New Dev Video: Map Overhaul

stayfreshshoestayfreshshoe Posts: 598Administrator, Moderator, Developer
Want to get ahead on the gameplay improvements? Then watch the video and listen to AK and massE take you through it all!

Enjoy!
shoe.

Comments

• Ho boi that Bridge is pretty
  • blufflordblufflord Posts: 586
    edited October 2016
    holy @$!# sd are getting stuff done, gj guys. might get me a bit more excited for the game again
  • My favourite map? Used to be chapel on defense when I couldnt shoot. I would just bury EV under my airstrikes.

Now? I main Sparks and proxy. So its underground. This map doesnt have a lot of issues, if any. Even a heavy defense can be broken with a little smart play.
  • ThatJohnSThatJohnS Posts: 621
    This update looks better and better, hopefully no major bugs will appear :)
  • BlackBlack Posts: 511
    I don't know about that weaker generator update.

It seems like after that planting C4 on the objective starts to become redundant or a noob trap.
  • What is private match???? is it like matchmaking?
  • misspomisspo Posts: 476
    Want to get ahead on the gameplay improvements? Then watch the video and listen to AK and massE take you through it all!

Enjoy!
    shoe.

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/32493/french-ping-issue-on-dirty-bomb-free-as-operator/p1?new=1
  • Praise be for cleaning up the collision meshes. Probably my biggest pet peeve in the game.
  • watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,764
    Me right now, seriously excited for this.

1307397698102.jpg
    So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • Really appreciate for more regular updates! truly do
  • onLooSeonLooSe Posts: 154
    You might as well not start ranked season 2 and just remove it. After you annihilated it with removing it for few months cuz of a bug (instead of keeping it up, but make it just not record the score) what do you think it will happen when you remove it again? It never recovered the first time... how will it recover the next time?

I'm really sorry but this video is exactly the same as the previous one... Showing few more tweaks (which surely were planed before the previous video) to the old maps doesn't change a thing and you can't know if this will be beneficial at all... Hell, I'm leaning towards that you will be even forced to revert a lot of the stuff. Especially the generator fiasco and trainyard first objective.
  • Zar.Zar. Posts: 399
    onLooSe wrote: »
    how will it recover the next time?
    Perhaps with an actual unique reward for participating that people would care for?
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,090
    You mean attackers wont have to spend 90% of the time limit trying to repair

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• onLooSeonLooSe Posts: 154
    edited October 2016
    Kaur wrote: »
    onLooSe wrote: »
    how will it recover the next time?
    Perhaps with an actual unique reward for participating that people would care for?

Another "Gun dangler" is it then... that's the best they came up with.
    Post edited by onLooSe on
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 4,092
    edited October 2016
    Black wrote: »
    I don't know about that weaker generator update.

It seems like after that planting C4 on the objective starts to become redundant or a noob trap.

shouldnt have done...shoud've left it alone.

Good job devs, keep fixing things that doesnt need fixing.
    Post edited by GatoCommodore on
    Electric Light Orchestra - Prologue/Twilight

• XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,501Special Editor
    Let's just hope their map improvements and collision work doesn't include any papers:

0066e56af3c87dee52c807b8c50b9d89.jpg

I don't care how much you've played or how good your aim is - If you haven't touched the game at least twice in three months then I see your "opinion" as hot moot.

• SiegeFaceSiegeFace Posts: 690
    Cannot wait for the update, and these videos rock!
  • KiraysKirays Posts: 1,419Moderator
    Now don't forget to subscribe and if you do, we'll all go bananas!

@BananaSlug
  • kopyrightkopyright Posts: 482
    I am a little worried about the second stage of Bridge now... with the generator getting taken down that easily from a distance there is almost no point in defending it in the first place.
  • The_N00BaThe_N00Ba Posts: 810
    I though they said they were not changing the HP of the bridge one?
  • JostabeereJostabeere Posts: 4,233
    Who thought using mines to kill secondary doors was a good idea? If any merc has a possibility to do that, fine. If not, mercs with heavy explosives will be even stronger. And the minemonkey doesn't need a buff...Seriously.
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    MOFO update wasn't such a disappointment
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

• Dieu-SamaDieu-Sama Posts: 194
    edited October 2016
    Enjoy!
    shoe.

SHAVE. THY. WEAK. BEARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lowering the generator health is a concern , if you could repair once destroyed would help ease it , but as mentioned makes planting c4 redundent , even losing10% health each repair would ease the pain but why plant c4 anymore ??
  • SithasSithas Posts: 229
    While the most of map improvements where nice, i'm very worried about the generator health reduction. I hope this doesnt allow mine monkey and flethcer to use their explosives instead of planting the dyna to disable secondary objectives.
  • blufflordblufflord Posts: 586
    Sithas wrote: »
    While the most of map improvements where nice, i'm very worried about the generator health reduction. I hope this doesnt allow mine monkey and flethcer to use their explosives instead of planting the dyna to disable secondary objectives.

I believe from the youtube comments on that video, they said they changed it from 12 nades to 7 nades from nader to kill objective, so im not sure how that translates over to fletcher and proxy tho.
  • The generator health is kinda worrying. especially maps that rely on it. But I am really excited for private matches tho!
  • Mc1412013Mc1412013 Posts: 2,090
    Sithas wrote: »

I believe from the youtube comments on that video, they said they changed it from 12 nades to 7 nades from nader to kill objective, so im not sure how that translates over to fletcher and proxy tho.

If i can take out the ev with a few sticky bombs its would be just as easy with fletcher to take out gen

Hey look i finaly got a sig , and nothing to put here

• Taking generator health down changes a lot of strats and makes the gens practically useless to put up
  • sonsofaugust5sonsofaugust5 Posts: 216
    edited October 2016
    this game needs some tasks to do to keep things interesting. Like achievements or something. get 40 kills before you die type stuff that unlocks little things or if you get enough things unlocked you get a bronze gen 1 card of your choice or something.For anyone that has every merc theres nothing to do, now that the dbn tournament is over. dbn keeps the game alive for a lot of comp or experienced players.
  • actually if it only effects the trainyard gens and underground gens its not that big of a deal. defense on underground will get a lot harder, same goes for train. people have been saying you can shoot the gens open, im guessing its not that easy.