Epic Kills 3 Contest!

RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic Posts: 922
edited October 2016 in The Vault
cs8uwgzb2o0o.jpg
Do you specialize in crowd control? Make your omelettes with eggs-of-death? Stoke your BBQ with the screams of your enemies? Then it’s time to kill with style!
Create a video pulling off the most epic kills in Dirty Bomb and reap fame, glory, custom gear, and in-game rewards!

Prizes:
  • First Place: Custom Dirty Bomb Branded Logitech G G303 Mouse + Dirty Bomb T-shirt + 100,000 credits + 2x Elite Cases
  • Second Place: Dirty Bomb T-shirt + 100,000 credits + 2x Elite Cases
  • Third Place: Dirty Bomb T-shirt + 65,000 credits + 2x Elite Cases

To participate, all you have to do is leave a link to your YouTube video in a comment below!

Participating Countries:
  • United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), United Kingdom, Germany, and France.

Quick Rules:
  • Note that if you use a song that you don't have the rights to/isn't free use - we will be forced to disqualify it.
  • Please keep the video between 1-7 min and make sure it's on YouTube!
  • Your video must contain footage created no earlier than October 10, 2016. The inclusion of any gameplay footage from prior to October 10, 2016 may result in disqualification.
  • Ends 3rd November 2016 at 11:59:59PST
  • Read the official rules here in English, German or French.

Good luck Dirty players! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Post edited by RazielWarmonic on

Comments

• Time to put all those shadowplay recordings to good use!
  • HonourBoundHonourBound Posts: 223Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Just to let you guys know:

End Date: 3rd November 2016 at 11:59:59PST
    Post edited by HonourBound on
  • Im from Venezuela its a shame.
  • DagasawrDagasawr Posts: 372
    edited October 2016
    its a shame most non-copyright music sounds cheesy and over used. ah well gl to anyone that enters
  • SiegeFaceSiegeFace Posts: 690
    I was already working on a fragmovie, so the timing is perfect. Ill have to change the song now, unless i can get permission.
  • Daga wrote: »
    its a shame most non-copyright music sounds cheesy and over used. ah well gl to anyone that enters

There is SOOO much out there! I'm sure anyone who enters can find something awesome!
  • MatteMGMatteMG Posts: 133
    "Your video must contain footage created no earlier than October 10, 2016. The inclusion of any gameplay footage from prior to October 10, 2016 may result in disqualification."

Really?
    So I have 20 Days to get clips and edit them? I cant use my previous clips? That Sucks.
  • There is SOOO much out there! I'm sure anyone who enters can find something awesome!

Would that be a problem if i didnt live in germany but provided german adress ?
  • There is SOOO much out there! I'm sure anyone who enters can find something awesome!

Would that be a problem if i didnt live in germany but provided german adress ?

You must reside in one of the participating countries to be eligible to win.
  • Participating Countries:
    United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), United Kingdom, Germany, and France.

RIP :'(
  • how do you submit an entry?

also for like public domain music, is it alright if you add a credit at the end of the video?(some sites require the music site credited when you use it.)
  • You must reside in one of the participating countries to be eligible to win.

Kinda dick move to a pretty major part of your player base, especially that those contests did work in more countries in the past. Oh well.
  • how do you submit an entry?

also for like public domain music, is it alright if you add a credit at the end of the video?(some sites require the music site credited when you use it.)

As long as you play by the music creator's rules, you should be good!
    You must reside in one of the participating countries to be eligible to win.

Kinda dick move to a pretty major part of your player base, especially that those contests did work in more countries in the past. Oh well.

The majority of our player base resides in the countries above, and unfortunately the past ones weren't ran exactly they way they should have been and we've been cracking down on legal rules for things like this.

I know it sucks and I wish I could include everyone, but at the very least I am trying to alternate between in-game prizing (everyone is included) and physical (restricted). :frowning:
  • The_N00BaThe_N00Ba Posts: 810
    I am sure they are trying their best to include as many people from as many different countries as possible. Unfortunately, I can see the laws and cultural differences of each country can making this difficult. Such is the world we live in. :)
    edited October 2016
    I think you are doing a good job Raziel. Keep it up. :)

Oh and Raz.... very clever putting the different language versions of the rules in The vault.
    Just to let you guys know:

End Date: 1st November 2016 at 11:59:59PST

• AlphaUTAlphaUT Posts: 629
    @$!#, I was just gonna send one of my hacker vassili video, " no earlier than Oct 6".
  • The majority of our player base resides in the countries above, and unfortunately the past ones weren't ran exactly they way they should have been and we've been cracking down on legal rules for things like this.
    I know it sucks and I wish I could include everyone, but at the very least I am trying to alternate between in-game prizing (everyone is included) and physical (restricted). :frowning:

I dont blame you since you probably have no say about this stuff but nexon seems to be one of only a few companies that have problems with those type of contests.

I honestly dont know which law stops you from sending 1 mouse to spain/russia/australia or any other country.

The sad thing is that a ton of people will never have a chance at Branded Logitech G303 Mouse or something branded with dirty bomb logo because those are always limited for certain countries for whatever reasons. I was kinda happy when i seen this thread but when i saw i cant even participate i just got salty.
    The_N00B wrote: »
    I am sure they are trying their best to include as many people from as many different countries as possible. Unfortunately, I can see the laws and cultural differences of each country can making this difficult. Such is the world we live in. :)

Other, smaller, companies can deal with those laws and cultural differences, not really sure why nexon cannot.
  • bushygbushyg Posts: 233
    Maybe rename it to Epic Bugs and people can make montages of not reloading properly or throwing nades and watching them disappear. I can already imagine some awesome Fletcher footage considering how broken he is right now.
  • If the Hotline Miami soundtrack is fair game, there should be significantly fewer music issues. That stuff's gold.
  • SiegeFaceSiegeFace Posts: 690
    bushyg wrote: »
    Maybe rename it to Epic Bugs and people can make montages of not reloading properly or throwing nades and watching them disappear. I can already imagine some awesome Fletcher footage considering how broken he is right now.

Glad to see someone is keeping a positive attitude around here...
  • GhostEntityGhostEntity Posts: 60
    edited October 2016
    At first I was a little dirty (heh) about not being able to enter but after watching previous winners... well... I can't pull that kind of thing off (reliably (*sigh* not even close lol)) and thats without even considering bad ass video editing skills (none) lol.

Good luck to those that enter and I look forward to pretending I'm you when I watch your videos ;)
  • bontsabontsa Posts: 1,607
    edited October 2016
    Damn these old montages make me wish the old objective markers could be toggle-able on until SD makes them properly transparent.
    Post edited by bontsa on
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?
  • Herr_HanzHerr_Hanz Posts: 1,145
    seriously, let me enter, and if i win ill pay for shipping fees and whatever.

feels like were back in 1919 where only the biggest and most important countries mattered.

-salty dutch guy

Herr Hanz

• DagasawrDagasawr Posts: 372
    Herr_Hanz wrote: »

feels like were back in 1919 where only the biggest and most important countries mattered.

-salty dutch guy

its normally do to contest laws differing from country to country, i dont think its about the shipping costs
  • Herr_HanzHerr_Hanz Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2016
    Daga wrote: »
    Herr_Hanz wrote: »

-salty dutch guy

its normally do to contest laws differing from country to country, i dont think its about the shipping costs

yea, im just salty.

i looked it up, the article is about quebec, but im guessing other countries have almost the same thing.

https://www.thebalance.com/why-are-so-many-competitions-void-in-quebec-896835

Herr Hanz

They probably do. I think it stinks that the world is like that but that is the reality... for now.
    Luckily Raziel is at least trying to alternate things so every one has a chance for something at some time.

I honestly feel she cares about us the players. She has been there herself. She is going to do what she can within the rules and laws of society.

Besides all that this is supposed to be fun. FUN!

Just because you are ineligible to enter does not mean you must remove yourself completely from having fun with it. if you have friends in other eligible countries trying to enter, cheer them on. Or suggest some of your friends in other eligible countries to try to enter. Who knows what can happen.

The point though is to have fun with this. :smile:
  • kittz0rkittz0r Posts: 284
    Who will decide the Skill Part? People who play on your Stream and can barely walk straight or just do Jumpy Jumpy Moves?
  • Again, I understand everyone's frustrations about rules, but due to local laws that is just how it's has to be for now. I cannot verify how other companies do their rules. I am trying with every contest to include more people and give things out in different ways. :smile:
    Who will decide the Skill Part? People who play on your Stream and can barely walk straight or just do Jumpy Jumpy Moves?

As someone who used to work for ESL as a game lead and head admin, used to run high level Dirty Bomb competitions, and constantly hangs around higher level players, I know how to differentiate skill (or at least I like to think I do). The way we play on stream is no where near what most of us play like off stream as well. :smile: But yes, myself, a couple people at Nexon, and a few at Splash Damage will all judge this contest together. It's not just about skill, that's only 50% of it. A good and creative montage can compete as well! I am pretty excited overall to see the videos that come in.

This discussion has been closed.