Rate the music above you.

1235

Comments

  • @sweetColumn i disagree with your statement about what determines a good song, each individual person has their own unique response to a track and whether a song is good or not is completely subjective and also the artist may have done things intentionally.

    For example (I am not talking about a specific song here) you could say that the mixing was bad because the ambient sample in the background was too overpowering, this track is bad.
    However, what if the composer intentionally made it dominate the track, then they would consider that they have made something good, because that was the purpose.

    And many people do like this song, they have over 130k subscribers on their youtube channel and I should think they have many fans not subscribed to them on youtube too.

    To clarify, I don't disagree with your rating, i disagree with the comment, a comment which also did not state why you gave it that rating (i guess it isn't required though).

  • blonkblonk Posts: 417
    the thing is about song, it should be at least can/could be enjoyed by everyone in order to be called a good song.

    So I guess Justin Bieber and One Direction are the best then right, since they get enjoyed by so many people? Their videos get millions of likes so it must be pretty good!
    For example (I am not talking about a specific song here) you could say that the mixing was bad because the ambient sample in the background was too overpowering, this track is bad.
    However, what if the composer intentionally made it dominate the track, then they would consider that they have made something good, because that was the purpose.

    I listen to a lot of shite that could objectivey be called repetitive nonsense and even borderline earrapey, but I think your definiton ventures very close to the "2deep4u" sorta thinking. It's great to like niche stuff of course, hopefully people here can share that and introduce people to things they might not normally have listened to, especially if it's offroad from the dreary top10 charts!

    It's okay, going to be very subjective to cover Bowie, I'd rather listen to the original personally but I like the video! Speaking of covers - I heard this oddball one on the radio and it made me smile



  • blonk wrote: »
    the thing is about song, it should be at least can/could be enjoyed by everyone in order to be called a good song.

    So I guess Justin Bieber and One Direction are the best then right, since they get enjoyed by so many people? Their videos get millions of likes so it must be pretty good!
    For example (I am not talking about a specific song here) you could say that the mixing was bad because the ambient sample in the background was too overpowering, this track is bad.
    However, what if the composer intentionally made it dominate the track, then they would consider that they have made something good, because that was the purpose.

    I listen to a lot of shite that could objectivey be called repetitive nonsense and even borderline earrapey, but I think your definiton ventures very close to the "2deep4u" sorta thinking. It's great to like niche stuff of course, hopefully people here can share that and introduce people to things they might not normally have listened to, especially if it's offroad from the dreary top10 charts!

    It's okay, going to be very subjective to cover Bowie, I'd rather listen to the original personally but I like the video! Speaking of covers - I heard this oddball one on the radio and it made me smile



    7/10 because I was too busy reading what the post above was.
    Anyway here's the full version of this:
  • XavienXXavienX Posts: 2,404
    edited December 2016
    @MrLashnibro
    Anyway here's the full version of this:

    7/10, not too shabby >_<

  • Xavien wrote: »

    7/10, not too shabby >_<


    lol. That was pretty funny, though after awhile I had enough of it. :D
    6.5/10




  • TheVulpesFoxTheVulpesFox Posts: 502
    tominatorx wrote: »




    6.5, I don't know why but most game music I don't like. However I can see that this could fit the mood of a certain scene in a game.


    This kid is only 15 years old.
  • Sefuh_FRSefuh_FR Posts: 45
    edited January 3

    7/10
    Not the kind of music i listen but it's not bad at all.





  • tominatorxtominatorx Posts: 670
    Sefuh_FR wrote: »
    7/10
    Not the kind of music i listen but it's not bad at all.


    Ok, that was hilarious and weird... :D 8/10

    I know Black Frday has passed some time now but for some reason your song reminded me of this song.

  • TheVulpesFoxTheVulpesFox Posts: 502
    tominatorx wrote: »
    I know Black Frday has passed some time now but for some reason your song reminded me of this song.

    9/10 I'm glad I don't live in in America. Good lyrics.
  • LoafOfBreadLoafOfBread Posts: 460
    edited February 2
    tominatorx wrote: »
    I know Black Frday has passed some time now but for some reason your song reminded me of this song.

    9/10 I'm glad I don't live in in America. Good lyrics.


    Never liked this type of music so I cant really give a rating without bias



    E:Playing this song with keyboards is quite fun

    "Real Accordions don't sound like accordions" - Christopher Bowes

    E2: Also this guys are the most cheesiest group ever (Melee only rhino class trolling)

  • Alestorm always 10/10. Seen them a few times, last time ended with me fighting a 3 meter tall rubber duck with an inflatable pirate sword while crowdsurfing.

  • tominatorxtominatorx Posts: 670
    Slam wrote: »
    Alestorm always 10/10. Seen them a few times, last time ended with me fighting a 3 meter tall rubber duck with an inflatable pirate sword while crowdsurfing.


    I like it a lot. Nice clean vocals, some really nice heavy parts. 9/10 - excellent :)

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622
    8/10

    Reminds me of Freddy Mercury Voice

    we need to revive this thread. I havent got some new good music to listen lately





    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622
    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • BlackboltLWBlackboltLW Posts: 583

    Good thing I was bored so I'll kickstart this thread again.

    Nice future funk vibe, 8/10. Reminds me of Tara's remixed version of Takeuchi Mariya's "Plastic Love"

    How about some Mongolian Metal

  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622

    Good thing I was bored so I'll kickstart this thread again.

    Nice future funk vibe, 8/10. Reminds me of Tara's remixed version of Takeuchi Mariya's "Plastic Love"

    How about some Mongolian Metal


    9/10 i love mongorians now

    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • NuclearCatsNuclearCats Posts: 49

    Good thing I was bored so I'll kickstart this thread again.

    Nice future funk vibe, 8/10. Reminds me of Tara's remixed version of Takeuchi Mariya's "Plastic Love"

    How about some Mongolian Metal


    9/10 i love mongorians now


    Never heard of the song in it's origonal version, but it is still cool. 7/10



    Let the music roll



  • Good thing I was bored so I'll kickstart this thread again.

    Nice future funk vibe, 8/10. Reminds me of Tara's remixed version of Takeuchi Mariya's "Plastic Love"

    How about some Mongolian Metal


    9/10 i love mongorians now


    Never heard of the song in it's origonal version, but it is still cool. 7/10



    Let the music roll

    Nice piece. 8/10. I just like gangster rap better.

    Now, I got a question. Compare each of these piece and tell me which one do you prefer.



    Or...



    Don't kill me please.
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622

    Good thing I was bored so I'll kickstart this thread again.

    Nice future funk vibe, 8/10. Reminds me of Tara's remixed version of Takeuchi Mariya's "Plastic Love"

    How about some Mongolian Metal


    9/10 i love mongorians now


    Never heard of the song in it's origonal version, but it is still cool. 7/10



    Let the music roll

    Nice piece. 8/10. I just like gangster rap better.

    Now, I got a question. Compare each of these piece and tell me which one do you prefer.


    Metro 2034 OST
    9/10 i finished the game on every difficulty and both mode, came across the pre-menu music countless time


    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • PumpkillerPumpkiller Posts: 161
    Never thought that thread would be alive for that long,lol

    Sick mixtape,Square root of 9 out of 10



  • HunterAssassin5HunterAssassin5 Posts: 1,201
    got hooked into VA-11 Hall-A's music some time ago, so i really like this thing 8.5/10

    speaking of VA-11 Hall-A (good game, btw)
    QgEMw04.jpg
  • 8.75/10
    Actually enjoyed it quite a bit, but it isn't absolutely my type of music
    While we're on topic with game soundtracks
  • AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,026
    Can you overlap Dirty Bomb's music with another?
  • GatoCommodoreGatoCommodore Posts: 3,622
    AlbinMatt wrote: »
    Can you overlap Dirty Bomb's music with another?

    like the guy who made the chocobo rush and the DB timer music?
    Bayonetta OST-Mysterious Destiny

    Bayonetta, you're a mystery
    You come along with a destiny
    This is your life, a battlefield telling you who you are
    Bayonetta, this is your time
    You're gonna sparkle, you're gonna shine
    Girl, when you fight it looks like a dance, you are magic, you're magic

    Come on, come on, come on, there's only one way, your way
    Come on, come on, come on, you know there's only one way, your way
    Dance, fight, spin around, spin around
    Dance, fight, fly higher, fly higher, fly higher

    Bayonetta, you bury your loneliness deep down in your eyes
    Sadness lies in your smile
    But victory shines in your eyes
    You're still alive
                                                                      
  • AlbinMattAlbinMatt Posts: 1,026
    edited May 7
    @GatoCommodore No, I kean like, can you use​ another music source whilst playing Dirty Bomb.
  • BestfinlandballBestfinlandball Posts: 479
    edited June 8

    @BooryDarthNader
    I never played any of the smash bros games, but if all of the music is this good i might have to play them just for the music alone. 9/10

  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,472

    6.0

    Intended to make a GMV out of this but lost the drive...

  • Demonic_Muff1nDemonic_Muff1n Posts: 107

    @Pumpkiller said:
    That's an original concept i didn't found elsewhere and i'm awesome.

    Anyway, here goes:

    i really like this song! i love ambient and chill songs like this, helps put my mind at ease. i really like it!

  • PumpkillerPumpkiller Posts: 161

    @Demonic_Muff1n I'm happy that it suits you :)

    @K1X455 7/10, it's not bad at all,i wouldn't download it though.

  • K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,472

    @Pumpkiller that's a good track for a surf vid

Sign In or Register to comment.