Hello and welcome to the Dirty Bomb forums! If you are confused/mesmerized/excited or just plain interested in everything there is to know about this place, you’re in the right spot. Check out the forum features and their explanations below- we will update this thread if anything changes or any new information comes up. Be sure to let us know if there are any features that aren't here that you would like to have. We will be adding features and possibly changing things based on your input.
You will rank-up by getting reaction points from participating in threads (more on that to follow.)
Lowest to highest-
– Boom. Headshot. You’ve been banned and can no longer participate in our forums.
- The only way to get this rank is to have a negative number of points. Meaning it is mostly reserved for fake accounts, spammers, trolls and so on.
– First forum rank. This is the rank you will receive when you’re brand spankin’ new. You may not post links at this rank- this is to avoid spammers.
- Second forum rank. You must achieve at least 25 points. You can now post links!
- Third forum rank. At least 100 points Highfive!
- Forth forum rank. At least 250 points. Movin’ on up!
- Fifth rank. At least 1000 points. Well done! You may also now create a forum Signature!
- The sixth rank. You must get 5,000 points. Looks like people like ya
- The seventh forum rank. You must have 10,000 forum points- and if you do WOW! You are super popular! Keep it up!
– Must be a moderator.
- Not technically a forum rank! Yours truly has this rank because I am the Community Manager.
REACTIONS AND POINTS
You can mark someone’s post by clicking one of the reactions below it. Certain reactions will award the person a point while others will subtract.
– This point should be given if someone enlightens you on something you didn't know. Whether it’s new information or a new perspective- it increases the value of the conversation as a whole. Marking a post as insightful awards 1 forum point.
- Users that disagree with a post can give their opinion with this reaction. Since a disagreement is highly subjective, this reaction doesn’t promote or bury the post or give any points.
– Pretty self-explanatory. If you agree with someone’s post go ahead and agree. Agree is worth 1 point.
- General Disapproval. Maybe someone said something naughty or wasn’t adding to the conversation in a positive way. This is worth -1 point
- A like is also pretty simple. It means you liked a post and is worth 1 point.
- We love laughter! It’s the best medic! Uhh medicine. Anyway, it’s always a positive thing-this reaction adds 1 point to a post's score.
- If someone is being abusive, going out of their way to swear and curse, insult or harass you- use this. Please do not use this function lightly it will be dealt with strictly. If you don’t like or agree with someone do NOT use this. If a person has posted something in the wrong section do NOT use this. False reports of this will result in your own account being looked at. Abuse will subtract 1 point from the user that was flagged, so they are worth -1 point.
- Please report any spam with this reaction- this includes any form of advertising. This is -1 point.