What Were Your Dirty Bomb Misconceptions?

Comments

• Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Szakalot wrote: »
    @Amerika ahh good times, guns did half the damage they do now, proxy could run through crowds of enemies dropping mines whilstdodging all the bullets and fletcher stickies did sth like 50damage

The Naders man. Her grenades did more damage, didn't have an arming time and bigger AOE for the explosions and martyrdom was instant on death and much larger aoe and power. So you could run into spawns firing grenades and then martyrdom and have a 4:1 KDR. But yeah, explosives in general were just insane and I honestly hated the game at that time. The only reason why I tried it again on Steam was due to it being an SD game and the mercs that were available didn't have much for explosives.

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • Mr-PenguinMr-Penguin Posts: 2,243
    I thought that Redeye's smoke would be tactically useful when I bought him.

I was wrong.
    0egQoN7.png
    Art courtesy of @Matuno
    IGN/Steam Profile Mr. Penguin
    Have an idea for a new merc? Then head on over to my Mercenary Suggestion Form and go post it!
  • Thought Bush's turret could turn around 360 degrees so that it can shoot someone behind.

Thought turret could shoot far distances if enemies were line in sight.

Thought turret could deployed in spectacular way just like in E3 trailer.

I was so Bushwhanky when I bought him.
  • ItzNotAlexItzNotAlex Posts: 18
    edited February 2016
    When i started the game i actually thot i could rely on other people in my team.
    Public matches sure proved me wrong.
    Post edited by ItzNotAlex on
  • RewolfRewolf Posts: 100
    I thought that Redeye was pretty useless when he came out and Vassili was the better sniper.
  • At first I thought that the game was catering to competitive players.
  • LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 2,028
    Rewolf wrote: »
    I thought that Redeye was pretty useless when he came out and Vassili was the better sniper.

And then everything changed when the instagib nerf attacked.
    srswizard wrote: »
    At first I thought that the game was catering to competitive players.

:)
    Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • ApofenasApofenas Posts: 191
    I joined in August during free rotation with Sparks. I thought she had reliable HP, Tolen was a good primary weapon and her med packs seemed decent at healing team mates.

I though Rhino was a strongest merc like Heavy in TF, Phantom is overplayed and annoying like Spy and Bush's turret could do like Engineer's turret.

I thought Cricket bat, Katana and Kukri make you run as fast as knife.

Had to learn everything on my own mistakes
  • That Thunder would actually be useful.
  • That Thunder would actually be useful.

Now you are making me depressed. :(
  • FaralethFaraleth Posts: 2,257
    I thought loadouts were randomly generated when they were made... As opposed to the 9 pre-sets. Almost made me quit, but I held out and we were given a shop add-on that allowed you to buy any of the 9 available loadouts for any merc in bronze. It was at this moment I realised that there was only 9 - and now I don't have to rely on RNG! :D
    "I heal. I kill. Is ironic paradox, yadda yadda."
  • old thread bump!
    (this used to be mine, but I can't login to my old account)

• boerhaeboerhae Posts: 245

When I first heard about the game, I thought it'd be a really serious post-apocalyptic game, but it's more humorous than that. There was a trailer or something that I saw (not the scrub one) that looked pretty serious, but nah, this game is funny.

• Stack repairing/planting not working probably took me a while to realize. That and my very first impression of the game was that it was going to be another awful Brink.

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,357

When I first joined, I thought aura actually had an infinite amount of med stations. Whenever my cooldown was up, I'd put down another one in a new spot and run away. I just assumed enemies kept destroying my old one.

Fortunately, I realized I was wrong after only a few matches, but definitely not my proudest moment, lol

• K1X455K1X455 Posts: 1,563

Nice necro.

In 2015... it was bearably fair
    In 2016... it was seemingly fair
    In 2017... you'll delusional if you think it's fair
    In 2018...

• EsakaEsaka Posts: 57

I thought it was a game about bombing dirty places. What I get was a hammy shooter with people yelling on top of their lungs for medical care that apparently doesn't exist.

• FalC_16FalC_16 Posts: 859

Although spent years with cs 1.6 i had the feeling that there is no difference between running speed with my primary versus knife.

• I don't know, whether anybody has already said that before, 'cause I didn't read everything - but my biggest misconception with DB was: I'd say it was how revives work, because I always thought, that the amount of time you hold the defbrillator, hasn't any other function or impact then just reviving the player, although I didn't know that - the longer you hold the def. - the more health you give a player at revive.

• FalC_16FalC_16 Posts: 859

@NK.NewNightmare said:
    I don't know, whether anybody has already said that before, 'cause I didn't read everything - but my biggest misconception with DB was: I'd say it was how revives work, because I always thought, that the amount of time you hold the defbrillator, hasn't any other function or impact then just reviving the player, although I didn't know that - the longer you hold the def. - the more health you give a player at revive.

Agree many games like battlefield also did not have the charge defib mechanic back then. I think they first introducef that with BF4

• Begin2018Begin2018 Posts: 79

I thought that Ranked was a competitive mode.

• ArtyrimArtyrim Posts: 177

I though Skyhammer's airstrike had random directions ... until lvl 56 -_-'

• NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,453

I thought people would be smarter

moop
  • Dys[fn]alDys[fn]al Posts: 72

I thought Phantom would be good

• MuddyGrenadeMuddyGrenade Posts: 150

@Dys[fn]al said:
    I thought Phantom would be good

A different time, my friend, a different time...

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,095

For the longest time i thought Turtle was a nickname for Thunder

Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Sparps is bae.
    Thunder bangs you too.
  • MuddyGrenadeMuddyGrenade Posts: 150

@Lord_Coctus said:
    For the longest time i thought Turtle was a nickname for Thunder

Guess we have to call him like Tortoise or something now

• NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,453

more like Blunder

moop
  • Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 2,095

I thought Proxy would be cool.

Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Sparps is bae.
    Thunder bangs you too.
  • sound217sound217 Posts: 4

I thought Sawbonez big medpack would heal you instantly, so I bought him thinking I was gonna dominate this game...... :'(