HUDEdit by Xyfurion
Infuriate Your Future, Today!
The day has come upon us. Finally, after much anticipation and delay, HUDEdit is ready to be released!
HUDEdit is a third-party application that features a way to change most aspects of your ingame HUD to your liking!
NOTE: Somethings will not appear as shown in HUDEdit. This is due to a bug from SplashDamage (confirmed by Shoe.). You can see which assets are affected most by this in "Known Bugs."
Latest - HUDEdit 2.0.1
- Added Log Files
- Added all the images
- Improved functionality
- Added shifting via arrow keys
- Fixed bugs
- Removed unnecessary images
How To Use
- Implement "Load Preset" and other Preset related functions.
- Make window size independent of resolution.
- Fix Bugs.
- Make Dragging function smoother.
I keep an open mind when it comes to ideas, so if you have any, please share them.
0. Make sure you have Java JRE downloaded and installed from here.
Remember, the version of Java you have downloaded does not necessarily match your OS. You could have 32-Bit JAva on a 64-Bit system. If one version does not work, try the other one.
1. Navigate to the files you downloaded.
2. You will now need to extract the ZIP File contents.
3. Navigate to where you extracted HUDEdit and double click (or right click > Run as admin).
4. Select your Resolution Ratio and Resolution
5. Enter fullscreen mode.
6. Now you can click and drag stuff to your liking.
7. You may want to open up the Options window, you can do so by clicking the cog at the bottom left or by right clicking anywhere on the screen.
8. Here you can play with stuff until you like what you see.
9. Once you are done, click "Save Preset" in the Options Window and save it to a place you will remember.
10. Navigate to the following location: "C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config"
11. Create a Backup of the ShooterUI.ini file.
12. Drag and drop your newly created (by HUDEdit) ShooterUI.ini file into this directory.
13. Start the game!
- Right Click: Opens up Option Window.
- Left Click: Select an object.
- Left Click + Drag: Move stuff around.
- Arrow Keys: Move stuff around by 1 pixel.
- Ctrl + Arrow Keys: Move stuff around by grid size.
Report unknown bugs here.
Read before posting.
- "Show only selected" does not work properly. Only works if object is currently selected.
- "Reset" and "Reset all" functions cause the app to crash.
- "Revert Settings" function DOES work, but will not re-open the app as intended.
- Scrolling through the HUD Assets will cause a visual glitch and cause assets to go off-screen.
- After updating, "Launch App" does not always launch the app.
- Stuff snaps to another location after selecting.
- Somethings are misplaced compared to what is seen in HUDEdit. This is due to a game bug on SD's side. Not everything is affected though. Most notable ones: GameWaveTimer (significantly), MiniMap (slightly), DetectedNotification (slightly), and XP Counter (slightly).
It's not my fault
Q. Why did this take so long to release?
A. I sincerely apologise for all the delay and disappointment, but hear me out. The main reason for the delay was simple. I had little incentive to keep working on HUDEdit as I had stopped enjoying it. The second reason (which isn't that big a deal) is that SD would keep changing the ShooterUI file every few updates, which threw me off and caused me to stop work on it for a few weeks. Third reason: school.
Q. Will I get banned for this?
A. No. You won't get banned for changing your HUD.
Q. Is this a virus?
A. No. Scan it yourself.
Q. How old are you?
A. dy/dx y=4x^4-4x^3+6x^2 at x=1. Solve it.
Q. Did you make this yourself?
Q. HUDEdit is not opening. What do I do?
A. Ensure you have the latest version of Java JRE and that it matches the version of the app you downloaded (ie. If your Java version is 32-Bit, use HUDEdit 32-Bit. If your Java version is 64-Bit, use HUDEdit 64-Bit).
Q. I keep getting "JNI Error." What do I do?
A. See above.
Q. HUDEdit shows me the "Select Resolution" Window but then nothing else. What happened?
A. Download the ZIP archive and ensure it matches your Java
version (Not necessarily your OS version).
Q. Images keep "jumping" to another position when selected. Is that supposed to happen?
A. Yes, they are simply snapping back to their correct position. the misplacement is due to an unresolved bug.
Q. There are some buttons in the options window that I cannot click on. Why not?
A. Those features have not been implemented yet due to complexity or lack of importance.
Q. There is something not working. How do I fix it?
A. Use the bug report form
to report your bug (with the log files)
so I can get around to fixing it. Please check the "Known Bugs" section before submitting a report.
Q. Why does HUDEdit not let me click anything else?
A. This is a necessary measure that allows HUDEdit to go into fullscreen mode with ease.
Q. I minimized HUDEdit. Where did it go?
A. There should be a grey bar (by default) at the bottom left of your screen. That is where it minimizes. Another necessary measure.
Q. Some assets are misplaced. Wtf dude?
A. Yes I am aware. This is due to a bug from SplashDamage (confirmed by Shoe.). You can see which assets are affected most by this in "Known Bugs."
Q. I made a HUD and put it in the config folder but I still get the default. How can I fix this?
A. There is a workaround you can use. Set the custom generated ShooterUI.ini file to read-only (Right click > Properties > Check "Read Only" Checkbox).
Special Mentions and Appreciation
Special Thanks to:
By downloading and using HUDEdit, you are agreeing to these terms (I just thought it looked cool.)