[Merc] Toksis

Toksis
Class-Assault
HP-130
Speed-390

Background
Toksis is a 52 year-old Finnish ex-military officer, who was enjoying his early retirement in London, when the Dirty Bomb attacks hit. One of the initial explosions hit the cafe he liked to spend time in, and he was left with difficult scarring on the right side of his face. Once he was healed he decided to put his military background to good use and started working as a mercenary.

Gas Grenades
Instead of the conventional explosives, Toksis utilizes gas grenades to block of chokepoints and temporarily disorient enemies.
Upon detonation the gas grenades leave behind a cloud of toxic gas, which deals 10 damage per second, and leaves opponents disoriented for 4 seconds after leaving the cloud. The cloud is similiar in size to stokers molotov, but it cannot be jumped over like stokers molotov can. The cloud evaporates in 15 seconds.
(think Thunders conc effect but without slowdown or flash.)
The gas grenade would not damage secondary objectives or the EV.

Grenade Cooldown
I was toying around with the idea of the grenades being resupplied by ammo packs/stations with 3 being the maximum amount, but a conventional cooldown of maybe 35 seconds could be a safer bet

Weapons
Primary M4A1, Timik-47, SR-3 Vikhr Assault rifles
Secondary Deagle, M9, S&W
Melee Beckhill, kukri, and weapon butt

new weapon statistics
The weapon butt would do 50 per attack which would be as fast as the Beckhill and stiletto(567ms), but there would be no heavy attack.

The SR-3 would be a mix of SMG and Assault rifle. Fast rate of fire at 560RPM, and a per-shot damage of 16 to the body and 32 to the head. The magazine size would be only 30 to compensate for the high dps of the weapon. It's spread would be somewhat higher than that of the Timik-47.

Constructive feedback is welcome!

Post edited by Bestfinlandball on

Comments

• ok well at first glance this merc seems ok and solid. So basically he's another version of stoker right? First of can u see through the gas? also whats the size of the cloud? Also since he's practically another version of stoker you might wanna make his gas grenade a bit different cause he can do a better job at area denial than stoker and everyone might choose him instead of stoker. now although he is different in terms how he does area denial he's pretty much a carbon copy of him and might even be more op than him due to the quick cooldown being 20 secs compared to stoker's molotov having a cooldown of 40 secs. So you might wanna jack up the cooldown to around the same time or nerf the grenade to compensate for that. Perhaps to balance out toksis vs. stoker you could make the size of the cloud have a smaller area of affect than stoker's molotov and maybe doesnt last for as long due to the quick cooldown. Also when you noted that the gas grenade 'disorientates' people, did you mean like how thunder's conc grenade disorientates people? cause that sorta makes the gas grenade op. Moving onto the weapons. now i dont have any problems with the M4A1 and the timik 47 but maybe replace one of them with the MK 46 just for the sake of mixing things up cause there's only one merc who has that weapon. now the SR-3. just one thing, having an assault rifle with the fire rate of an SMG is op. I mean imagine a timik having the fire rate of a krotzni or a hochfir. Yeah not liking it. So decrease the fire rate and make the spread a little less than the timik cause as it is i dont like the spread of the timik (thats just my opinion on the timik). Also its kinda pointless talking about this but the backstory. backstory doesnt actually matter in a game like this cause there pretty much is no story. Also the characters in this game are MERCENARIES. So they cant work for a certain organization, they get hired by them to do jobs for them. So saying that this merc works for the CDA doesnt make sense. Well thats pretty much it.

• @Demonic_Muff1n
    Imagine if none of DB's mercs had any sort of background. Would be quite boring, eh ? Plus, i enjoyed writing the background story.

The gas grenade is supposed to be more of an area denial tool, as oppose to the molotov, which is currently best used as a damage dealing ability. That is why it deals 25% of the damage stokers molotov does. To kill a full health aura would require 8 seconds as opposed to the 2 seconds it would take by the molotov. I feel it is not necessary to nerf it in many ways, but i did increase the cooldown to 35 seconds.

And as for the SR-3, i nerfed the RPM some, but buffed the magazine size a bit. Should make it more reasonable.

• @Bestfinlandball said:
    @Demonic_Muff1n
    Imagine if none of DB's mercs had any sort of background. Would be quite boring, eh ? Plus, i enjoyed writing the background story.

The gas grenade is supposed to be more of an area denial tool, as oppose to the molotov, which is currently best used as a damage dealing ability. That is why it deals 25% of the damage stokers molotov does. To kill a full health aura would require 8 seconds as opposed to the 2 seconds it would take by the molotov. I feel it is not necessary to nerf it in many ways, but i did increase the cooldown to 35 seconds.

And as for the SR-3, i nerfed the RPM some, but buffed the magazine size a bit. Should make it more reasonable.

actually the molotov is supposed to be a area denial tool but you'll see ppl use it as a dmg ability cause either they're on an offensive position or they're waiting for the right moment to use it to get a kill. Normally you'll see people use the molotov at the last second when they spot enemies to get a guaranteed kill or for the sake of trolling. Now see the reason why i said change the backstory is cause if you say that he works only for the CDA then that means that players can only use this merc when they're playing as the CDA on a map. This could cause heavy team imbalance as everyone would just shift towards the CDA side just to try out the merc.

• NaonnaNaonna Posts: 849

so... it's like red eye... but with a fuzzy effect to enemies in the smoke... huh. I'm skeptical, as we already have stoker for throw-able area denial.

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,006

@Naonna said:
    so... it's like red eye... but with a fuzzy effect to enemies in the smoke... huh. I'm skeptical, as we already have stoker for throw-able area denial.

Which is why we should buff his mollies. Do more damage, at least be able to kill 110 HP mercs if they run through the fire, and make it destroy secondary objectives and the EV better.