Forum FAQ + Rules!

MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
edited December 2015 in General Chat
Hello and welcome to the Dirty Bomb forums! If you are confused/mesmerized/excited or just plain interested in everything there is to know about this place, you’re in the right spot. Check out the forum features and their explanations below- we will update this thread if anything changes or any new information comes up. Be sure to let us know if there are any features that aren't here that you would like to have. We will be adding features and possibly changing things based on your input.

RANKS
You will rank-up by getting reaction points from participating in threads (more on that to follow.)
Lowest to highest-

BANNED – Boom. Headshot. You’ve been banned and can no longer participate in our forums.
nZT2Vpu.png
BOGEY - The only way to get this rank is to have a negative number of points. Meaning it is mostly reserved for fake accounts, spammers, trolls and so on.
Xvg5ZRm.png
RECRUIT – First forum rank. This is the rank you will receive when you’re brand spankin’ new. You may not post links at this rank- this is to avoid spammers.
3tT5GRu.png
PRIVATE - Second forum rank. You must achieve at least 25 points. You can now post links!
IMgBn7x.png
NCO - Third forum rank. At least 100 points Highfive!
2res1Lm.png
OFFICER - Forth forum rank. At least 250 points. Movin’ on up!
eBjGMLF.png
COMMANDER - Fifth rank. At least 1000 points. Well done! You may also now create a forum Signature!
wki03yE.png
BRIGADIER - The sixth rank. You must get 5,000 points. Looks like people like ya ;)
xqsKGgE.png
GENERAL - The seventh forum rank. You must have 10,000 forum points- and if you do WOW! You are super popular! Keep it up!
TrsZqbq.png
MODERATOR – Must be a moderator.
ICfFj9J.png
ADMINSTRATOR - Not technically a forum rank! Yours truly has this rank because I am the Community Manager.
RmKVM2F.png

REACTIONS AND POINTS
You can mark someone’s post by clicking one of the reactions below it. Certain reactions will award the person a point while others will subtract.

INSIGHTFUL– This point should be given if someone enlightens you on something you didn't know. Whether it’s new information or a new perspective- it increases the value of the conversation as a whole. Marking a post as insightful awards 1 forum point.
uhNhoe9.png
DISAGREE- Users that disagree with a post can give their opinion with this reaction. Since a disagreement is highly subjective, this reaction doesn’t promote or bury the post or give any points.
lN5KyLQ.png
AGREE– Pretty self-explanatory. If you agree with someone’s post go ahead and agree. Agree is worth 1 point.
m9LpJB9.png
DISLIKE- General Disapproval. Maybe someone said something naughty or wasn’t adding to the conversation in a positive way. This is worth -1 point
PUUFyg6.png
LIKE- A like is also pretty simple. It means you liked a post and is worth 1 point.
mVJwgFq.png
LOL- We love laughter! It’s the best medic! Uhh medicine. Anyway, it’s always a positive thing-this reaction adds 1 point to a post's score.
zD3oURT.png
FLAG: ABUSE/REPORT- If someone is being abusive, going out of their way to swear and curse, insult or harass you- use this. Please do not use this function lightly it will be dealt with strictly. If you don’t like or agree with someone do NOT use this. If a person has posted something in the wrong section do NOT use this. False reports of this will result in your own account being looked at. Abuse will subtract 1 point from the user that was flagged, so they are worth -1 point.
r0H0Ag8.png
FLAG:SPAM- Please report any spam with this reaction- this includes any form of advertising. This is -1 point.
BbNDd3a.png
Post edited by MissMurder on

Comments

• spookifyspookify WisconsinPosts: 197
    HOLY COW @MissMurder
    edited October 2014
  • potty1potty1 England, UKPosts: 454
    I actually love all these features. With a little bit of work here and there I honestly think these forums are one of the better forums I have seen.

How do the forums determine when you have answered a question? Having just you doing it might be a little bit of a pain and time drain in your day right? :D
    @spookify do you get a notification for this?
    potty wrote: »
    @spookify do you get a notification for this?

Yes
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    edited October 2014
    spookify wrote: »
    Any Questions?

e1LMxw.gif

Omg this is hilarious!!! ^

I know this thing is LONG too haha! And good catch @‌Mustang (i'll add this to the manifesto) for QUESTIONS- someone has to create a thread and mark it as a question... like so:

RWVjigu.png

And then they'll see the option to say that someone else has answered the question or not:
    MjFTRGL.png

THEN the answer that is marked "yes" will be moved to the top of thread.

Whew!
  • MustangMustang EnglandPosts: 161
    And how do I post links?
    Mustang wrote: »
    And how do I post links?

I think for now, you have to reach private first class. (Getting 20 points or so on forums?)

To prevent spammers and forum weirdo's posting links to stuff they don't want on here.
  • LuLNopeLuLNope Posts: 108
    edited November 2014
    How do I properly attach files to a message? I see that there's option for it but I tried twice to send my cfg to Fuzzel, attached file etc. but in the end he never got my cfg in a message.
    LuLNope wrote: »
    How do I properly attach files to a message? I see that there's option for it but I tried twice to send my cfg to Fuzzel, attached file etc. but in the end he never got my cfg in a message.

What happened? Do you see it appear on your side?
  • LuLNopeLuLNope Posts: 108
    Yep, I try to attach the file, it gets uploaded, send the message, whoever gets the message doesn't get the file in it.
  • n3xn3x Posts: 3
    The amount of features in this forum is awesome
    LuLNope wrote: »
    Yep, I try to attach the file, it gets uploaded, send the message, whoever gets the message doesn't get the file in it.
    Thanks for the heads up we will look into it!
    n3x wrote: »
    The amount of features in this forum is awesome
    Thanks! Super glad you like them!
  • OneBagTravelOneBagTravel Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Hey @MissMurder I'm a founder, why doesn't my name have the logo??
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,192
    edited December 2014
    founder has a different and odd meaning here

but you have a founders badge thingy in your profile
    moop
    Nail wrote: »
    founder has a different and odd meaning here

but you have a founders badge thingy in your profile

Yeah real sorry about that still :( Need to get the badges wiped from the system and reapplied to the true founders only.
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,192
    I'd rather have new/unread post indicators first
    moop
    edited August 2015
    *UPDATE* Good news everyone! You can now change your own forum name! Huzzah! :star: You will need to log directly into the forums and then you will be able to see the ability to edit your name under Edit Profile >> Edit Username.

As long as you log directly into the forums you can change your name- that means don't log into the Nexon website or anything first.

Thanks for your patience on this weird situation. Although, I will miss some of the silly names. Lookin' at you @poeticCrab

Hey guys!

So you may have noticed that when you join our forums it auto-assigns you a random name. We do understand that this is not desirable for most of you so here are the ways you can change your name:
    1. If you still have the Nexon Launcher installed you can follow these simple steps: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/209/how-to-forum-name-change#latest
    2. You may private message me here and let me know what you would like your name changed to. Keep in mind your name may already be taken so I would suggest giving me 3 options and list them in order of preference.

Thank you and apologies for the confusion!

<3,
    MissMurder
    Post edited by MissMurder on
  • XavienXXavienX Posts: 2,399
    Alright, thx
    that cleared up some confusion
  • Is this the result of our chit chats yesterday? Haha
    Is this the result of our chit chats yesterday? Haha

Haha yeah...long time due though :)
  • can i have your nickname? #opp
  • RehomaRehoma Posts: 122