[HUDEdit 2.0.1] The Software to Modify Your HUD! - NOW WITH UHD SUPPORT!

1235»

Comments

• SgtxVortexSgtxVortex Posts: 2

hello thanks for the tool for eiditing the hud but come to problem cant seem to solve right now, downloaded the java and everything its launch perfectly but when i done editing save the present and load to my game and everything, some how doesn't load ingame so far tired everything like launch it as admin or save it different place and replace it with backup and everything but reast my hud to the default and the edited hud doesn't show up ingame can u tell how to fix this and thanks

• KiraysKirays Posts: 1,328Moderator

Navigate to the following folder:

Documents > My Games > UnrealEngine3 > ShooterGame > Config

Now open the properties of the ShooterUI and check read-only.
    That's it. The game shouldn't reset your changes anymore.

• XyfurionXyfurion Posts: 496

Another thing you can do is replace the ShooterUI.ini file in the HUDEdit directory with the newly game-generated one, then create your HUD. It will use the new one.

Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Infuriate your future, today!
  • n-xn-x Posts: 675
    edited July 14

@Xyfurion Heya, it seems since the shell shock update a lot of elements are dragged to the left (health, ammo, execution game status). just fyi.

Post edited by n-x on

@n-x said:
    @Xyfurion Heya, it seems since the shell shock update a lot of elements are dragged to the left (health, ammo, execution game status). just fyi.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to change that. Although this will slow down work on V3, which I want to release really soon.

Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Infuriate your future, today!
  • AsianScrubAsianScrub Posts: 5

is it possible to choose custom resolution? I'm playing on 640 x 800

@AsianScrub said:
    is it possible to choose custom resolution? I'm playing on 640 x 800

That was, at one point in a dev build but it was causing too many problems. It is planned for version 3, though I have no set release date.

• LiberageLiberage Posts: 36

@Xyfurion said:
    Another thing you can do is replace the ShooterUI.ini file in the HUDEdit directory with the newly game-generated one, then create your HUD. It will use the new one.

I tried to but how? It doesn't just load up.
    By the way, what is the "update" thingy?

@Liberage said:

@Xyfurion said:

I tried to but how? It doesn't just load up.
    By the way, what is the "update" thingy?

It's meant to update the software whenever u release a new version. However, the server I was using to link the software to the download link stopped working randomly. Either way, I'm hoping to get it fixed before V3.

@Xyfurion any rough ETA on when you release V3? Your work is really appreciated!

The initial ETA was end of September as I was working on it quite a bit over the summer. However, HUDEdit V3 has been delayed to end of 2017 / beginning of 2018 because my laptop kinda crashed. I, being stupid, did not save a copy or backup of my work. So now, I'll have to start over.

I do have the help of @Eox though so things should go way smoother.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Best of luck!

@n-x said:

Aye. Thanks man. I should be up on my feet again by September 1st. By that time I'll be home from travels and at my PC

• KaL3NKaL3N Posts: 2

I can't open up HUDEdit. I can't tell if Java RTE installed even though i just downloaded the latest one from the Java Website. The exe won't even open up through Run as Admin

• I play on 4:3 full screen at 800x600 res in game, on a 1280x1024 monitor because my pc is a complete potato. Whenever I try to make a HUD in 4:3 mode its pretty hard to cause its so small. Is there any way I can make it so that when I'm making the HUD the screen is stretched like it would be in game? If not, what resolution is the closest to mine that would make it easier to create a hud?

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,020

@Xyfurion said:

@n-x said:

Aye. Thanks man. I should be up on my feet again by September 1st. By that time I'll be home from travels and at my PC

Whenever version 3 comes out, lemme know, I gotchu.

The road is over, I finally got a sig. Hallelujah.

• I can't open it

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,020

@GhostlyGhoul383 said:
    I can't open it

Do you have Java installed and are using that? What Operating system are you using (windows, linux, etc) and please be more specific as to what "it" is that you are ACTUALLY opening as you may be touching the wrong one. If you would like a video guide, I'm slow and dumb but it's on the first page.

The road is over, I finally got a sig. Hallelujah.

@GhostlyGhoul383 said:
    I can't open it

What @Xenithos said.

Also check the FAQ. That's the first thing you should've done.

• Hm, exciting! Can't wait to try it out!

• I tried 2 times exactly as in this guide and i get nothing. I load the game and normal hud is still there, nothing is changed.

• bontsabontsa Posts: 1,602
    speedydust wrote: »
    I tried 2 times exactly as in this guide and i get nothing. I load the game and normal hud is still there, nothing is changed.

Don't take this as a offense or anything, but are you 100% positively, absolutely sure you made your ShooterUI.ini file "Read-only"? Because that sounds exactly like that kind of an issue.
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?

@speedydust said:
    I tried 2 times exactly as in this guide and i get nothing. I load the game and normal hud is still there, nothing is changed.

This is typically what happens when the game releases an update; the shooterui.ini is changed to match the new version.
    Two solutions:
    1 Set your shooterUI.ini you got from HUDEdit to read-only
    2 Replace the text below from your generated ShooterUI into the game's ShooterUI

This is the text:
    From
    [ShooterGame.SGUIHUDPlayer]

To
    m_bEnableHudShake=true