K121 playstyle?

GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,623
edited October 2016 in Weapon Discussion
what sort of play you guys use while playing K121?

it sort of shoot like battle rifle at the moment and not very good against mercs with medium-small hitbox at medium range. I kinda miss alot while using K121 even tho i ADS with it.

even now i rarely see fragger weilding K121 and prefer to M4 Masterrace because consistency and accuracy while hipfiring.

why should i use M4 over K121 for maximum salt dispenser?
Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

Bayonetta, you're a mystery
You come along with a destiny
This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
Bayonetta, this is your time
You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
Sadness lies in your smile
But victory shines in your eyes
You're still alive

Comments

• DawnlazyDawnlazy Posts: 1,157
    It's a weapon that sometimes can require you to ADS even at mid-range after firing like 15 or so shots, and your recoil control will also be pretty important since it makes the crosshair jump around a lot. I recommend using a mumble crosshair overlay since the sights are terribly misaligned.

Personally I prefer the M4 on Fragger with its much more chill recoil, plus having a primary that specifically deals 17 damage gives me OCD whenever I only manage to deal 119 damage to a 120HP merc.
  • Herr_HanzHerr_Hanz Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2016
    Dawnrazor wrote: »
    It's a weapon that sometimes can require you to ADS even at mid-range after firing like 15 or so shots, and your recoil control will also be pretty important since it makes the crosshair jump around a lot. I recommend using a mumble crosshair overlay since the sights are terribly misaligned.

Personally I prefer the M4 on Fragger with its much more chill recoil, plus having a primary that specifically deals 17 damage gives me OCD whenever I only manage to deal 119 damage to a 120HP merc.

basically it. the mumble crosshair will save your life when using the iron sights of any gun.

the k121 is for very close range to mid range, thats the only place you should hipfire. for me i only use it over the m4 because im an LMG enthousiast. the K121 is just more fun to use, really makes me feel like a tank while playing.

K121 awesome to use, and good against any mercs (but especially small mercs) in close range. but the M4 is better overall, because it has less spread and better iron sights.

Herr Hanz

• jooshoyesjooshoyes Posts: 322
    M4 fragger will always be king just because it suits his playstyle. Whilst the K121 does suit him aswell, its consistency(due to its spread and poor ironsights) is poor. Really, the spread can be the kicker, same thing with the mk46.

The playstyle I would recommend is simply put being an entry fragger. One that leads the push. ALWAYS make sure you play to this lmgs strength, outgunning low hp mercs and suppressing other enemies with its high damage. This is quite effectivd.
  • Jokder wrote: »
    M4 fragger will always be king just because it suits his playstyle. Whilst the K121 does suit him aswell, its consistency(due to its spread and poor ironsights) is poor. Really, the spread can be the kicker, same thing with the mk46.

The playstyle I would recommend is simply put being an entry fragger. One that leads the push. ALWAYS make sure you play to this lmgs strength, outgunning low hp mercs and suppressing other enemies with its high damage. This is quite effectivd.

while playing in the pub, while im on the lead of a push, everybody just gonna stop and camp anyway. Makes you think people really scared of dying in virtual murder game.

You're still alive

• ReddeadcapReddeadcap Posts: 1,296
    Best used shooting from the him at really close ranges.

Best loadout cards are the
    Generation 1 K51 Power Gunner or Generation 2 K51 Revised Gunner

As they have Focus as they will reduce your flinching and Drilled as that helps the reload speed of the LMG, Generation 2's K51 also has Tough to make health regen kick in sooner which makes it infinitely better than Cool as turrets are a deathtrap.
  • BananaSlugBananaSlug Posts: 1,894
    shoot the bad guys when you see them, they die... complicated, isn't it?
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)━☆゚.*・。゚ SD
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    woosh, keep going
    keeeeeeeep goin!
    yee, you guessed it... keeeeeeep goin
    lol you really want to see the end
    you almost got to the end
    lol, no
    i will tell you now, there is nothing at the end
    nothing i say
    ok, maybe something
    curiosity is the first step to hell
    my mom said that not sure why
    and bang here is the end
    you will be very suprised
    I
    B(no not bananas)
    BUCKETS
    you fool, why would you trust me, lol
    kek
    lmao
    did you know that you cannot die, because you eat banans
    thats because they make you immortal
    its scientific fact
    and i confirmed that many times
    eat bananas or die, i say
    there is always lenny at the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    sometimes even a wall of them
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/spoiler[/spoiler[/spoiler
    BananaSlug wrote: »

but they do the same thing! how can i be a special snowflake?

Herr Hanz

• BananaSlug wrote: »

except when you shoot them nothing hits!

You're still alive

• doxjqdoxjq Posts: 2,063
    The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it's pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points.
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,623
    edited October 2016
    Dox wrote: »
    The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it's pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points.

lets see
    • Big damage
    • Super CQC
    • Holding Down Chokepoint
    • Bad Accuracy At Range (only on special occasion the sight works

1459196684-screen-shot-2016-03-28-at-12252-pm.png

even tho fragger needs this

JFBDtz4.jpg

You're still alive

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

howbout removing the stark from thunder and replace it with the K121?

Herr Hanz

• Herr_Hanz wrote: »

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

and give the Stark to Fragger!
    actually thats not bad at all.

You're still alive

• Thai-SanThai-San Posts: 445
    Herr_Hanz wrote: »

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.
    ThaiSan wrote: »

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG's, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.

Herr Hanz

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG's, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.

Completely removing them from Fragger seems a bit too harsh for my taste. He's an assault merc, why shouldn't he be able to use a BFAR?

I just think that two is one too many. I don't use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don't know I'm more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Completely removing them from Fragger seems a bit too harsh for my taste. He's an assault merc, why shouldn't he be able to use a BFAR?

I just think that two is one too many. I don't use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don't know I'm more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.

true. i figured burst rifles arent really for thunder/fragger because the grenades are for CQC or being close to the enemy, which burst rifles arent meant for.

Herr Hanz

• ThaiSan wrote: »

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?
    Big Fuggen Assault Rifle?

You're still alive

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,741
    Honestly for me I don't mind the big spread on the K 121, but I feel like the time it takes for the spread to settle after shooting, or max spread can be reduced.

This way you have to fire in bursts from the hip more, but full auto while aiming is hella powerful.

Also some sights that are properly aligned would help :P
    So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?

"Burst Fire Assault Rifles"

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?

Please dont make up term that doesnt exist. People get confused.

You're still alive

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?

Well, at least in my Blacklight Retribution times BF and AR were more common then the actual words they are shortening and BFAR or BFR was widely spread. So I saw no problem in using them. Also looking back at the topic it should be pretty self explanatory. @Herr_Hanz didn't seem to have any problem with understanding me.

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?

Well, at least in my Blacklight Retribution times BF and AR were more common then the actual words they are shortening and BFAR or BFR was widely spread. So I saw no problem in using them. Also looking back at the topic it should be pretty self explanatory. @Herr_Hanz didn't seem to have any problem with understanding me.

We called it Burst Rifles in here. A sub category of Assault Rifles.

You're still alive

edited October 2016

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?

Isn't that what I said?

edit: more or less :3

Well, good to know you're the Dirty Bomb terms police. I'll be more carefull now. Thanks officer.

sniper

JFBDtz4.jpg

Whats BFAR?

Isn't that what I said?

edit: more or less :3

Well, good to know you're the Dirty Bomb terms police. I'll be more carefull now. Thanks officer.

i had no idea what BFAR meant, my while text was about your second line, stating that you like the possibility to switch to a burst rifle, and that 2 LMG's may be too many.

Herr Hanz

Okay then. I'll stop shortening my words ^^

My whole point was that as an assault mercenary he shouldn't just be limited to light machine guns but also Assault rifles (Full Automatic Triggering mechanisms and burst fire triggering mechanisms alike) since Assault Rifles hint the name that they are used by assaults? Not everyone likes heavy hitters as light machine guns are.

So as it is of right now:
    One light machine gun
    One Assault rifle with a full automatic triggering mechanism
    and one Assault Rifle with a burst fire triggering mechanism
    Is good since it fits the Mercenaries role on the battlefield and grants a loadout for everyone to enjoy.
  • I dont understand this weapon at all.
    I mean, the weaknesses are obvious: very slow movespeed, very inaccurate with high bloom and slow regeneration/ high recoil, low-ish rate of fire, long reload time.
    What are the actual merits that would make me choose this gun over the M4 or the BR?

the magsize is nice but the long reload balances that i think. The dps is not higher by any relevant margin, effectively i'd say its rather meh cause low rof + bad accuracy causes painful misses and limits the range to reliably headshot.
    To a lower degree the same applies to the MK. Why would anyone use them?
    I think they need a solid damage buff. They certainly FEEL like LMGs, it would be good if the targets feel it as well.
    edited October 2016
    I dont understand this weapon at all.
    I mean, the weaknesses are obvious: very slow movespeed, very inaccurate with high bloom and slow regeneration/ high recoil, low-ish rate of fire, long reload time.
    What are the actual merits that would make me choose this gun over the M4 or the BR?

the magsize is nice but the long reload balances that i think. The dps is not higher by any relevant margin, effectively i'd say its rather meh cause low rof + bad accuracy causes painful misses and limits the range to reliably headshot.
    To a lower degree the same applies to the MK. Why would anyone use them?
    I think they need a solid damage buff. They certainly FEEL like LMGs, it would be good if the targets feel it as well.

ikr

i mean LMGs are used for supressing fire, which makes enemies hesitate to face Thunder or Fragger directly. But in this case, the accuracy is so bad and the damage isnt that good makes me wants to jump in front of them and stab them just to prove the LMG arent that good compared to M4, Timik, BR-16, Stark AR.

i get it that the K121 is based of the HK21K, a G3 Pattern weapon.
    The G3 rifle itself having trouble that it suffers from accuracy while shooting on full auto.

extra:

Oh @$!# you guys. HK21K has a POI (Point Of Impact) problems at 50-100 yds way beyond the scope of windage adjustment on the rear sight, indicaiting serious misalignement of the barrel with the receiver.

I didnt think the guys at SD really do research about the guns. Its somehow intended to be like that. Fragger owns an 80's Faulty Belt fed Shortened poorly converted machinegun.

Thats one for the lore right there.

You're still alive

• JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,084
    edited October 2016
    And Bushwhacker therefore is a gunsmith that was able to make an improved military-grade KRISS Vector; the original was not used by any army because of the weapon's terrible recoil. I bet he made millions from the sales his weapon got due to Aura, Phantom, Sawbonez, and Fletcher buying his product.

Because like hell Fletcher would be making a useful medium range weapon. He's too stupid to recognize the significance of long distance fights.
    edited October 2016
    JJMAJR wrote: »
    And Bushwhacker therefore is a gunsmith that was able to make an improved military-grade KRISS Vector; the original was not used by any army because of the weapon's terrible recoil. I bet he made millions from the sales his weapon got due to Aura, Phantom, Sawbonez, and Fletcher buying his product.

Because like hell Fletcher would be making a useful medium range weapon. He's too stupid to recognize the significance of long distance fights.

the original KRISS vector wasnt used by the army because the gun is very hard to field strip and clean than AR-15 or MP5. Also its plastic frame is not good for long term fire fight because it melts. (look up M4 melting plastic frame)

And KRISS is wobbly as fudge.

The Blishlok is a modernized Thompson Chambered in 9mm.
    c6cKbd8.jpg
    Post edited by GatoCommodore on

You're still alive

• BananaSlugBananaSlug Posts: 1,894
    JJMAJR wrote: »

the original KRISS vector wasnt used by the army because the gun is very hard to field strip and clean than AR-15 or MP5. Also its plastic frame is not good for long term fire fight because it melts. (look up M4 melting plastic frame)

And KRISS is wobbly as fudge.

The Blishlok is a modernized Thompson Chambered in 9mm.
    c6cKbd8.jpg

dont get this as reference, its just lazynes from devs because this mag is also for smg9 and i think more, but i dont remember
    BananaSlug wrote: »

except when you shoot them nothing hits!

then you just need to learn to aim :v

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)━☆゚.*・。゚ SD
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    woosh, keep going
    keeeeeeeep goin!
    yee, you guessed it... keeeeeeep goin
    lol you really want to see the end
    you almost got to the end
    lol, no
    i will tell you now, there is nothing at the end
    nothing i say
    ok, maybe something
    curiosity is the first step to hell
    my mom said that not sure why
    and bang here is the end
    you will be very suprised
    I
    B(no not bananas)
    BUCKETS
    you fool, why would you trust me, lol
    kek
    lmao
    did you know that you cannot die, because you eat banans
    thats because they make you immortal
    its scientific fact
    and i confirmed that many times
    eat bananas or die, i say
    there is always lenny at the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    sometimes even a wall of them
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/spoiler[/spoiler[/spoiler
This discussion has been closed.