Planned Forum Maintenance - 24th May 2018

We will be doing maintenance on 24th May 2018. The forums will be read-only until the maintenance is finished.

New Dev Video: Map Surgery

stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 674Administrator, Moderator, Developer
With our maps under the digital knife, we asked environment artists The White Lycan and ElectricSheep about their map surgery methods.



Enjoy!
shoe.

Comments

  • You should totally make a gif of the first 5 seconds of the video.

    Seriously still cannot wait for this update, the new chapel lighting looks sexy.
  • I hope Dome will be optimized too, I want to see them details
  • wont adding more stuff to the map make it less optimized? can we expect the update for next week? early november so...
  • PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 531
    Can't wait for all of these changes !
  • THUNDAAATHUNDAAA Posts: 1,000
    DIRTY DOGE
  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,347
    Doge always comes.

    MakeMachinePistolsGoodAgain

  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419
    edited November 2016
    @stayfreshshoe there are people including me who dont use the face books is there an alternate way watch the q&a
    Post edited by Mc1412013 on

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • KiraysKirays Posts: 1,513Moderator
    Lovely! <3

    I can't wait for the update.
  • Asking the real question: WHEN ?
  • stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 674Administrator, Moderator, Developer
    Mc1412013 wrote: »
    @stayfreshshoe there are people including me who dont use the face books is there an alternate way watch the q&a

    We can upload the video here afterwards too for you to check out :)
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419
    Mc1412013 wrote: »
    @stayfreshshoe there are people including me who dont use the face books is there an alternate way watch the q&a

    We can upload the video here afterwards too for you to check out :)

    What happened to twitch you guys(devs) abandoned it

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • As far as I know Splash Damage and Nexon talked among themselves. Made a business decision based on some data collected during some time frame. That decision lead to the current format of video production and streaming... :)
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,419
    The_N00B wrote: »
    As far as I know Splash Damage and Nexon talked among themselves. Made a business decision based on some data collected during some time frame. That decision lead to the current format of video production and streaming... :)

    But why facebook live over twitch where every one had acces to it not every one has facebook just curious thats all

    Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,761Special Editor
    I hope Dome will be optimized too, I want to see them details

    I only hope these visual optimizations don't make lag worse, I play the game on higher settings because I like to see the details. But dome is already re-known for causing most computers issues. More foliage etc. might cause issues.

    I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

  • Mc1412013 wrote: »
    The_N00B wrote: »
    As far as I know Splash Damage and Nexon talked among themselves. Made a business decision based on some data collected during some time frame. That decision lead to the current format of video production and streaming... :)

    But why facebook live over twitch where every one had acces to it not every one has facebook just curious thats all

    It's cool to be curious. I think it is a good question. I hope @stayfreshshoe will be able to help out with your curiosity Mc1412013 when he goes back to work hopefully Monday. I have a feeling though his answer will be a better worded version of what I wrote. I still hoep he could and would go into more detail though. :)
  • guys....
    did @stayfreshshoe said Later This november?

    so its no longer early november?

    should we get compensation for this?
    Hammock - Oh the Bliss (Reinterpretation) | Far Cry 5
                                                                    
  • guys....
    did @stayfreshshoe said Later This november?

    so its no longer early november?

    He did, though its hard to say if the update would be coming out late November now or if it would just be coming out later in November compared to when the video was posted.

    should we get compensation for this?

    No.. why?
  • Dirty Bomb is down now (November 10th) for this update? I have not seen any post.
  • Dirty Bomb is down now (November 10th) for this update? I have not seen any post.

    Just security updates and routine maintenance for the servers...move along nothing to see here.
Sign In or Register to comment.