New Dev Video: When's the MOFO Update?!

stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 485Administrator, Moderator, Developer
edited November 2016 in The Vault
The fruits of our labor are coming your way and they're bringing a whole host of goodness!

Enjoy!
shoe.
Post edited by stayfreshshoe on

Comments

• PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 174
    Ooooooh yeah ! :D
  • BananaSlugBananaSlug Posts: 1,894
    I need new maps soo i can leave them! :sweat_smile:
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)━☆゚.*・。゚ SD
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    woosh, keep going
    keeeeeeeep goin!
    yee, you guessed it... keeeeeeep goin
    lol you really want to see the end
    you almost got to the end
    lol, no
    i will tell you now, there is nothing at the end
    nothing i say
    ok, maybe something
    curiosity is the first step to hell
    my mom said that not sure why
    and bang here is the end
    you will be very suprised
    I
    B(no not bananas)
    BUCKETS
    you fool, why would you trust me, lol
    kek
    lmao
    did you know that you cannot die, because you eat banans
    thats because they make you immortal
    its scientific fact
    and i confirmed that many times
    eat bananas or die, i say
    there is always lenny at the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    sometimes even a wall of them
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/spoiler[/spoiler[/spoiler
  • yesseryesser Posts: 325
    first time splash dammage cordinate with my vaccations HYPE
  • v57
  • I hope there's no gamebreaking bug coming back

Can't control this hype, help
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,363
    edited November 2016
    Oh i remember this

remember back then after weeks of waiting it gets delayed again

lets see if this gets delayed
    A Hat In Time: Picture Perfect!                                                                  
  • That smug look on Shoe's face when he talks about performance issues makes me think there's going to be a huge improvement in performance, has me hyped up.

Nice name and an even better excuse to call it that.

Map Overhaul and Frame rate Optimization update? Please.
  • thank you! now you can work on purple twitch skins!?!
  • BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 1,912
    Good now i have an excuse for eating turkey while playing the MOFO update.
    My aim is as great as a beautiful Proxy.

Neither of the two exist.
  • 1edyg4.jpg

Proud supporter of adding jetpack merc to DB.

• >New maps are attacker centric, the defenders arent getting much justice

>Improvement

Pick one and only one
    A Hat In Time: Picture Perfect!                                                                  
  • KiraysKirays Posts: 1,329Moderator
  • fact that private matches were mentioned lately worries me...it was mentioned in the first dev video only
  • DankBeretFieldDankBeretField Posts: 194
    edited November 2016
    WHERE'S THE MOTHERF*CKING UPDATE???!!!

(Update released in 2020 Christmas. Typical Splash Damage style. Sh*t)

P.s: Still love you Splash!

But looking back and forth, the defenders will keep screaming about the maps is too attacker-sided. And we will have another f*cking update regarding about this sh*t.

P.p.s: What are you developers will do next? You guys will cooperate with Blizzard and what next? Tracer in Dirty Bomb? (Please don't do that)
  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 174
    Would add smth :

If maps will now be more attacker friendly, what if, when teams are even, next players join defenders first instead of attackers ? To bring a little balance.

Because, attackers being one more AND easier for them to do objectives... well, smell like more rage whining about unbalanced game.
  • >New maps are attacker centric, the defenders arent getting much justice

From what I've seen from Trainyard, this is what I get from it.
  • M@rsM@rs Posts: 21
    Any improvements to Ranked???
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,641
    M@rs wrote: »
    Any improvements to Ranked???

Yes if u consider being disabled an improvement then yes it was improved lol j.k

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• Can't wait!!
  • So the next step is Turtle and Dopeyard right? RIGHT?
  • bontsabontsa Posts: 1,601
    @M@rs @Mc1412013 In the "Map overhaul" dev video they stated while ranked is getting closed "for few weeks" between the seasons, "however when ranked season 2 starts, there is gonna be a few extra shiny things awaiting for you". Also I would be to guess, if quickjoin's matching algorhytm is getting changes I'm pretty sure Ranked one could be tweaked too if seen necessary.
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?
  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,070
    Hopefully this update actually brings the much needed optimization to help with framerates and @$!#. Bug fixes will be nice too.

But there are a few major things we need... Map overhauls are still needed. Not the lighting and cosmetic @$!#, but actual design changes.

Dome for example needs to be changed in a few ways. The last update to it helped, but not enough. How about removing that useless side path on the attackers' right side for the first objective (the one in their spawn), and then opening up the center on the first objective. Those 2 buildings in the middle there could be used in various ways. Make a series of jumps to get to the top of them or design them in a way that it requires some work to get to the objective by going through them.

We also need more maps. Judging by pictures seen on Tumblr, Dockyard appears to be ruined. I'm praying that it's not, but that could very well be the case. Rather than adding to it, every awesome route was taken away (my guess anyways). Hoping that's not the case!

The crafting system needs to be reverted or at the very least, updated to include progression and lowered prices (prices like in the old system). The majority agree that the old system was better. There have been quite a few ideas here on the forum about how to implement both systems in one.

Fingers crossed....
  • M@rsM@rs Posts: 21
    bontsa wrote: »
    @M@rs @Mc1412013 In the "Map overhaul" dev video they stated while ranked is getting closed "for few weeks" between the seasons, "however when ranked season 2 starts, there is gonna be a few extra shiny things awaiting for you". Also I would be to guess, if quickjoin's matching algorhytm is getting changes I'm pretty sure Ranked one could be tweaked too if seen necessary.

I honestly hope something is done about it. It has been a long time. Ranked should be the main mode in any game that has that kind of competitive play. Makes no sense otherwise. I think this kills the game slowly.
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 1,641
    @bonsta i was being the unfunny person that i am with that comment i saw the same vid u did

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here