Server browsing

So i made this thread to address an issue among players in a match. Ok so most of you who has a grip on dirty bomb and has played it a while knows what the server browser is right? so i came to address something that pisses me off quite a bit, and that players end up joining random servers and play with like 300-400+ ping and end up lagging the entire server and creating a bad experience for themselves and for the rest of the players. This issue is most common in newcomers to the game. So i'm assuming you all know how to access the server browser. When looking at the servers look at the column on the right hand side which will show the ping of the server. Pretty much anything between 0-100 ping is playable but after that is when the lag starts to kick in. Also choose servers which are in the same region as you are (i mean that's common sense). Now i don't mean to make a huge rant on how new players @$!# up matches by not using the server browser.

So please, to all newcomers of this game, please USE THE SERVER BROWSER. So that it can create a good gaming experience for yourself and for others.

Comments

• AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,026
    The only reason I use the server browser is to play with Russians when all the Asians are asleep. I'm a naughty boy, I know.
  • Demonic_Muff1nDemonic_Muff1n Posts: 108
    AlbinMatt wrote: »
    The only reason I use the server browser is to play with Russians when all the Asians are asleep. I'm a naughty boy, I know.

i always use the server browser even when the asians aren't asleep
  • TitaniumRaptureTitaniumRapture Posts: 408

I use quickjoin only I like to live on the edge.

• Dr_PlantbossDr_Plantboss Posts: 534

I use the server browser to make sure I end up on US East, and that I end up at the start of a match and not joining 30 seconds before we lose.

@TitaniumRapture said:
    I use quickjoin only I like to live on the edge.

i dont use quick match cause i would just end up on american servers (when im in asia) and end up playing on like 300+ ping and that really lags the game.

I'm going to confess a terrible sin: I use the server browser to join in US servers despite being in west Indonesia. I can't bear the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of native languages and calligraphies used by Asians, which practically makes communications impossible. Sometimes I find a sane Singaporean or a stray Aussie that speaks either my language or English.

Sadly this issue has really hindered many to enjoy games, and no developer can fix this problem.

@AlbinMatt said:
    I'm going to confess a terrible sin: I use the server browser to join in US servers despite being in west Indonesia. I can't bear the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of native languages and calligraphies used by Asians, which practically makes communications impossible. Sometimes I find a sane Singaporean or a stray Aussie that speaks either my language or English.

Sadly this issue has really hindered many to enjoy games, and no developer can fix this problem.

what's your ping range around when you play in the US servers? cause like i said its playable till like 100 ping and then the lag begins to kick in.

@Demonic_Muff1n said:

@AlbinMatt said:

what's your ping range around when you play in the US servers? cause like i said its playable till like 100 ping and then the lag begins to kick in.

US West, under 200,
    US East slightly above 300
    I have no idea why the ping spikes up that dramatically. Anywhere else (except Asia of course) gets me a bit iver 200 ping.

@AlbinMatt said:

@Demonic_Muff1n said:

@AlbinMatt said:

US West, under 200,
    US East slightly above 300
    I have no idea why the ping spikes up that dramatically. Anywhere else (except Asia of course) gets me a bit iver 200 ping.

its also dependent of your internet, i remember a time when i had @$!# internet, my ping would shoot up to 500. Just to stay safe, stay within 0-200 ping.