K121 playstyle?

2»

Comments

• nokiIInokiII Posts: 534
    The Blishlok is a modernized Thompson Chambered in 9mm.
    c6cKbd8.jpg
    @sweetColumn
    I hope you realize, that on the blishlok itself is a "CALIBRE .45ACP" marking.

Fun fact, the name Blishlok comes from the Blish Lock which is the locking action of the thompson smg / autorifle.
    nerf snippers.
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,632
    edited October 2016
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    The Blishlok is a modernized Thompson Chambered in 9mm.
    c6cKbd8.jpg
    @sweetColumn
    I hope you realize, that on the blishlok itself is a "CALIBRE .45ACP" marking.

Fun fact, the name Blishlok comes from the Blish Lock which is the locking action of the thompson smg / autorifle.

i hope you know there is things called "Barrel and Receiver Conversion."
    443468_201205060917300486.jpg
    PPSH-41 used 7.62×25mm Tokarev Cartridge and the Germans Converted it to 9mm Luger
    that accept MP40 Mag.

2ew0fas.jpg
    you see this here? This Is FN FAL converted into 45ACP eating Thompson Mag

if the gun says 5.56 but it ate 9mm magazine is it a 5.56 rifle?

Fun Fact, The Blishlock Magazine has 9mm Auto on it.

More Fun Fact, its the same magazine as the SMG-9 Magazine.
    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive

• Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    I have a lot of time with k121 (much of which is on youtube). I feel as though it's a pretty damn good medium range weapon. It's definitely not just a CQC weapon. You just have to know how to control it while firing. You have to adjust for more than just recoil as it likes to move all over and know when to burst. It was covered earlier that switching to ADS after you fire some shots from the hip is a good thing with the K121 and I agree. I very quickly adopted ADS usage early when firing because it's devastating and accurate.

The m4 is going to be more consistent for a lot of players and it's also familiar due to being on other mercs. I do think learning the K121 is worth it and when you master it the gun is a lot of fun.

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • SorotiaSorotia Posts: 1,371
    Herr_Hanz wrote: »
    Dox wrote: »
    The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it's pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points.
    sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

howbout removing the stark from thunder and replace it with the K121?

I was hoping when they made the second gen loadouts that Fragger would get access to the MK and Thunder the K121...but it never happened. :'(
    edited November 2016
    Amerika wrote: »
    I have a lot of time with k121 (much of which is on youtube). I feel as though it's a pretty damn good medium range weapon. It's definitely not just a CQC weapon. You just have to know how to control it while firing. You have to adjust for more than just recoil as it likes to move all over and know when to burst. It was covered earlier that switching to ADS after you fire some shots from the hip is a good thing with the K121 and I agree. I very quickly adopted ADS usage early when firing because it's devastating and accurate.

The m4 is going to be more consistent for a lot of players and it's also familiar due to being on other mercs. I do think learning the K121 is worth it and when you master it the gun is a lot of fun.

the Iron sight is broken tho.
    i rarely use it since even the target are in front of me, i still cant hit jack sh it

its driving me mad.

thats why im laying it off and just play with M4

You're still alive

i rarely use it since even the target are in front of me, i still cant hit jack sh it

its driving me mad.

I don't doubt it's broken. However, I have zero issues hitting people when using it. The accuracy issues only come into play at extreme distances where you have a ton of fall-off anyway.

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • Amerika wrote: »

its driving me mad.

I don't doubt it's broken. However, I have zero issues hitting people when using it. The accuracy issues only come into play at extreme distances where you have a ton of fall-off anyway.

well, not extreme distance, more of like Medium to long distance the Iron sight dont work since the bullets should hit the point on the top of the iron sight but it came out on the near left under the Tip of the iron sight.

Shots that should have been hit the head didnt hit the head.

game changing situation where you have to kill a guy who you have to tap shoot at, not getting shot at all since the aim is off

You're still alive

edited November 2016
    V8bt5zB.png

as you can see here mr @Amerika the bullet came out in the red mumble crosschair, but the ironsight is so far above.

note that this is while firing the weapon which made me miss a lot in a firefight either medium range or close range.

even tho you can use mumble overlay to ADS you cant really see the target since its covered by the iron sight.

this issue has been confirmed by someone a while back but i just cant understand why its not fixed yet.

i do hope the november update brings good news.

You're still alive

edited November 2016
    V8bt5zB.png

as you can see here mr @Amerika the bullet came out in the red mumble crosschair, but the ironsight is so far above.

note that this is while firing the weapon which made me miss a lot in a firefight either medium range or close range.

even tho you can use mumble overlay to ADS you cant really see the target since its covered by the iron sight.

this issue has been confirmed by someone a while back but i just cant understand why its not fixed yet.

i do hope the november update brings good news.

I'm aware of this. That's why I said, "I don't doubt it's broken". But it's nothing that can't be easily adjusted since you know where to put the site. And, again, it's only an issue at extreme ranges. My accuracy with a K121 is around 39% and that's with me shooting at walls constantly to get an idea on spread patterns and figure out controlling it (and a crap load of EV shooting). It's not as high as my m4 average, which is a few points higher (going off of my alt account that doesn't include hours of shooting at walls either), but considering it's a much slower firing weapon that's pretty much expected.

Don't get me wrong, I would like the crosshairs to be fixed. But once you know what is broken with a crosshair/ads sight you can easily adjust. If you aren't hitting targets right in front of you it's not the gun.
    Post edited by Amerika_KC on

• I think I usually end up just holding down M1 and hoping to get hits. I love the feeling of sending a lot of bullets down range, which is why I love playing with Thunder's MG <3
  • The time when K-121 had 18dmg, it was one of the strongest gun in DB history.

But not only K-121, but machine guns in this game has huge disadvantage over the other guns.

I'll list what K-121's problem is.

1.) Bullet/Spread is way too damn high. Machine guns are meant to spray bullets, but you just CAN'T in DB.

K-121's spread is much better compared to MK.46, considering it's dmg/bullet, but it is still way too high that you can't even jump once when you are handling the MG.

Jump shot is absolutely impossible with this gun.

Also, Fast reload cancel can reset your starting spread at least(This is what Drilled Timik, or Crotzni users use.), but like I said before, again, you CAN'T with this reload speed and reload cancel timing.

Problem is BR-16 shoots THREE 17dmg bullet within a click, has much lower dmg, has higher range (29m>27m) than K-121.

2.) 17.5% movement speed decrease.

I know. MGs are meant to be heavy. But this is way too much.

Minigun and Nader's grenade launcher is -18%.

It's going to make your Fragger move like a slug, slower than Thunder with AR.

385 x 0.825 = 318

375 x 0.875 = 328 (AR has 12.5% reduction)

3.) Broken ironsight + jolting gun body.

welp this is what you and @Amerika discussed about, but this problem relates to the excessive spread problem.

You must ironsight when you feel the spread is too wide to hit someone, but K-121's ADS is one of the most horrible thing in DB alongside with Timik ADSing.

This is why I always use mumble whenever I want to enjoy K51 Fragger.

Not even broken ironsight, but the gun just shakes the hell out of your screen that the bouncing ironsight hides the target all the damn time.

So my point of how to use this gun is -

Use your starting spread wisely. Control your spread. (Also applies to MK.46)

Don't try to shoot targets that are too far. MG's movement speed decrease (+ Fragger's big head) makes you an easy target for snipers, and 27m range isn't far enough to kill snipers, unlike BR-16 does.

JUST USE BR-16 OVER K-121.

K-121's DPS and dmg/bullet is really well balanced. mid-range fight is quite strong with this gun.

17dmg is especially good when killing thunder. 5 headshots, 10 body shot is all you need.

BUT, be aware when shooting 120HP male mercs because the dmg efficiency is really bad against them.

17 x 7 = 119 you have to shoot one more time to clearly finish them.

K-121 has WORST reload speed in DB along with WORST reload cancel timing( cancel timing is way too late that reload cancel doesn't even give you any advantage.)

So I really recommend you to use K51 Drilled + Focus, the best gunning loadout.
  • IcecoalIcecoal Posts: 308
    The gun is fine imo , absolute beast when you get a feeling for the recoil. Its just not as versatile as the m4 but close up you mow down thunder like its nothing and laugh at his mk46.
  • watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,742
    Honestly the K 121's biggest problem for me, is being able to accuartely put bursts down range.

I like the idea, of a guy that you have to fire in 1-3 short burts but can go fully nuts in aiming, the problem is hipfire is kinda garbage atm compared to other guns, and the sights are not aligned. Fix those issues and the K 121 will start to DOMINATE like it used to.

The M4 is still the golden standard as far as I can concerned.
    So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • TandemTandem Posts: 5

Melts in cqc, devastating medium range and perfectly viable at extreme distance without the use ads.

• KiraysKirays Posts: 1,367Moderator

Check the date of the thread you want to post in, this one is very old already. :)

This discussion has been closed.