Your main?

Do you main a Merc? If yes, who is it and why?

I am looking for some inspiration since I don't have a main anymore

Comments

• SaulWolfdenSaulWolfden Posts: 795

Sawbonez and not by choice, nobody plays medic or if they do, they're absolutely terrible (no healing or reviving).

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,026

It's been a while since I played, but Spanish Jesus is definitely my favorite. He has access to some of the deadliest SMGs, and his pulses can heal both him and his teammates.

I once went berserk after my team got wiped by a well placed airstrike. 20HP/4 seconds is like guaranteeing a free shot or two that you can take, without the risk of dying (unless we're talking snupers and shotguns of course).

Also, if anything does go wrong, just suicide heal near your teammates, and self revive.

• TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,763

Vassilli.
    Can't help it, I'm a selfish lone wolf player, and I love sharpshooting type classes. If there was a sharpshooting merc, that's equivalent to Deagle player, it'd be my main. But for now, I satisfy me-self with Vassilli.

Fletcher gettin' Sledgehammer melee supporter.
    More arcadey, less grounded gameplay supporter.

• LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 1,996

No, I just play whatever I like. Sawbonez has the most time overall but I wouldn't say I main any merc.

Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,032
    edited August 17

Sparps, she heals, she kills and its so satisfying to get headshots with her REVIVR.

But mostly its beacuse shes bae.

Roses are red and violets are blue.
    I bang you all!
    Now you're dead too.
  • hurgyahurgya Posts: 104

Mine is Phoenix, for many reasons:
    1. When I started, I couldn't aim, but didn't want to be a totally useless scrub, so I played medic
    2. He has a decent HP pool
    3. He has a really good movement speed
    4. His weapons are good too
    5. His heal is AoE, instant, goes up to 120 points and has full self heal (I think, the self heal is unaffected by the Potent Packs augment, but this needs testing)
    6. He has self revive, so you can stay in combat even if you die sometimes, but are the only medic on your team (it's also great for MG camping)

• GuziolGuziol Posts: 311

Skyhammer. Pls buff.

• Mr-PenguinMr-Penguin Posts: 2,237

Kira. Teamwipes are fun.

0egQoN7.png
    Art courtesy of @Matuno
    IGN/Steam Profile Mr. Penguin
    Have an idea for a new merc? Then head on over to my Mercenary Suggestion Form and go post it!
  • BlackboltLWBlackboltLW Posts: 584

Sawbones is always on the squad most of the time

And Arty

• ThunderZsoltThunderZsolt Posts: 372

My most played merc is Arty, but since I stopped playing ranked I play Kira usually.
    Even though Arty is more powerful, she is more fun to play.

Kawaiiii!

• GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,625

-mains merc in dirty bomb

lel

Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

• ShenaynaysShenaynays Posts: 129

I used to main Sparks but now ive gravitated toward stoker. For a couple reasons
    1. His weapon selection is pretty damn good (Got a burst rifle, cant beat those until sd one day nerf them into the ground)
    2. Especially in pubs the molly is esentially a garenteed area denial because no one realises smoke and nades extinuish the fire
    3. He just fills like he can backup any merc on the team, be it the engineer if he has the mechanic perk, The anti-ev crew with the molly hitting an ev pretty hard and even medics with the molly to stop them getting chased down and letting them heal up
    4. The ammo station beind used as a btec shield (not a very good strat but can work)
    5. The ammo station.

I just like him because of ow versatile he is

• PumpkillerPumpkiller Posts: 161
    edited August 20

http://imgur.com/a/ovEsb

I main the rare Baldhaggis.

• jooshoyesjooshoyes Posts: 322

Used to main thunder now I play sawbonez or Fragger. Sometimes I play fletcher or stoker, but most of the time sawbonez as my team is ALWAYS unwilling to play medic despite them all having great killing potential.

• EoxEox FrancePosts: 2,996Moderator

Technically I main Sawbonez. But as of today, I am not completely sure of what I main anymore.

• Hardikr100Hardikr100 Posts: 8
    edited August 21

Phoenix / Aura [maybe sawbonz] cuz I <3 healing

• GreehnGreehn Posts: 32

Was "maining" Arty for the longest time, now I dont really feel like I have a "main" anymore. Currently playing stoker more than other mercs but generally I just play something I feel like.

• Dys[fn]alDys[fn]al Posts: 66

Aimee mostly, but I play a lot of Phoenix and Stoker

• EsakaEsaka Posts: 46
    edited August 22

Definitely Phoenix, not Phoenix but THE Phoenix.
    EDIT: Forgot the reason why. Here it is:
    Suitable weapons for run n gun? Check.
    AoE Healing? Check.
    Phoenix? Check.
    Deadpan snarker? Quad Check.

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,741

Uhhhhhhhh Red Eye and Fragger? Now maybe Javelin??? :/

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 533

I have my 5 or so regulars, but overall Nader is hands down my favorite and the one I've spent the most time on. Usually catch a lot of heat (no pun intended) because I love explosive/incendiary characters in just about every game I've played. Blame my background with arena shooters like Quake and UT, I guess? I'll rank mine:

Nader > Stoker > Fletcher > Fragger and soon-to-be Javelin 'cause I'm loving her so far. When I'm not runnin' my favorites, I'll play Bush or medic as Saw or Phoenix.

Side Note: Despite my obsession with anything and everything that goes boom, I can't stand Proxy and her nuclear pancakes. Never been a fan.

Double side note: This is my first post on these DB forums. Hi, folks!

• GireGire Posts: 42

Phantom is the most fun for me in casual if the enemies are abit unexperienced, but against higher skilled opponents Phantom turns from Stealthy cool assasin to "We can see you and hear you and you should switch to better kill merc"

• TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,763

Update:
    I'm "mainless", since Snipers got harder to play, as of late patch, I don't bother anymore. Hope to see a merc inspired by Lawbreakers' Guinslinger or CS:GO's Deagle player. Just give me a sharpshooter merc with powerful hand cannon.

Fletcher gettin' Sledgehammer melee supporter.
    More arcadey, less grounded gameplay supporter.

• My main used to ne fragger. Since javelin was released i have been playing shotgun proxy so i can continuously kill the javelin on the other team with suicide attacks. Nothing is more satisfying than making a javelin noob get a low k/d.

• Pheonix/RedEye/Thunder all the way.

• I main Phantom but you have to be constantly on point so I just go sawbones or sparks if I'm not playing my best. I'm pretty good at medics too. (I like halping :3)