt you'll stick, SIMPLY based on those changes, and IF YOU DO (meaning it's a low chance ALREADY, sounds like you ALREADY GAVE UP) You won't play anything BUT the over serious gamemode, which is OPPOSITE Sploosh's point, that he doesn't enjoy being stuck in matches 24/7 with tryhards. Mr. "If I want to have fun" IF YOU ARENT HAVING FUN, SAY THAT, NO NEED TO ADD SOME OTHER GAME.

If I'm wrong and assuming, whatever, but YOU need to work on your wording more. NOT the other way around. I'm not going to sit here and call you "not the smartest person around" either, as THAT is abuse. Learn the forum rules, and learn to talk without this I've already given up anti-dirty bomb sound to your "opinions." Because otherwise, it looks like your post is like the bajillion I've already seen and don't care about.
    --Which is CERTAINLY not a constructive one.

Don't you have anything else to do in your life other than trying to analyse a sentence on a forum?

Sigh, you're either a hypocrite or a troll, and I'm done caring. If you want fun, I simply assure you that casual is pretty fun, NOT just locked to try-hardness. Anywho, adios.

The road is over, I finally got a sig. Hallelujah.

• Whelp, shoe confirmed the servers are gone for good.

Shoe addressed it today the weekly video on the YouTube channel. At the 2:38 mark:

"Objective mode will continue to only be playable in NA and EU regions via causal matchmaking".