Custom Crosshair Tutorial + ZIP Archive

XyfurionXyfurion Posts: 508
edited April 2017 in General Chat
For those of you who didn't know, Dirty Bomb now supports Custom Crosshairs.

Since it's not exactly obvious how, here are the steps:

1. Navigate to the following directory: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\CustomCrosshair

2. Place your crosshair file inside. Ensure it is 32x32 resolution and is named CustomCrosshair.png

Here is a ZIP archive of a bunch of crosshairs. [DOWNLOAD]

Keep in mind that you will have to either change the resolution of these crosshairs or transfer them to a 32x32 pixel image as these are all 100x100 pixels.

Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Failing at ranked? Learn Call-outs!

• _SnykeR__SnykeR_ Posts: 32
    Need help, doesn't work.
    the file I placed in ShooterGame\CustomCrosshair is a 32x32, it is named CustomCrosshair.png, it is a PNG file and it still doesn't work.
    also deleted the readme existing file to see if it would make any changes.
  • Make sure you have set Crosshair Static Type as Custom in your game options.
  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,850
    edited April 2017
    add this to the Zip eSVyfKRt.png

I got inspired from here ZAMu48m.png

D9D mentioned a spaced column for left/right reticle placement so this is the final form. This amazingly works in conjunction with the Dynamic Crosshair enabled (Tri Point, Tri Bracket & Tri Cross).

This also has 3 reference aims for close, medium and long range.

Post edited by K1X455 on
    edited April 2017
    Make sure you have set Crosshair Static Type as Custom in your game options.
    already did and it just doesn't show anything
    nvm it works, but only when the custom crosshair in the pic that I put is black, have no idea how to fix that
  • @Xyfurion I followed your instructions and I got "add file here: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents/MyGames\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\CustomCrosshair\CustomCrosshair.png" sprawled across my screen when I play matches. I tried to post a picture but it's not coming up. So can you help me cause I REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want to try ur crosshairs.

• MuddyGrenadeMuddyGrenade Posts: 329

@Eox this should probably be pinned.